Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1.32: MINN - Teddy Bridgewater [QB] Louisville (#5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings, and most teams, do horizontal and vertical stacking. It's quite possible that Manziel was ahead of Teddy on the vertical and they were in the same horizontal cluster.
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Hasn't Rick said that we stack our board in clusters?

Hhe knew the Browns were trading up (guessing the Eagles gave an ultimatim, or asked if we could beat the offer). Since they're in clusters, maybe we felt comfortable thinking that we could still trade up for whichever Cleveland didn't take later in the round, which we did.

Yeah, I think that's right. There was also a report that they called every team between 22-32 about trading up. That's probably how they were able to keep the price down, it was obviously a buyer's market for the trade up, no one else was pushing ahead of Houston for the next QB (and Houston promptly passed on QB again, as Carr fell to Oakland).
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings seemed thrilled to wind up with Bridgewater, whom Jennings believes will be a better fit.

"What I know about him is, he's a hard worker, he's a smart kid and he wants to get better," Jennings said. "Just that alone, it makes you want to work with someone."

Bridgewater likely will start the season behind Matt Cassel, and Jennings said there could be no better situation for a young quarterback.

"If I were a quarterback, I would want Matt to be my teacher," Jennings said. "I would want to be behind a guy like Matt, because he approaches the game like a true professional. He's not afraid of helping those who are pursuing his position. He's just not. His makeup is, 'Look, if we can all be better, our team is going to get better.'"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10908178/2014-nfl-draft-greg-jennings-says-teddy-bridgewater-better-fit-minnesota-vikings-johnny-manziel
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not this is the Vikings fifth first round pick in the last two years and seventh in the last three. That is a lot of high end talent brought into the organization in a very short amount of time. This is probably the most important of that group though because the quarterback position has been holding Minnesota back for many years. Bridgewater was my top rated signal caller in this class because unlike others I prefer to rely on three years of excellent game tape and what I know about his impeccable intangibles rather than a Pro Day workout in shorts. That’s just me though. Even though Bridgewater was undoubtedly disappointed to slide this far it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, just like it was for Aaron Rodgers. Unlike some of his colleagues Bridgewater is going into a situation where there are already quite a few pieces in place, most notably Adrian Peterson, Cordarrelle Patterson and Matt Kalil. That is obviously a lot more talent than he’d be surrounded by in places like Jacksonville, Cleveland and Oakland. Another benefit is that Bridgewater won’t be forced into action before he is ready since the team has a capable stop-gap in Matt Cassel. There are no sure things in the NFL Draft, especially when it comes to quarterbacks, but there is nobody I’d feel more comfortable hitching my wagon to than Bridgewater. Both on and perhaps more importantly off the field. It was wise of the Vikings to trade up because their choice in the second round was slotted behind a bunch of other quarterback-needy teams so there was a good chance the position would have been picked over had they not been aggressive. An added benefit of selecting Bridgewater in round one is that they now control a fifth year option on his contract and won’t have to deal with the headache the 49ers may face with Colin Kaepernick.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Results/Review-C.php
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Johnny thing now I suppose, I didn't know it was from someone who was actually there.

That said... I love you Browns!!!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TearsOfPurple wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Both rank below Christian Ponder... Laughing

Ponder always had an underrated arm. His problem was distance not velocity.

There is no difference, both are intrinsically linked. When a ball leaves a QB's hand it has a certain amount of kinetic energy. This energy is a functino of the mass of the ball and it's speed (1/2mv^2). Since the mass of a football is, more or less, constant, only the velocity of the ball really matters.

A ball thrown at 50 mp/h will travel farther than a ball thrown at 55 mp/h, that's physics. A ball thrown at 52/53 mph will land somewhere inbetween. Velocity, velocity, velocity, is all that matters when gauging QB arm strength. If Ponder's problem was indeed distance, then it was most certainly also velocity.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Teddy Bridgewater tells me he intends to learn from everyone "from the waterboy to the owner."

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Teddy Bridgewater tells me he intends to learn from everyone "from the waterboy to the owner."

This kid, this is a great kid.

As a Vikings fan, a football fan, and fan of good human beings in general, I hope he succeeds.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, ya never know who the waterboy might turn out to be. wasn't Larry Fitzgerald a waterboy once...?

Wink

Webmaster wrote:
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this been posted?

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/05/05/teddy-bridgewaters-nfl-personality-assessment/
Quote:

I know the scores, but I have been cautioned not to share the exact numbers. What the source has confirmed is that Bridgewater scored exceptionally well on his personality assessment-very close to the highest possible score. Bridgewater scored high in these categories:

Focus
Interpersonal skills
Dedication
Self Efficacy
Affective Commitment

This information–if accurate–calls into question the points we’ve been hearing in the media since the combine that Bridgewater is dull and lacks leadership skills. These results support what at least many have seen that opposes the statements to the media that Bridgewater doesn’t have “It”. It also pokes holes in the statemetns from anonymous executives through major media that Bridgewater can’t “be the face of the franchise” or lacks “CEO” qualities.

Quote:
Where the Wonderlic assesses book smarts in a timed environment, this test–according to my source–uses fast-paced, jarring questions that can often be embarrassing and pointed in nature. Much of the NFL is apparently sold on this interview-style test’s ability to assess leadership, emotions under pressure, how a player works with others, and behavior on and off the field.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah, well before the draft.

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@christomasson: Teddy Bridgewater has No. 4 ranked NFL rookie jersey so far in sales. 1. Manziel 2. Sam, 3. Clowney 5. Bortles.
http://t.co/T5gnPJYVdt

TENINCH

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
^ yeah, ya never know who the waterboy might turn out to be. wasn't Larry Fitzgerald a waterboy once...?

Wink

ball boy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Bridgewater told me he wants to get his weight in the 225 range. He's moving to Minneapolis ... Now. Having his stuff shipped. Going to work

Love hearing this.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Quote:
@christomasson: Teddy Bridgewater has No. 4 ranked NFL rookie jersey so far in sales. 1. Manziel 2. Sam, 3. Clowney 5. Bortles.
http://t.co/T5gnPJYVdt

Seriously considering getting one, there are so many young studs to choose from!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 19 of 59

Jump to: