Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As of 5/14 who won the RG3 trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Now that the RG3 Picks by Rams are over- who won that trade?
Rams
66%
 66%  [ 20 ]
Redskins
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Tie
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Rams. Rg3 needs to be a probowl to make this legit.
Well thank god he made the pro bowl in 2012 then! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Would you (aka anyone who answers this) feel more comfortable about this trade if the Skins had Andrew Luck as opposed to RGIII?
I feel the same. Redskins won the trade because they got a franchise Qb and the Rams have gotten some good players, but none are never what RG3 can be and what he proved he was a rookie and will be this year because he has an actual offseason to prepare for the season.

Everyone needs to just erase the 2013 RG3 from their minds, because that wasn't really him. He wasn't mentally ready to play, he wasn't prepared because he hadn't done anything with his teammates as far as throwing to his WR in reps at full speed much in the offseason.

Every player in the NFL needs an offseason, and especially a second year Qb. RG3 had NO offseason in terms of preparing in the offense as he was trying to make sure he was healthy enough to play.

If RG3 is just in between what he was in 2012 & 2013, and the redskins special teams are improved then the Redskins win the NFC East division again.

Meaning-

Passing: 63% complete, 3800 YDs, 20 Tds, 10 ints
Rushing: 600 yards , 4 Tds

Short of Kap, Palmer & Wilson getting lost for the year, the Rams will be sitting at home once again watching the Redskins host a playoff game because they stuck by the "very average" Sam Bradford in the 2012 NFL Draft instead of trading him for a pick and drafting RG3 to be their future franchise Qb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins - rams still don't have a franchise Qb. Redskins have Qb who made the pro bowl as a rookie and his second season which everyone thinks was horrible (but was really average) was better than Bradford's best season.

Also, Redskins hosted a playoff game in 2012 with rg3 as a rookie and look like they have the best team in the division this year, so they may again win the division in 2014

Being the best team in that division is like winning the tallest midget contest. IF the rams were in that division I'm sure we would take it.

that would be like me boasting if the rams had won the division Sams rookie year
Doubt it, Rams haven't had a playoff caliber team in nearly a decade. Redskins in that time came close to beating the Seahawks twice in the playoffs in Seattle, and if RG3 wasn't injured in the playoff game in 2012-13, the Redskins would have beaten Seattle.

The Rams were not better than the Eagles last year and I don't think they'll be better than the Eagles, Giants or Redskins this year and possibly not the Cowboys.

Sam Bradford is an average Qb, I called that in the 2010 draft, there just isn't anything special about him that makes him that much of a better prospect of player than Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy and not drafting Sammy Watkins was 100% stupid, they also overdrafted Tavon Austin.
the rams would be in your division. and lol youre really comparing colt to sam?. and really we shoudlve drafted watkins over greg? Man we should fire snead right now and hire you since they dont know what they are doing

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins - rams still don't have a franchise Qb. Redskins have Qb who made the pro bowl as a rookie and his second season which everyone thinks was horrible (but was really average) was better than Bradford's best season.

Also, Redskins hosted a playoff game in 2012 with rg3 as a rookie and look like they have the best team in the division this year, so they may again win the division in 2014

Being the best team in that division is like winning the tallest midget contest. IF the rams were in that division I'm sure we would take it.

that would be like me boasting if the rams had won the division Sams rookie year

Three or four years ago, the NFC West was an absolute joke. These things go in cycles. Defensively, you guys are stacked. However even if you were in another division, I don't know if your offense could get you to the playoffs. Outside of your tackles, I am unimpressed with all of your offensive talent. I mean no disrespect, but I feel that you have league average guys by and large. Yes, we have talent holes as well and you may have better talent than we do (in no small part due to the trade, though the cap penalty hurt as well). I just don't think much of your offense. That said, you will be competitive because of defense which I completely do not want to face. I would say you now should have a top five defense, possibly top three.
that is exactly why I am saying that would be like me boasting if sam had won the division that year, because it was as bad as your guys division is now. Yeah I feel our offense is average too, but I feel like average in many other divisions with our defense is all we would need. Sam was playing well last year until he got hurt, and if he comes back playing how he was last year he could have a good year.

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
When the Rams make the playoffs or find their Franchise QB give me a call. Robert change this team and Redskins nation as whole. He did the most important thing you we all want "Win". He wins Rookie of the year and leads us to the playoffs and clearly had the past Superbowl champions in a dazel b4 getting hurt! So to me the we got the best player out of the deal while the Rams may have won the battle if your talking overall talent and adding pieces. Put it like this what guy would you take that the Rams drafted with any of those picks over Rg3?
like i said before, making the playoffs in that division isn't saying much. Not saying RG3 is a bad ,qb i think he is a good Qb. But to say you guys won because of winning the division for one year when your division was terrible that year. No.

Was said in 2012^^
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
When the Rams make the playoffs or find their Franchise QB give me a call. Robert change this team and Redskins nation as whole. He did the most important thing you we all want "Win". He wins Rookie of the year and leads us to the playoffs and clearly had the past Superbowl champions in a dazel b4 getting hurt! So to me the we got the best player out of the deal while the Rams may have won the battle if your talking overall talent and adding pieces. Put it like this what guy would you take that the Rams drafted with any of those picks over Rg3?
like i said before, making the playoffs in that division isn't saying much. Not saying RG3 is a bad ,qb i think he is a good Qb. But to say you guys won because of winning the division for one year when your division was terrible that year. No.

I gave credit to where credit was due, but I stand by my words. What player that the Rams have selected since the trade would anyone take b4 Robert? The answer is none. The league is about winning and since the trade Robert has lead his team to the furthest they've been to a Super Bowl in years and the success of this team as a whole will be much like Roberts rookie year. The Rams have gotten a lot of talent to add but have no Franchise QB or success since the trade has reached the level as ours. Robert is the most talented guy out of the guys selected in that draft and let me not remind you again a "Franchise QB"

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

I gave credit to where credit was due, but I stand by my words. What player that the Rams have selected since the trade would anyone take b4 Robert? The answer is none. The league is about winning and since the trade Robert has lead his team to the furthest they've been to a Super Bowl in years and the success of this team as a whole will be much like Roberts rookie year. The Rams have gotten a lot of talent to add but have no Franchise QB or success since the trade has reached the level as ours. Robert is the most talented guy out of the guys selected in that draft and let me not remind you again a "Franchise QB"

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
You're completely ignoring the fact that we were an injured RG3 away in the second half from beating the Seahawks in the 2012-13 playoffs.

The Rams offense sucks! Period! They wouldn't be able to keep up in scoring with the Redskins, Giants, especially the Eagles nor the Cowboys. You stick them in any division in the nfl and they're not in the playoffs.
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
You're completely ignoring the fact that we were an injured RG3 away in the second half from beating the Seahawks in the 2012-13 playoffs.

The Rams offense sucks! Period! They wouldn't be able to keep up in scoring with the Redskins, Giants, especially the Eagles nor the Cowboys. You stick them in any division in the nfl and they're not in the playoffs.

so youre saying if RG3 didnt get injured, you guys for sure would have won? give me that crystal ball bro, I want to see the winning lotto numbers.
lmao if the rams can hang with the seahawks and niners, theyd have no problem hanging with the teams in your division. Im not saying we'd demolish you guys but we'd keep up.
Our offense sucks? youre talking about Bradford who was on pace to post 32td 8 td? or Zach stacy who was having a good year for a rookie. I know our offense isnt good, but its not terrible
You guys have the better offense, but the gap between our defense is huge. And did I ever say we'd for sure be in the playoffs? I said we would definitely be competing for it especially when a what 9-7 or 8-8 team won it?
You seem to be getting [inappropriate/removed]. Even though my team is in the best division in football, lets do a sig bet since your soooo confident. A YEAR long sig bet at that. Whoever finishes with the better record wins? deal?

Was said in 2012^^
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

None, but would I trade ALL the players we selected and SAmmy for RG3? no,our team wouldnt have a starting OLB, LG, CB, and RB. Thats great and I'm happy for your franchise. But like I said again I wouldnt consider him taking you to the playoffs showing you won it.
But if you think you won it because you got a franchise QB, then thats a respectable opinion and I wouldnt fight that.
Rams would rather have our players, and you guys would rather have RG3 so we both come out on top.

Was said in 2012^^
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

None, but would I trade ALL the players we selected and SAmmy for RG3? no,our team wouldnt have a starting OLB, LG, CB, and RB. Thats great and I'm happy for your franchise. But like I said again I wouldnt consider him taking you to the playoffs showing you won it.
But if you think you won it because you got a franchise QB, then thats a respectable opinion and I wouldnt fight that.
Rams would rather have our players, and you guys would rather have RG3 so we both come out on top.

Not much but respect can be said after that. We just see things a little different and your right I'd rather have Robert over the guys the Rams drafted ( and thats one hell of a group of guys).

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
ramsgoooo wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Not much but respect can be said after that. We just see things a little different and your right I'd rather have Robert over the guys the Rams drafted ( and thats one hell of a group of guys).

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem with the trade is that Russell Wilson was available in the third round. It's hindsight, but having the ability to get him in third round when you spent so much to get a QB 2nd overall is kind of wet blanket on the trade.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one thought Wilson was going to be a starting NFL QB. That why he went so late.
Why cant both teams win in this trade. The Rams were able to rebuild their roster and the Redskins got their franchise QB. Win/Win
Both team s now have solid rosters and will be fighting for a playoff spot. Their is no need to argue who won the trade when both teams got what they wanted....
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
Would you (aka anyone who answers this) feel more comfortable about this trade if the Skins had Andrew Luck as opposed to RGIII?
I feel the same. Redskins won the trade because they got a franchise Qb and the Rams have gotten some good players, but none are never what RG3 can be and what he proved he was a rookie and will be this year because he has an actual offseason to prepare for the season.

Everyone needs to just erase the 2013 RG3 from their minds, because that wasn't really him. He wasn't mentally ready to play, he wasn't prepared because he hadn't done anything with his teammates as far as throwing to his WR in reps at full speed much in the offseason.

Every player in the NFL needs an offseason, and especially a second year Qb. RG3 had NO offseason in terms of preparing in the offense as he was trying to make sure he was healthy enough to play.

If RG3 is just in between what he was in 2012 & 2013, and the redskins special teams are improved then the Redskins win the NFC East division again.

Meaning-

Passing: 63% complete, 3800 YDs, 20 Tds, 10 ints
Rushing: 600 yards , 4 Tds

Short of Kap, Palmer & Wilson getting lost for the year, the Rams will be sitting at home once again watching the Redskins host a playoff game because they stuck by the "very average" Sam Bradford in the 2012 NFL Draft instead of trading him for a pick and drafting RG3 to be their future franchise Qb.

But Turtle you are missing the point. Rams fans will tell you they play in a much more difficult division...that is why they didn't need a franchise QB.... Very Happy

Marcus21 wrote:
No one thought Wilson was going to be a starting NFL QB. That why he went so late.
Why cant both teams win in this trade. The Rams were able to rebuild their roster and the Redskins got their franchise QB. Win/Win
Both team s now have solid rosters and will be fighting for a playoff spot. Their is no need to argue who won the trade when both teams got what they wanted....

its funny when I see people saying "winning the trade". The only winning is done on the field and as far as I am concerned the score is 1-0 Redskins. We have a division championship they don't. Lets keep counting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: