Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Only UDFA I care about is Fields. That guys tape is awesome. Someone compared him to Burris, but he plays way more controlled than Burris and has incredible instincts. Not penciling him in anywhere, but his "tape" is way too good to not be intrigued.

Way faster and more productive than Burris or the Florida Atlantic guy.

But we will see.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also signed DT Rob Smith from Jackson State.

6-3, 305 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHiOUlZhl1I

Raider X hooked me with the sig
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGRxeWXvo

God damn, go to 4:06. Good special on Karl Williams, our UDFA FB. I know the FB position is a strength of ours, but I hope he makes the team as a STer atleast. Such a good dude. I am pulling for him.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Not entirely related but what are the odds of our 3 7th rounders and:
Mike Davis
Jake Murphy
George Atkinson III

making the 53 man roster/ps?

Davis has a shot. He's a decent WR who was on a program that has been spiraling the last few years. Horrible QB play, but he produced. Watch the OSU game, he cut up Justin Gilbert who was the Browns #8 overall pick:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+davis+texas+oklahoma+state

By sheer lack of talent at the position overall, he has a shot.

Murphy. Never thought much of him at Utah. It's going to be an uphill battle and he'll have to beat out Leonhardt for a PS spot. Raiders were said to really like Leonhardt last camp.

Atkinson III would be a nice story and his only shot is as a KR. He's not a good RB. Has to beat out Sheets (who I see got a possession charge in Canada), Stewart or Murray.

Disagree a little bit on Murphy. Im not saying he will be amazing by any means, but Utah has been a mess at QB with all the injuries. So he really hasn't had viable option to get him the ball. Also he has dealt with some injuries the last two years. Utah doesn't use TE's as much as other programs either.

I know I'm giving him a lot of excuses, but my main point is the potential factor is there. I think he has solid hands and speed for the position. He is a big strong kid that is also a decent blocker. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat some of the other guys out. I believe he played WR in high school and has only been playing TE for a couple of years. So he is still learning the position.

I think your being a bit of a Ute homer w/ this guys daine. I watch a lot of Utah football as well and to say he's a good blocker is off. His hands are great and he's a decent route runner, but he's a finesse TE, not an inline blocker.

Best bet, he sticks on the PS and learns to be more physical as a blocker and in routes. I saw him get pushed around to much for my liking. But the raw skills are there.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGRxeWXvo

God damn, go to 4:06. Good special on Karl Williams, our UDFA FB. I know the FB position is a strength of ours, but I hope he makes the team as a STer atleast. Such a good dude. I am pulling for him.

got to love that kid "the Truth" Williams....we got ourselves a new Zack Crockett http://raidalove.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/karl-the-truth-williams/
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, Fields, Davis and Williams have a real shot to make it.

Behind the top 4 WRs, there's room for Davis. He has a similar skillset to Moore and can be tried as a returner. Seen as a sure handed, reliable route runner. Criner and Butler better step up if they want to keep their spot.

Fields has more than enough tools to earn a chance to develop and contribute on ST at first. He can play any LB position and that versatility is a must for those bottom of the roster guys.

Olawale vs Williams should get pretty interesting. Williams seems to be a better blocker.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparano project possibly.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider
Oakland Raiders gave a $12,500 signing bonus to offensive tackle Danny Kistler

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't we convert george atkinson to db like his dad. That height speed being an athlete, i think we would make a good cb prospect to be coached up
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
why don't we convert george atkinson to db like his dad. That height speed being an athlete, i think we would make a good cb prospect to be coached up

Why? We already have plenty of young or crappy DBs that need coaching and time. Plus one of them is even a converted RB anyway. His name is nice but really doesn't matter.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
GJT1347

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

Why? We already have plenty of young or crappy DBs that need coaching and time. Plus one of them is even a converted RB anyway. His name is nice but really doesn't matter.

Just so i'm clear.... your agrument against GA3 converting to DB is that we have enough "young or crappy" talent there already? Just want to be clear...

Props to Palooka ^
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

Just so i'm clear.... your agrument against GA3 converting to DB is that we have enough "young or crappy" talent there already? Just want to be clear...

I wouldn't be surprised if he we try to move him to safety but if he's going to make the team he'll need to show promise as returner/special teams guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:

Umm, yeah. The same level of talent he'd bring us at that spot, so it would be a worthless addition. Not to mention most of them are more likely to improve than he'd be seeing as they play the position. Kind of dismissive, but I still like those odds.

After DJ, Brown and Rogers we currently have on the roster:

Chimdi Chekwa, Taiwan Jones, Keith McGill, TJ Carrie, Chance Casey, Johnny Adams and Neiko Thorpe.

Not exactly household names (ironic, huh?) but I'd surmise they're here to play CB and have played it already. I don't see how adding a RB due to his name to the mix there would help the position at all. How many reps would he even see? He'd have to learn the position while everyone else eats his lunch because they have the advantage and reps at first while he's learning.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he we try to move him to safety but if he's going to make the team he'll need to show promise as returner/special teams guy.

I think he never plays a regular season game in this league.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a genuine star emerge from the UDFA lot. A longshot, but wouldn't it be so nice?

Fields, Mike Davis, seem like the best shots to make the roster. Hope Karl Williams, Jake Murphy, maybe Grigsby, Ladson, Farms make PS.

Seems like a good crop, high hopes.

Man, we've taken on a good handful of previously suspended or iffy background players this draft. Dowling, McGill, Harris, Farms, Flynn,
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:

hes best oppurtunity to make the team is as a KR...which is a big need for us...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: