Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Thread We're OTC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinniepaz

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys feel Blake bortles will be the pick? And what's the consensus with you guys on manziel?
BladeKor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Quote:
Citing "word on the street," ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that the Texans are asking the Falcons for a Robert Griffin III-like trade haul to get from No. 6 overall to No. 1.
In 2012, the Redskins sent the Rams three first-round picks and a second-round pick to jump from No. 6 to No. 2 overall, where they drafted RG3 behind Andrew Luck. The move made more sense with Washington pursuing a quarterback. Clowney has a chance to be great, but even if he has a Hall of Fame career, would not offer the impact of a franchise quarterback. Per Werder, the "dialogue" between the Texans and Falcons is "legitimate, and continues as we speak."
per rotoworld

Yeah, you can keep Clowney for that price. We can just trade up for Mack instead.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinniepaz wrote:
Do you guys feel Blake bortles will be the pick? And what's the consensus with you guys on manziel?

Clowney is the pick....i think most of us are split on Manziel...aggie fans love him the rest seem to hate him lol
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we look directly at team needs heading into the draft I see

1. QB
2. DT
3. DE
4. RT

as bad as it seems we have it at OLB, its really our 5th most needed position. Mercilus and Reed are better starters than we have at any of those 4 positions....in fact we really dont have a starter at DE or NT and our QB and RT options are proven failures

watching us draft our 5th most needed position at #1 on a guy who doesn't even really fit that 5th need in our system is going to be hard to watch

i really hope we work out a trade with the falcons, but its not gonna happen if we insist on a RG3 type trade, we arent getting a 1st and 2nd this year and 2 more 1st round picks....its not happening. The smart thing to do is take what we can get from Atlanta and move to 6 and fill one of those top 4 needs, pick up an extra 2nd rounder so all 4 needs can be addressed in the first 3 rounds, unless Mack happens to be there at 6
Carrer marks:
shep0507

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
longhorntexan wrote:
Another board that I read has a guy saying his grandparents are part of the Texans ownership group and they've been informed Clowney is indeed the pick unless they get blown away by a trade offer.

Just passing along information, no need to shoot me.

Not going to shoot you, just the message. As quiet as they've been about that pick, I don't think they're telling anyone that's not actually in the planning room who they're picking. They can't take the chance that info slips out and changes trade offers. I'm not saying that Clowney's not going to be the pick, though I hope it's not, just that I have trouble believing this story. Could be true, but I'm not buying it.

The guy before Smith who made the Williams pick said on NFL network that they informed everyone on the ownership group of the Williams pick a week before it was made, so I'm sure they informed them, whether they leaked that info to grand kids idk

Yeah, that was Charlie Casserly and a different head coach (I want to say Kubiack, but I forget). BOB is from the Patriots school where information is need to know, and it seems like Rick Smith has bought into that line of thought. I stand by my statement.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
longhorntexan wrote:
Another board that I read has a guy saying his grandparents are part of the Texans ownership group and they've been informed Clowney is indeed the pick unless they get blown away by a trade offer.

Not going to shoot you, just the message. As quiet as they've been about that pick, I don't think they're telling anyone that's not actually in the planning room who they're picking. They can't take the chance that info slips out and changes trade offers. I'm not saying that Clowney's not going to be the pick, though I hope it's not, just that I have trouble believing this story. Could be true, but I'm not buying it.

The guy before Smith who made the Williams pick said on NFL network that they informed everyone on the ownership group of the Williams pick a week before it was made, so I'm sure they informed them, whether they leaked that info to grand kids idk

Yeah, that was Charlie Casserly and a different head coach (I want to say Kubiack, but I forget). BOB is from the Patriots school where information is need to know, and it seems like Rick Smith has bought into that line of thought. I stand by my statement.

CEOs and Boards of Trustees/ownership groups are the definition of need to know. Given Clowney's recent tone and this piece of information that I agree hardly passes for trustworthy rumor, I think the pick has been made.

It's also worth keeping in mind that when we picked Williams, the pick was known ahead of time because there was no rookie pay scale. The pick got out when the Texans began lengthy contract negotiations with Williams. These negotiations were likely even more constrained by time given that Casserly likely was told or at the very least knew he was about to get the boot.
Cole416

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone but Manziel for me.

What I am hoping for is

Clowney at 1

then hoping Teddy or Carr falls to 33.

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
3 GP sucks
Hannibal3188

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ideal scenario is us trading down to either 6 or 9. If Mack somehow made it to 6, take him. If not, pick Teddy and don't look back.

Then at 33 take Brandin Cooks(almost certainly won't be there, but I can hope lol) or Kyle Van Noy or Jason Verrett.

However, if we don't move, then I hope Mack is the pick. I just believe he will have a more immediate impact for us than Clowney would.
texandominance

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft-Eve Mock

1.1 Jadeavon Clowney, DE, Clemson
2.1 Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
3.1 Billy Turner, OT, NDSU
4.1 Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
4.C Arron Murray, QB, Georgia
5.1 EJ Gaines, CB, Missouri
6.1 Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie State
6.5 Jeoffrey Pagan, DE, Alabama
6.C Andrew Norwell, G, Ohio State
7.1 Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
7.C Henry Josey, RB, Missouri
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Depends where someone is moving up from tho: "@ChrisLevel: According to @JayGlazer the Texans are asking for three first rounders and a second rounder in exchange for the top pick tomorrow night."

That's a bit steep for a non-franchise QB (i.e. Clowney) who has NOT demonstrated lights out performance from game to game.

That being said, if a team offered a top 10 1st, high 2nd, 2015 1st, and - let's say - a 2016 2nd - that's a legit offer. Throw in a promising player to seal the deal.

So (looking at you ATL) 1 1 (3,000) to ATL (Clowney) for 1 6 (1,600 pts) + 2-37 (530 pts) + 2015 1st (600 pts) + 2016 2nd (400 pts) is a fair deal IMHO. Texans get a load of picks, Atlanta gets their pass rusher (who also helps pull in fans from neighboring South Carolina), and doesn't break the bank in any one draft.
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
super_dude3608

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Murray could be a steal for us if we don't get a QB in round 1 or 2. Give him a a couple of weeks or even a season to nurse his injury a bit more and learn under Fitzpatrick and BOB since we already know that this is gonna be a multi-offseason rebuild before we're contenders anyway. Before he went down he was the first or second best QB in the SEC.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
Draft-Eve Mock

1.1 Jadeavon Clowney, DE, Clemson
2.1 Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
3.1 Billy Turner, OT, NDSU
4.1 Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
4.C Arron Murray, QB, Georgia
5.1 EJ Gaines, CB, Missouri
6.1 Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie State
6.5 Jeoffrey Pagan, DE, Alabama
6.C Andrew Norwell, G, Ohio State
7.1 Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
7.C Henry Josey, RB, Missouri

This would be a good draft
Carrer marks:
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shep0507 wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
shep0507 wrote:
longhorntexan wrote:

It's not up to BOB or Smith, no one makes the #1 pick without McNair knowing who it is and it's up to him to decide who to tell. He's a great owner who probably won't interfere but he will be informed
Carrer marks:
mse326

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official thread now open

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=547826

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: