Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Landry vs Moncrief
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?

Plays a lot faster than that.
cant you say that about everyone lol? he plays faster than that. that literally has no meaning. you cannot play faster than a number. its impossible. i mean im sure he can running faster than 4.7. but you cannot play faster than you are. it is impossible.

If you want to be technical you would really say the opposite. Obviously nobody is going to be as fast in full pads as they are in shorts.

But as the expression goes, he doesn't look like a 4.77 on tape. When you watch him play he doesn't look slower than the guys who ran 4.55/4.6ish. He'll never be confused for a speed demon, but his functional speed is fine.
maybe its just an LSU comparison, but I just see Brandon Lafell all over ago. Nothing seems to set them apart. Better hands probably, i mean he has to have better hands than LA.

Yeah, I can see that. If he could manage to be a consistent version of LaFell I think he'd be a good #2.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
you guys hate KB. didnt Landry run like a 4.7?

Plays a lot faster than that.
cant you say that about everyone lol? he plays faster than that. that literally has no meaning. you cannot play faster than a number. its impossible. i mean im sure he can running faster than 4.7. but you cannot play faster than you are. it is impossible.

If you want to be technical you would really say the opposite. Obviously nobody is going to be as fast in full pads as they are in shorts.

But as the expression goes, he doesn't look like a 4.77 on tape. When you watch him play he doesn't look slower than the guys who ran 4.55/4.6ish. He'll never be confused for a speed demon, but his functional speed is fine.
maybe its just an LSU comparison, but I just see Brandon Lafell all over ago. Nothing seems to set them apart. Better hands probably, i mean he has to have better hands than LA.

Yeah, I can see that. If he could manage to be a consistent version of LaFell I think he'd be a good #2.

And he was a bum and will NEVER be a #1 in the NFL, no thanks to USC or LSU WRs, with maybe the exception of OBJ? Maybe! Its Moncrief all day if those are the 2 choices! Moncrief was the man in Ole Miss with no one to take the heat off of him like Landry and OBJ at LSU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: