Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Strong Gut Feeling the Ravens Will Trade For Michael Roos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Strong Gut Feeling the Ravens Will Trade For Michael Roos Reply with quote

Am I crazy?
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Strong Gut Feeling the Ravens Will Trade For Michael Roo Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Am I crazy?

He's got a 6.6m salary for this coming season, so we'd definitely have to rework/extend him I would think if we went the trade route. He's 31 and I'm not sure how he fits as a RT in the zbs. Not saying id be opposed, just wondering.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's going to happen. He's going to turn 32 early in the season. He only has one year left on his current deal which would take up pretty much all the cap space we have left. I don't think we'd offer enough since Tennessee has almost $20 million in space and could probably get more from a team that isn't as conservative and could use him at LT.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be okay with it, because he's a VERY local guy to me (Eastern Washington alum FTW!) and I'm a huge fan of his.

With that being said, I doubt it happens. I doubt the Titans would do that, and even more I don't know if he would switch to RT.

So while it would make sense that he'd be an odd-man out with Lewan and Oher there, I don't think the Titans are going to ship him away.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I threw this suggestion out during the Draft discussion thread. With the size of his contract I could see us making a move for him if he was a late release like we've done in previous years. Depending on Ozzie's desperation to address the need he might make a push for Eric Winston in free agency since Kubiak is already very familiar with him from their days in Houston
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he was making noise about retiring?

If that's true, there's no way we trade picks for a one year patch, and an expensive one at that, when Eric Winston is a less expensive option that won't cost draft picks (compensatory or otherwise) if we wait three more weeks.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not. No reason to give up draft picks for a guy when there will be RTs available over the course of the summer.

Not to mention the Ravens have KO and Ricky Wagner to compete for the spot, with several guys to take the LG spot if KO was to move across.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little to no chance we trade for him, IMO. If he's cut, we may take a gander.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
mcdni

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only realized the Panthers also didn't pick up a LT after their starter retired. They are much more in need and would be a better fit for Roos.

I'm not even convinced the Titans will look to move him. They can bring Lewan along slowly and have Roos and Oher as their starters. More likely Lewan might start over Oher and that means they would have good depth.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
I have only realized the Panthers also didn't pick up a LT after their starter retired. They are much more in need and would be a better fit for Roos.

I'm not even convinced the Titans will look to move him. They can bring Lewan along slowly and have Roos and Oher as their starters. More likely Lewan might start over Oher and that means they would have good depth.

They paid Oher a lot to not start. Maybe play him at guard and Lewan at RT?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
mcdni wrote:

Tennessee has Levitre and Warmack at guard. Oher isn't playing over either of them. I'd guess that Lewan sits for a year and then he takes over for Roos (who will be a free agent) next season if a trade doesn't happen.

I think it's highly unlikely the Ravens are the ones who do try and trade for him though. The team is already down a 5th and 6th round pick for next draft with only an extra 7th (from Miami for McKinnie) coming their way. Baltimore is probably fine with Osemele or Wagner at right tackle. Not once during the offseason did the team say that tackle was a need or something they wanted to address. Everything reported was all media conjecture about filling the "huge" hole left by not retaining Oher.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
mcdni wrote:

Tennessee has Levitre and Warmack at guard. Oher isn't playing over either of them. I'd guess that Lewan sits for a year and then he takes over for Roos (who will be a free agent) next season if a trade doesn't happen.

I think it's highly unlikely the Ravens are the ones who do try and trade for him though. The team is already down a 5th and 6th round pick for next draft with only an extra 7th (from Miami for McKinnie) coming their way. Baltimore is probably fine with Osemele or Wagner at right tackle. Not once during the offseason did the team say that tackle was a need or something they wanted to address. Everything reported was all media conjecture about filling the "huge" hole left by not retaining Oher.

I wouldn't mind Wagner at RT, but I think Winston makes a lot of sense with Kubiak as our O-coordinator. Further, with only 3 weeks until June 1, I think it's not too long for him to wait to be added to the roster and not count as a comp pick guy.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not seeing it, would cost a pretty chunk of change.

I do, however, feel pretty confident that we'll bring in Eric Winston as a post-June 1 signing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: