Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 99th pick, the Ravens select... Crocket Gillmore
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First pick I'm not a fan of, but I never seem to like the TE's we take or where we take them. I would have really liked to see us take Pierre Desir here. I just don't see the value in drafting a TE who will hardly see the field at the end of the 3rd round. I feel another secondary player like Desir or Keith McGill would have had more opportunities to see the field either on special teams or as a 3rd or 4th corner. Plus, Gilmore has injury concerns and I would have thought he could have been had with our 4th round comp pick at the least. Taking him with this pick, unless he turns into a pretty good TE, I'm going to be disappointed. Now some team is going to be able to snatch up Desir before us today and he's going to come in and be a pretty solid CB, while Gilmore hardly sees the field this year. We'll see, but I feel like this is a very questionable pick with what is left on the board.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh.

To be honest, this pick is tainted by the fact that the Browns took Terrance West, who was surely the Ravens' guy, just a few picks earlier. Gillmore feels like an 'oh [inappropriate/removed], who do we go for now?' pick. And then the 49ers took Brandon Thomas with the next pick, and that would have been a much better choice, even if he's IR'ed for the year.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First pick in the 4th round: Jaylen Watkins (Shaking my head). We could have waited for a tight end.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF was this pick?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville takes Aaron Colvin with the "Eugene Monroe" pick (#114). Colvin tore his ACL at the Senior Bowl and may STILL see as much playing time as Gillmore. Grrrrr...
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith McGill #116 to Oakland. Pierre Desir #127 to Cleveland. I hate to say I told you so. Other than E.J. Gaines, there's not many guys left that I think can make an impact right away (3rd/4th cornerback).

Gaines, Exum, Dontae Johnson.
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there goes Johnson (#129)
janky

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick. Either way I think he's considerably better and more reliable than Dickson. I think Gilmore has better hands and a better football IQ and intangibles.

I still think Matt Furstenburg from MD can contribute as well.. not sure what the plans are for him though
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
I like this pick. Either way I think he's considerably better and more reliable than Dickson. I think Gilmore has better hands and a better football IQ and intangibles.

I still think Matt Furstenburg from MD can contribute as well.. not sure what the plans are for him though

I think furst stays on the PS for one more season, them is the 3rd TE next season if Daniels is gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: