Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So after watching all of Gettleman's pressers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you satisfied?
Yes!!! :D
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
No!!! >:(
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
Appears to be one great draft class.

I admit I was like" W-W-What!" when they took Ealy instead of an OT...but then I remembered watching Ealy this past season and then went:

Laughing

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettleman said after the first 4 OT there was a huge drop off and they didn't want to reach just to take a OT.

Thanks CK
boondock

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Gettleman said after the first 4 OT there was a huge drop off and they didn't want to reach just to take a OT.

I agree with that statement. Any of the other OT could be had between our pick and our 3rd round pick probably.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
I get the reaction to knee jerk reactions which are sometimes overreactions but we shouldn't give the powers that be a free pass. I mean isn't that point of these discussion boards. otherwise after every pick we'd just say "oh well, it's gettleman, he's smarter than me and it's not three years in the future"
Sure, there shouldn't be a free pass. But there's a difference between saying you think this player might not be the best available and the best fit or you're not sure why they went after a particular position when x player at y position of need was available and the unfortunately not uncommon, "This draft is pathetic. What is wrong with these people? Do they watch tape at all? This bum [ex: 6th round pick] won't even make the roster! We should have drafted L'Carpetron Dookmarriot in the 3rd round [player who has never played a down in the NFL and who eventually went undrafted]! It's like they don't even want to win! Whelp guys, who are we gonna take first overall next year?"

Yes
haggis

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They obviously are looking to building the future the Ealy pick will be a great pick if they trade Hardy or Johnson (which I felt they shoulda done in January and got an extra 1st and 3rd....

Everyone knows you can't pay Johnson 16m, Hardy 16m, and then have the money to pay Cam 20m and Luke, 15m...this is half your cap!

The RB pick is a future pick I still feel DeAngelo won't be on this years starting roster....Gaffney could be the best pick in this draft class even tho he is a little old for a Rookie.

This year will be a struggle and with the schedule they have and the glaring weaknesses at LT & RT and the secondary it will be a tuff season for Carolina. But they are moving towards scrapping the rubbish and remaking this roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: