Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Draft Prospects Thread [Vol. 1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Vic Beasley
one of one

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta also mention Shawn Oakman DE Baylor. At 6'9" 270 you gotta think the Eagles will like him. Especially do to the fact that he is actually good at football. But he played 4-3 DE and would need to put on some weight for 3-4 DE. I'd assume he'll get some weight on before next season though.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Amari Cooper is really going to benefit from having Coker throw him the ball.

I 100% disagree with this - I think Cooper has a Marquise Lee like regression this year with the change at quarterback and I think Coker struggles mightily for the majority of the year. The Alabama schedule is no joke at all, having to play Florida, go to Ole Miss, go to Arky (who should improve), going to Tennessee, going to LSU and I believe they also have A&M at home.

Some guys I like

Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
Jalen Strong, WR, Arizona State
Chris Hackett, S, TCU
Sam Carter, S, TCU
Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Vic Beasley, DE/LB, Clemson
Devonte Fields, DE/LB, TCU
Byron Marshall, RB, Oregon
Keith Marshall, RB, Georiga
Jesse James, TE, Penn State
AJ Johnson, LB, Tennessee
one of one

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
Amari Cooper is really going to benefit from having Coker throw him the ball.

I 100% disagree with this - I think Cooper has a Marquise Lee like regression this year with the change at quarterback and I think Coker struggles mightily for the majority of the year. The Alabama schedule is no joke at all, having to play Florida, go to Ole Miss, go to Arky (who should improve), going to Tennessee, going to LSU and I believe they also have A&M at home.

Some guys I like

Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
Jalen Strong, WR, Arizona State
Chris Hackett, S, TCU
Sam Carter, S, TCU
Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Vic Beasley, DE/LB, Clemson
Devonte Fields, DE/LB, TCU
Byron Marshall, RB, Oregon
Keith Marshall, RB, Georiga
Jesse James, TE, Penn State
AJ Johnson, LB, Tennessee

Cooper had a Marquise Lee like regression due to injuries this past year. He should only go up from last season no matter who the QB is.

I really love Johnson and Fields but with Johnson's arrest and Fields' very sketchy robbery I doubt they are Eagles.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coker has much much more arm talent than McCarron. I liked AJ for being a part of those championship teams, but his attitude last year really didn't help. He wasn't exactly the most consistent passer either. I don't know what makes you think that Coker will struggle. All reports say that he is going to be special. Jimbo Fisher said that even if Coker didn't transfer, he could have been a mid-late round pick if he was just a backup going into the draft. Coker also was reportedly in a close competition with Jameis Winston until Winston won the job. And multiple QB coaches who have worked with Coker say that he is the real deal.

The Alabama schedule is tough but no harder than last year really.

West Virginia (in the Georgia Dome) - Good first test. But not too worried.
Florida Atlantic (home) - Win.
Southern Miss (home) - Win.
Florida (home) - Really not worried about this game. No offense to you.
Bye
Ole Miss (away) - Potential for trouble but the extra week makes me not too worried.
Arkansas (away) - Yes, Arkansas improved but Alabama beat last year's team 52-0. Can't imagine they improved enough to upset Alabama.
Texas A&M (home) - Win. Home game. No Johnny. No Mike Evans. No Jake Matthews.
Tennessee (away) - Yes, Tennessee improved but Alabama beat last year's team 45-10. Only thing making me a little nervous is that it's a rivalry game and that it's in Neyland Stadium. Still not very worried.
Bye
LSU (away) - Very Worried. It's LSU. Likely will be a night game in Baton Rouge. Only team that seems to win those games is Alabama. Will be tough.
Mississippi State (home) - Little worried. Alabama always plays poorly the week after the LSU game. If MSU brings it and Alabama has its worst letdown game yet, it could maybe be an upset.
Western Carolina (home) - Win.
Auburn (home) - Rematch of last year. Not as worried about this as I am about LSU. I don't think Alabama misses 3 field goals this year in the Iron Bowl and I don't think Alabama comes away with 0 points after 3 possessions going deep into Auburn territory late in the second half.

Alabama's defense is much deeper and better this year than last year. Corners won't be a liability. Tony Brown is the real deal. He'll get a ton of playing time right from the start. The defensive line is going to have a case for being the best in the country. Da'Shawn Hand and Rashaan Evans aren't even on campus yet and still, the Alabama front seven is loaded.

Alabama's offense will be as good as the offensive line is. Will be interesting to see if Dominick Jackson wins a starting job when he gets to school. I think Cam Robinson will start as a true freshman at one of the tackle spots.

I don't know whether the 2014-2015 Alabama team will win it all. I think they have a couple tests on the schedule. If the offensive line isn't a disaster and Coker is as good as advertised, Alabama will at least make it to the 4 team playoff.

The best part is that 2014-2015 will be good. The 2015-2016 Alabama defense could be better than the 2011 Alabama defense.

Just so that this isn't a waste of a read for everyone in the Eagles forum, here are some Alabama draft prospects for next year's draft:

TJ Yeldon (RB, Junior) - Will be one of the draft's top RB prospects. Hard runner, tough to bring down. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Good blocker in pass protection. Sleeper Heisman candidate. Running style might not really fit what we do
Kenyan Drake (RB, Junior) - Talented. Maybe more talented of a runner than Yeldon. Running style is more of a fit for what we do. Problem with fumbles, such a problem that it holds him back on the depth chart.
Amari Cooper (WR, Junior) - Maybe the draft's top WR prospect for next year. Reports from spring practices have been indicating he looks better than ever. Nick Saban is talking him up beyond belief. And he almost never does that with a player who hasn't already declared for the draft.
DeAndrew White (WR, Senior) - Fast, average height.
Christion Jones (WR, Senior) - Great returner, average WR.
Arie Kouandjio (G, Senior) - Not consistent. Really struggled last year. Has a chance to prove he's better this season if he wins a starting job.
Austin Shepherd (T, Senior) - Decent starter. Will be one to watch to see if he makes improvement. Could be a candidate to move to guard if a newcomer wins a tackle spot.
Xzavier Dickson (OLB, Senior) - Consistent performer. Might be a mid-late round pick if he has another consistent year.
Trey DePriest (ILB, Senior) - Could be one of the top ILB prospects in the country. Very big. Looks big, plays big. More of a run stuffer. Question this season will be how good is he in coverage.
Landon Collins (S, Junior) - Top safety in next year's class. Playmaker. Best Alabama safety to come out in years. Athletic. Good range. Hard hitter. Very passionate. Watching him in college reminds me of watching Dawkins on the Eagles.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

TL;DR version: Alabama fan thinks Alabama is going to be good. Alabama has a few draft prospects. Info about them at the bottom.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 2015 CB class is going to be significantly stronger than the class we saw this year. A lot more talent at the top.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll, without a game by game analysis, short and sweet, how does this years Alabama team measure up to last years in your opinion?
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Roll, without a game by game analysis, short and sweet, how does this years Alabama team measure up to last years in your opinion?

Less proven but definitely more talented. Better work ethic and mindset.

Better secondary due to better corner play. Better defensive line play.

Basically, expect this team to be more consistent and make fewer mental mistakes.

If healthy, should be in the 4 team playoff. Could definitely make it to the championship game.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles, I think you're going to be very, very surprised at how much a quarterback can mean to your team. Not trying to turn this into a CFB thread.

What's the biggest position of need next year? I think we have to aft.take a CB, OG, and RB pretty high in the draft.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RollEagles, I think you're going to be very, very surprised at how much a quarterback can mean to your team. Not trying to turn this into a CFB thread.

What's the biggest position of need next year? I think we have to aft.take a CB, OG, and RB pretty high in the draft.

Oh I definitely get that QB is important. I just think Coker is going to be that good.

In terms of needs for the Eagles next year, I think a S, CB, ILB, and OG are going to be important.

Maclin's contract negotiations and performance could make WR a need next year as well.

I'm not quite ready to make RB a high priority need just yet. Perhaps in 2 years (Alex Collins, Derrick Henry, Thomas Tyner, Kelvin Taylor, or Shock Linwood).

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dude's I'll be keeping an eye on in 2014/2015:

OLB/DE
Randy Gregory
Shilique Calhoun
Noah Spence
Silverberry Mouhon
Devonte Fields
Eli Harold
Kyler Fackrell
Benardrick McKinney
Ryan Mueller
Cedric Reed
Za'Darius Smith

WR
Deontay Greenberry
Ty Montgomery
Quinshad Davis
Tyler Lockett
Titus Davis

DT/NT
Ellis McCarthy
Eddie Goldman

ILB
Kris Frost
Jeff Luc
Tyler Matakevich
Stephone Anthony

S
Landon Collins
Cody Prewitt
Anthony Harris
Derron Smith
Shaq Thompson
Jeremy Cash
Durrell Eskridge
Isaiah Johnson

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILB at the moment for me.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S Jeremy cash duke. Remember that name

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denzel Perryman is a monster LB from the University of Miami.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: