Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

De'Anthony "Black Mamba" Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: De'Anthony "Black Mamba" Thomas Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NSApWi2-hs

Okay, even though we drafted him 4th round, even though he supposedly runs 4.5 forties, he was still a College star and worth his own thread.

Now we've got 3 guys who can score from anywhere on the field at offense potentially. Special teams nightmares, have defenses praying on the ground watching them score.

Breaks my heart he went to Oregon instead of staying home, but the guy has a boatload of talent. Easy replacement for McCluster in my eyes, with loads more in the tank.

What's he gonna play? RB? WR? OW? How happy am I that we're discussing this again? Only it cost a 4th round pick this time around!

Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that last gif is freaking amazing. That defender had no clue where DAT was and looked so foolish. KC welcomes the "Quack Mamba".

Props to LOTO on the sig.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite comment, "Cool DAT."

J

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kid is an absolute freak So excited to see him in red and gold.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be worred bout his 4.5 40...not only does he play faster, he jst happened to have a bad run for the day they used as "official". He has run 4.34 and consistently in the 4.3's. Even 4.2 guys run in the 4.4's sometimes. I never go by the time they post on the TV.I look at all his tmes. Mike Evans ran a 4.4 I think, but that was probly the time of his life and he proby can't come close looking up and carrying a football.

Not only was this guy never caught from behind, from those gifs he was never caught by guys in front of him in the open field either. lol

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Wouldn't be worred bout his 4.5 40...not only does he play faster, he jst happened to have a bad run for the day they used as "official". He has run 4.34 and consistently in the 4.3's. Even 4.2 guys run in the 4.4's sometimes. I never go by the time they post on the TV.I look at all his tmes. Mike Evans ran a 4.4 I think, but that was probly the time of his life and he proby can't come close looking up and carrying a football.

Not only was this guy never caught from behind, from those gifs he was never caught by guys in front of him in the open field either. lol

If we are looking at workout numbers, the short shuttle and 3 cone drills were fairly lackluster and below expectations. It will be interesting to see if Reid can get more of an impact out of Thomas compared to the lack of an overall impact that gadget players have been able to make (minus Sproles who is much more physical). By their nature gadget players seem to make the most impact when not relied on too much and "overused" as a weapon. I still hope we can find a consistent outside compliment to Bowe.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, DAT isnt the type of guy that tests well, but if you out him on the football field with the ball in his hands he can tear it up. Great vision, understanding how to use the defenders momentum against them, and lightning quick cuts.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da_Zou13 wrote:
To me, DAT isnt the type of guy that tests well, but if you out him on the football field with the ball in his hands he can tear it up. Great vision, understanding how to use the defenders momentum against them, and lightning quick cuts.

I would have to do some research but Barry Sanders was the man when it came to quick cuts and vision, thats why he was so awesome.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good thing about Oregon, aka Speed U, players: they're coming from an elite strength and conditioning program run by Jim Radcliffe - the eminent trainer/coach known for his expertise in teaching sprinting and maximizing speed (I linked an article below). DAT will be ready for an NFL conditioning program where, say, Eric Fisher was not. I believe this was a major positive in evaluating this kid. Compare him to a Dri Archer from Kent State, and you have to believe he's more physically prepared for the League.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9630732/oregon-ducks-use-speed-school-train-fastest-offense-espn-magazine

Any news on which jersey number DAT will wear?

-
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last GIF.. that lineman caught my eye. Nicfre.. who was that? Hook me up man.

As for Thomas, I'm impressed already compared to Dex and his supposedly great skills in space. We saw it in the return game a bit but on offense.. meh. That guy left a LOT to be desired.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:

Any news on which jersey number DAT will wear?

He wanted #6, but I think he settled for 21.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
In the last GIF.. that lineman caught my eye. Nicfre.. who was that? Hook me up man.

As for Thomas, I'm impressed already compared to Dex and his supposedly great skills in space. We saw it in the return game a bit but on offense.. meh. That guy left a LOT to be desired.

If I get the number correct (74) that's Elijah George, a 2013 Freshman.
bigballin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a newsflash...I don't think DAT tested well because he has a very poor work ethic.

Alot of the impressive 40 times and agility numbers you see now are because players work hard to get that time. Most players work with pro trainers and become 40 time experts with their stance, start, and finish.

DAT has said before that he doesn't give it his best and takes plays off. This kid has a ton of talent but I'm telling you the reason he didn't test well was due to lack of caring and trying.

Size alone wasn't the reason he fell this far in the draft. The character concerns are real.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
Here is a newsflash...I don't think DAT tested well because he has a very poor work ethic.

Alot of the impressive 40 times and agility numbers you see now are because players work hard to get that time. Most players work with pro trainers and become 40 time experts with their stance, start, and finish.

DAT has said before that he doesn't give it his best and takes plays off. This kid has a ton of talent but I'm telling you the reason he didn't test well was due to lack of caring and trying.

Size alone wasn't the reason he fell this far in the draft. The character concerns are real.

Poor work ethic? Huh, I doubt it.

Also what's your source on him claiming to "not care" would love to see it.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:

He actually didn't fall in the draft unless i'm missing something....and if most players work with pro trainers to get their 40 time down isn't that a waste of time? Football isn't played from a sprint stance nor do you hardly ever run 40 yards in a straight line....come to think of it i've actually seen video of DAT scoring a TD using a track finish in the end zone....since he ran track, he's already had pros training him on how to race. If his 4.49 or whatever was because of work ethic, what about his 4.34?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: