Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grading the 2014 Tennessee Titans draft.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade do you give the Titans draft?
A
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
B
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
C
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

lamont

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Grading the 2014 Tennessee Titans draft. Reply with quote

Well since the Titans are finished for this year, what is your grade for Whiz & Ruston's first draft? Please feel free to post other site's draft grade as well.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a B. Only pick I don't like is Huff. I've even warned up to the Lewan pick.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C. Don't like Lewan or Mettenberger, and would have preferred Desir over Huff. Liked Sankey, Jones, and Williamson.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C... Has the potential to be an A draft. However, drafting Lewan means your 1st round pick won't play this year, or that you wasted 9.5 mil guaranteed on Oher. Everyone says how great it will be to have a great player for so cheap but you're going to likely burn one of those cheap years because he doesn't have a spot to play.

Also it gets a low grade because we selected NO pass rushers. Kinda surprised by that. I get that we have Horton and we're gonna blitz and Wimbley and Phillips and Ayers are there and yada yada yada, but I thought they would look to add a young pass rusher at some point. They never did. I find that curious.

Like Sankey, like Jones, wonder what the game plan is for Huff.

**RIP Steve McNair**
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A for potential.

C for now. It pretty much offers no help this year. Only one that should have an immediate impact is Sankey. Everyone else is a backup.

Good players but nothing really helping us this year.

I understand them not drafting rush help. Outside of those 1st two rounds the pass rushers were borderline at best. I can see how others rated higher.
lamont

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jwyattsports
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr's draft grade for the #Titans: C+

Quote:

JOHN GLENNON'S GRADE: B-

The player who should make the quickest impact: running back Bishop Sankey. He is not huge, but he runs well inside and out, and he can catch. He should play a significant role in helping to replace Chris Johnson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see first-rounder Taylor Lewan starting at some point this season, possibly at right tackle or possibly pushing Michael Roos to right tackle. Lewan should be a cornerstone lineman for years.

JIM WYATT'S GRADE: B-

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
C... Has the potential to be an A draft. However, drafting Lewan means your 1st round pick won't play this year, or that you wasted 9.5 mil guaranteed on Oher. Everyone says how great it will be to have a great player for so cheap but you're going to likely burn one of those cheap years because he doesn't have a spot to play.

Also it gets a low grade because we selected NO pass rushers. Kinda surprised by that. I get that we have Horton and we're gonna blitz and Wimbley and Phillips and Ayers are there and yada yada yada, but I thought they would look to add a young pass rusher at some point. They never did. I find that curious.

Like Sankey, like Jones, wonder what the game plan is for Huff.

Oher only counts 6 mil against the cap if we cut him after this year.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - ----
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - ----
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving Roos to the right side also wouldn't be a bad idea. He's still a very good LT but he does tend to get beat by quicker PRs. Then again I think Lewan is probably the better run blocker and they tend to play on the right side. Personally with Levitre on the left side and being a better pass-blocker then run-blocker and Warmack vice-versa, I'd say put Lewan on the left side and Roos on the right. That way you have strengths of pass-blocking and run-blocking on each side. Not saying guys like Roos and Levitre suck as run-blocking or Chance and Lewan suck as pass-blocking but they're definitely better doing the opposite. Lewan-Levitre-Schwenke-Warmack-Roos looks good to me. Although I doubt Roos would like moving to RT during the final year of his contract.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld already did a 2015 mock draft and of course they had the Titans picking first Laughing Laughing

Quote:
1. Tennessee Titans
QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon - I think Mariota would have been the No. 1 pick in 2014, even over Clowney. Not due to pure talent necessarily, as Clowney should still hold that title, but Mariota had a legitimate shot at being the unanimous top ranked quarterback. Unless he gets the “quiet” treatment that Teddy Bridgewater received.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin :
2. Mike Martin :
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Moving Roos to the right side also wouldn't be a bad idea. He's still a very good LT but he does tend to get beat by quicker PRs. Then again I think Lewan is probably the better run blocker and they tend to play on the right side. Personally with Levitre on the left side and being a better pass-blocker then run-blocker and Warmack vice-versa, I'd say put Lewan on the left side and Roos on the right. That way you have strengths of pass-blocking and run-blocking on each side. Not saying guys like Roos and Levitre suck as run-blocking or Chance and Lewan suck as pass-blocking but they're definitely better doing the opposite. Lewan-Levitre-Schwenke-Warmack-Roos looks good to me. Although I doubt Roos would like moving to RT during the final year of his contract.

Roos has never been a demanding type of person. He'll probably do whatever the team asks of him.

And while I understand your reasoning, letting Lewan stick at RT and play the lesser PRs while he gets accustomed to the NFL is probably the better choice. I would personally like him to stay at RT 2 or 3 years and give Roos a 2 or 3 year extension.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - ----
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - ----
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted C. Though the drafts people seem to think are C and lower tend to be the best in the long run whereas the A's tend to bomb out. So I have hope. Laughing

Defend Lewan and Mett all you want, but they were poor character choices, though Mett hasn't had any problems outside the one incident. Also don't feel like we drafted any playmakers, which is to be expected when an OL goes round 1.

Excited for Sankey though. Don't like taking a RB day 2, but guess it was a need.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
Rotoworld already did a 2015 mock draft and of course they had the Titans picking first Laughing Laughing

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

2014 Adopt-A-Titan Zach Mettenberger 7
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from Rotoworld. They sure do hate us Laughing

Quote:
Tennessee Titans

11. Taylor Lewan, tackle, Michigan.
54. Bishop Sankey, running back, Washington.
112. DaQuan Jones, nose tackle, Penn State.
122. Marqueston Huff, defensive back, Wyoming.
151. Avery Williamson, inside linebacker, Kentucky.
178. Zach Mettenberger, quarterback, LSU.

Overview: The most perplexing draft in the league began on day one, where the fallout from GM Ruston Webster's first-round pick will likely either involve moving on from Tennessee's best offensive player (incumbent LT Michael Roos), or relegating its top free agent signing (RT Michael Oher) into a reserve role, where Oher would become the highest paid "swing" tackle in NFL history. Sankey's measurables look good on a spreadsheet and he'll have a boatload of fantasy football opportunity in Nashville, but his tape is Vick Ballard-like, and not indicative of a second-round pick. The best value picks were Jones, a lane-clogging nose who fills a glaring need in Ray Horton's 3-4, and Mettenberger, a cement-footed but big-armed passer with more negatives than positives. It's conceivable that half of Tennessee's six-man draft will wash out of the league before their rookie deals expire. The Titans have struggled to identify talent throughout Webster's tenure. I fully expect them to bring up the rear in the NFL's weakest division this year.

Grade: D

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin :
2. Mike Martin :
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:

Quote:
Tennessee Titans

Overview: The most perplexing draft in the league began on day one, where the fallout from GM Ruston Webster's first-round pick will likely either involve moving on from Tennessee's best offensive player (incumbent LT Michael Roos), or relegating its top free agent signing (RT Michael Oher) into a reserve role, where Oher would become the highest paid "swing" tackle in NFL history. Sankey's measurables look good on a spreadsheet and he'll have a boatload of fantasy football opportunity in Nashville, but his tape is Vick Ballard-like, and not indicative of a second-round pick. The best value picks were Jones, a lane-clogging nose who fills a glaring need in Ray Horton's 3-4, and Mettenberger, a cement-footed but big-armed passer with more negatives than positives. It's conceivable that half of Tennessee's six-man draft will wash out of the league before their rookie deals expire. The Titans have struggled to identify talent throughout Webster's tenure. I fully expect them to bring up the rear in the NFL's weakest division this year.

Who wrote that? Silva? Guys a damn clown. I still remember him mocking Nix to us like 2 weeks ago. One of the biggest idiots on this planet.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:

Quote:
Tennessee Titans

Who wrote that? Silva? Guys a damn clown. I still remember him mocking Nix to us like 2 weeks ago. One of the biggest idiots on this planet.

Yeah Silva wrote it. It is amazing to me how many idiots can become writers.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin :
2. Mike Martin :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: