Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colt Lyerla TE Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12773
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question here is why would any NFL Team waste their time?

They'll take a chance on him only for him to get suspended before the season starts because of substance abuse. This kid is going to end up doing some serious time eventually. He's got all kinds of problems going on and a lot of it is mental.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31085
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
The question here is why would any NFL Team waste their time?

They'll take a chance on him only for him to get suspended before the season starts because of substance abuse. This kid is going to end up doing some serious time eventually. He's got all kinds of problems going on and a lot of it is mental.


I can see teams taking a chance because one he is low risk. You hope that you could see his life changing living in a new city, and a potential team can surround him with "body Gaurds" a al Dez Bryant style
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 4326
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
The question here is why would any NFL Team waste their time?

They'll take a chance on him only for him to get suspended before the season starts because of substance abuse. This kid is going to end up doing some serious time eventually. He's got all kinds of problems going on and a lot of it is mental.


I can see teams taking a chance because one he is low risk. You hope that you could see his life changing living in a new city, and a potential team can surround him with "body Gaurds" a al Dez Bryant style


Dez was a 1st round pick and the Cowboys wanted to protect their investment. Colt is an UDFA I'm not sure a team is willing to finance a team of bodyguards to watch after him. He either is going to grow up and be a.productive member of society or he will be in and out of jail for moat of his life. He has got to decide which way he is going to go

For his sake I hope a team gives him a shot and he runs with it. Otherwise I don't have high hopes for the kid to have any sort of productive life.
_________________

Sigged by Jamison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19198
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WesWelker wrote:
His comments post sandy hook absolutely deserve to get him blackballed by the league.
Eh... No.

As an Oregon fan, I was glad a cancer was kicked from the team (or quit whichever). However, his personal beliefs on the government misformed or not should have 0 impact on what NFL team takes him.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16566
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
WesWelker wrote:
His comments post sandy hook absolutely deserve to get him blackballed by the league.
Eh... No.

As an Oregon fan, I was glad a cancer was kicked from the team (or quit whichever). However, his personal beliefs on the government misformed or not should have 0 impact on what NFL team takes him.


Now both sides have had an input on the Sandy Brook comments, now let's stick to football. We don't want to get into a political/personal debate here...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2350
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from all his off the field stuff he was an on the field underachiever. His numbers in an Oregon system were not all that impressive.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1350
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its pretty sad, because his personality issues and substance issues can all be traced back to his family. Kid never had a chance.

Still, people can change. If he has worked to become a more well rounded person, than I hope he gets a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4481
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of considered a pick on him. I actually mocked him to us in the 6th I think.

More talented than Ebron. Just a bunch of baggage.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phobixx


Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Posts: 263
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Aside from all his off the field stuff he was an on the field underachiever. His numbers in an Oregon system were not all that impressive.


yep cant really figure out why so many people are in love with him. When he did sweet FA at oregon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 3416
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would a team care about a guy who hasn't shown a single thing to indicate that he actually cares about the game of football?

That's what it comes down to for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LitesOut13


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Posts: 1521
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got picked up by the Steelers correct?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jamax99


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 595
Location: new york
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams worried he is a cancer in locker room. No reason to have star players hanging out w him. Not sure how many chances he had, but everyone should get secound chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14263
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt is in Green Bay today as a tryout for this weekend's Packers mini-camp.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 2590
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Colt is in Green Bay today as a tryout for this weekend's Packers mini-camp.


That's a shame.

Really think the league could do a better job of not giving chances to such despicable human beings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 1350
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Really think the league could do a better job of not giving chances to such despicable human beings.


Jesus dude. He is a 20 year old, likely with serious mental health issues, raised in a broken white trash home with a long family history of violence, incarceration and drug abuse.

He made some mistakes, at a young age, and should be given another chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group