Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Final Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: DRD's Final Mock Draft Reply with quote

Didn't have time to make this all pretty, but here it goes...

Round 1 (Trade)
Dallas is eyeing Aaron Donald so they trade up for their guy. They trade #16 and #78 to move up.

Round 1, Pick 16: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
Speed in space with excellent character, Cooks is a great fit. With only one QB taken in the top 16 picks, Manziel to the Browns, we take our chances that the QBs will continue to fall into the top of the 2nd round.

Round 2, Pick 38: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Wishful thinking? Maybe. But with Manziel going to the Browns at #4 I think it makes this scenario possible. The Browns really shape the draft in a lot of ways because they have 3 picks in the top 36. If they draft Manziel that's one less team that could take a QB at the end of the 1st round. Carr is an ideal fit. He can sit for a little bit to polish his footwork and learn from a great mentor.

Round 3, Pick 69: Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
We are going to put pressure on the QB with our front 4, and to do that we need to continue building our DLine depth. We are pretty thin at DT right now. Sutton had a down season this past year after putting on too much weight, but this defense is tailor-made for his skills. In a sub-package role Sutton should provide some juice.

Round 3, Pick 78: Trai Turner, OG, LSU
OG is competing with WR as our thinnest position on the depth chart. And if Nicks is unable to get back on the field it will even worse. Turner is a physical RG that tested much better than people expected at the combine. He may be more athletic than he has been given credit for.

Round 5, Pick 143: Carlos Fields Jr., LB, Winston-Salem
I'm not going to pretend like I watched a minute of Winston-Salem's games, but his highlight tapes are unbelievable. Watching him run around reminded me of another explosive small school LB, Demario Davis. Lovie wants this defense to be fast and Fields is just that.

Round 6, Pick 185: Richard Rodgers, TE, Cal
Rodgers gets to reunite with his old coach who at one time predicted that he could become the best tight end in college football. Rodgers played at 275 (20 pounds bigger than he is now) when he was Tedford and showed Antonio Gates style potential. Hopefully he can reach that here.

Round 7, Pick 221: Kevin Pamphile, OT, Purdue
As a former defensive player, Pamphile is still learning the position but he showed well as a LT this past season. He's a solid athlete that started to gain momentum after an impressive pro day workout. We have retooled our OLine nicely so far, this will further improve our depth.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Draft Filled all of our needs A+

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup solid players that fill some holes.

I'd be very happy if we ended up with this group.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like cooks. Prefer Beckham but the way it looks he wouldn't be there at 16.

Dallas looks like a prime trade down partner with Donald on the board agree there. Turner I'm with you. However sutton I'm not. There's work ethic concerns and inconsistency. If dom Easly is there in round 3 more of a preference.

Rogers would be a solid pick on day 3.

On the trade down: wouldn't we get a 2nd? Looking back when St. Louis moved from 16 to 8 they forked over a 2nd to buffalo last year. Atleast get a 2 in return.

Derek Carr: I'm ok with it. But I prefer garoppolo to be honest and Carr has been your guy from the start. I wouldn't be against taking Carr but I just get that feeling he may not be starting material and even with the strong arm he just feel he makes too many safe throws that will hinder drives at the nfl level.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like cooks. Prefer Beckham but the way it looks he wouldn't be there at 16.

Dallas looks like a prime trade down partner with Donald on the board agree there. Turner I'm with you. However sutton I'm not. There's work ethic concerns and inconsistency. If dom Easly is there in round 3 more of a preference.

Rogers would be a solid pick on day 3.

On the trade down: wouldn't we get a 2nd? Looking back when St. Louis moved from 16 to 8 they forked over a 2nd to buffalo last year. Atleast get a 2 in return.

Derek Carr: I'm ok with it. But I prefer garoppolo to be honest and Carr has been your guy from the start. I wouldn't be against taking Carr but I just get that feeling he may not be starting material and even with the strong arm he just feel he makes too many safe throws that will hinder drives at the nfl level.

Who says Sutton has work ethic issues? My guess is that it's Nolan Nawrocki the troll of all troll draftniks. He's a clown that goes for the most venomous report every time to get attention. In Sutton's sophomore year, when he was ruled academically ineligible, he won the team's Hard Hat award for his work in their off-season program. That doesn't sound like someone with work ethic issues. He put on too much weight because he thought that's what teams wanted, not because he's lazy.

I suppose you're right about the trade down. Maybe that is a little cheap.

The short throws were called by the offense. That's their scheme and they were extremely efficient at it. What choice did he have? I have seen nothing from Carr that makes me think that he's afraid to push the ball down the field.

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with this draft besides the fact that we are only drafting one WR. We need to walk away with atleast 2

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
I'm ok with this draft besides the fact that we are only drafting one WR. We need to walk away with atleast 2

That's fair. I debated that myself. I'd love to come away with 2 WRs from this deep class.

bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

That's fair. I debated that myself. I'd love to come away with 2 WRs from this deep class.

There's 21 underclassmen WRs alone! It means we have to find atleast 2 to make this roster IMO.

There's a laundry list of guys, I don't need to go thru each one lol

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY MAN!!!!!

I love Brandin Cooks, I'm telling you, i've been fascinated with this kid for a long time, I honestly think he has one of the lowest bust potentials for WR's in this draft.

I love all the picks, besides Sutton.

I think he he was the guy who did good at 285, but at 300+ just did horrible.

I just find it hard to believe that if he was really doing that much worst due to weight that the coaches would have made him drop some lbs etc.

I'm not saying he's bad, I just want to know if the weight is really his issue.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was eagerly anticipating this mock draft more then Mayock's. Luv me some Cooks and I really like that you addressed the interior part of the d-line in this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: