Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dez to the Browns thought.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dez to Cleveland for 2-1st's in 2015
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
It's not just about comparing the players. You also have to compare their salaries. Dez is about to be super expensive.

and worth it

To a point. Get up there to $14-15/yr it's not exactly a slam dunk for anybody outside of QB. That money signs 2-3 very good players.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry would never do it.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do it. As much as I like Dez, we would be looking at easily three top half of the 1st round draft picks. That's three premium players for 5 years at a very reasonable price, or 1 star at a star salary.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the upside? We have to use one of those firsts to replace him and the one we gain might or might not be on a good player. So you get two potential busts for one verified player.

One in the hand is better than two in the bush - right?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
What's the upside? We have to use one of those firsts to replace him and the one we gain might or might not be on a good player. So you get two potential busts for one verified player.

One in the hand is better than two in the bush - right?

That isn't the upside though, that is the conservative way of looking at it. Nothing wrong with that just saying.

The upside is that we have 3 picks in the top 15 which is very possible with those 3 teams. The talent is like 2011, and we come out with say Julio, Watt, and Quinn. Possibly making a Cleveland like trade down in the process. Then add the cap room for a FA or for the penalty for cutting Romo if necessary.

The downside is that those teams overachieve, we draft later and increase our opportunity to draft busts.

The Browns wouldn't be wise to make such a desperation move but I would do it in a heartbeat. It helps us cap-wise and can possible infuse young talent very quickly. If it fails we really aren't much further away from a SB. If it is a success we could be one of the youngest and most talented teams in the league in 2015
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone goes around talking about the H Walker deal know your facts first...it wasnt 7 picks and 7 players...it was players or picks attached to their status on the team...keep the player and no pick...cut the player and get the pick...the boys up in Minnesota thought Jimmy was just a patsy college boy and couldnt play with the big "NFL" boys...and yes u make that Dez trade in a heartbeat before Cleveland thinks about it for too long...3 top 15 picks easy next year and then trade 2nd and 3rd for another 1st and The Boys are back in business 2015

Peace
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTechnician wrote:
Jerry would never do it.

This time last year, a lot of people would've said the same thing about Jerry cutting DeMarcus Ware. Never say never when it comes to Jerry Jones.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
be WARE94

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've already heard whispers that next years draft is going to be weak? is that true? if so then NO....this is tough....i love dez...legit HOF potential IMO....but he's going to cost A LOT and big time receivers are not required to win chips...moss TO harrison....1 ring....you just really don't NEED an elite talent at wideout to win a super bowl and more often then not the ELITE wide receivers head to canton WITHOUT a super bowl ring....so if the draft has enough elite prospects and overall depth like this years draft i say hell yes...dez and his 12-15 million dollars a year isn't going to get us a super bowl....sorry
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
i've already heard whispers that next years draft is going to be weak? is that true? if so then NO....this is tough....i love dez...legit HOF potential IMO....but he's going to cost A LOT and big time receivers are not required to win chips...moss TO harrison....1 ring....you just really don't NEED an elite talent at wideout to win a super bowl and more often then not the ELITE wide receivers head to canton WITHOUT a super bowl ring....so if the draft has enough elite prospects and overall depth like this years draft i say hell yes...dez and his 12-15 million dollars a year isn't going to get us a super bowl....sorry

We've always seemed to have a damn good receiver each time we've won a SB...

^^^Deadpulse
TheGame316

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's to say it would be 3 top 15 picks?

Last time we got a Cleveland 1st it ended up being #22, buffalo could surprise and go 8-8 or 9-7

then what?

Our 1st and 2 picks over #15, and they may or may not pan out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: