Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Made a 7 round mock, here's the Eagles results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Made a 7 round mock, here's the Eagles results Reply with quote

Link to entire draft is here:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18068627#18068627

Trades:
Trade up in 2nd by adding 3rd, get 5th in return

Round 1-Jordan Matthews, WR
Round 2-Jeremiah Attaocho, OLB/DE
Round 4-Marqueston Huff, S/CB
Round 5a-Corey Linsley, OC/OG
Round 5b-Jeremiah George, ILB
Round 7-Ted Bolser, TE

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 2 picks are money, don't know the other prospects

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan.
Bad trade.
Lower round prospects are PS at best.

1st could have been Cooks.
2nd could have been Marcus Smith.
and 3rd could have been Latimer.

Cooks + Smith + Latimer > Matthews + Attochou + 5th

Two decent CB's, Reynolds and Purifoy, went after Huff.
I cannot even fathom passing on Dixon in the 5th at that point.
I disregarded the other 5th as I would have voided the panic trade.
Passing on Urban in the 7th for a guy who would compete for third TE seems like a miss as well.

Think about it:

Brandin Cooks
Marcus Smith
Cody Latimer
Rashaad Reynolds
Ahmad Dixon
Brent Urban

I wouldn't even put that in a mock for fear it would be too optimistic and I'd be laughed out of town.
Patience in life.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it, but I can appreciate the time and effort that went into a 7 round mock.

The trade is just flat out bad. There wasn't enough done to help the secondary for me and the value at WR is there later as shown by you having Adams and Latimer still there in the 3rd round.

Also, Chip Kelly said the following recently....

Quote:
"People want to play you in man-to-man coverage," Kelly said last week. "We saw a lot more of that than other people. Getting guys that can get open versus man coverage is a key deal. Whether itís Coop [Riley Cooper] or Mac [Jeremy Maclin] or DeSean [Jackson] or whatever. Thatís the one thing we know as a group going in, is one-on-one coverage is a big deal for us. It is a big deal in this league. People probably - I think, and I donít know the statistics if you break it down - may have played us in more man than most teams in the league.

"So anybody weíre gonna look at at wide receiver from the future here on or thatís currently on our roster is: Whatís your ability to get open in one-on-one coverage? Because we see a ton of it. Thatís a huge thing for us in the offseason."

Yet we are here drafting Jordan Matthews in the first round when beating man is one of his problems?

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/jordan-matthews-proper-perspective/

Quote:
Release

This is a big one folks. Many receiversí NFL careers have come to a screeching halt simply because they couldnít beat press-man coverage. During Matthewsí collegiate career, he was generally given a free release but when he was pressed at the line of scrimmage, he struggled to separate.

I don't want to bash Matthews because there is a lot of things to like about his game and I'd be good with getting him in the 2nd round. But, in the the first round you want a guy with more upside, a guy who can beat man consistently, and ultimately is versatile.

That's why I would rather go with Odell Beckham Jr. in your mock. He can beat man coverage with his quickness. He can also contribute on special teams as a returner. Both him and Matthews are versatile as receivers though since they can play in the slot or outside.

But, going by the consensus on here, Matthews is the receiver this forum wants and if that is the case then I would propose a trade back with the 49ers who have expressed interest in moving up and ODB Jr. Then we could take Matthews at their spot. Just some food for thought.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
I don't like it, but I can appreciate the time and effort that went into a 7 round mock.

The trade is just flat out bad. There wasn't enough done to help the secondary for me and the value at WR is there later as shown by you having Adams and Latimer still there in the 3rd round.

Also, Chip Kelly said the following recently....

Quote:
"People want to play you in man-to-man coverage," Kelly said last week. "We saw a lot more of that than other people. Getting guys that can get open versus man coverage is a key deal. Whether itís Coop [Riley Cooper] or Mac [Jeremy Maclin] or DeSean [Jackson] or whatever. Thatís the one thing we know as a group going in, is one-on-one coverage is a big deal for us. It is a big deal in this league. People probably - I think, and I donít know the statistics if you break it down - may have played us in more man than most teams in the league.

"So anybody weíre gonna look at at wide receiver from the future here on or thatís currently on our roster is: Whatís your ability to get open in one-on-one coverage? Because we see a ton of it. Thatís a huge thing for us in the offseason."

Yet we are here drafting Jordan Matthews in the first round when beating man is one of his problems?

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/jordan-matthews-proper-perspective/

Quote:
Release

This is a big one folks. Many receiversí NFL careers have come to a screeching halt simply because they couldnít beat press-man coverage. During Matthewsí collegiate career, he was generally given a free release but when he was pressed at the line of scrimmage, he struggled to separate.

I don't want to bash Matthews because there is a lot of things to like about his game and I'd be good with getting him in the 2nd round. But, in the the first round you want a guy with more upside, a guy who can beat man consistently, and ultimately is versatile.

That's why I would rather go with Odell Beckham Jr. in your mock. He can beat man coverage with his quickness. He can also contribute on special teams as a returner. Both him and Matthews are versatile as receivers though since they can play in the slot or outside.

But, going by the consensus on here, Matthews is the receiver this forum wants and if that is the case then I would propose a trade back with the 49ers who have expressed interest in moving up and ODB Jr. Then we could take Matthews at their spot. Just some food for thought.

Astute.

I have long stood against big WR's and big DB's for the sake of "big."
Play first, big second.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

No. They're not money.
They're "potential."

Sure, everyone has "potential."
But, some guys can contribute immediately.
Matthews and Attaochu are not those guys.
They are the chances you take later, for later.
Well, later than you did.
The early rounds are for guys who can play both later and now.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attaochu can/should be playing 3rd down and any other obvious passing down. We have no speed whatsoever off the edge . He could fill that role at least for us for the first year. That's fine for a 2nd rounder.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews is too early for my taste, not a huge fan.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley and a TE or Maclin can play on the line, and Matthews could always learn how to get separation in the meantime.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Riley and a TE or Maclin can play on the line, and Matthews could always learn how to get separation in the meantime.

No, still terrible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: