Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Reply with quote

Trade Pick 17 to San Francisco for picks 30 pick 30 & 94

Pick 30 - Anthony Barr - OLB UCLA
Pick 48 - Stephon Tuitt - DE Notre Dame
Pick 61 - Ryan Shazier - OLB Ohio State (Projected Inside)
Pick 78 - Donte Moncrief - WR Ole Miss
Pick 94 - Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE Washington
Pick 99 (comp) Billy Turner - T (Move to Guard) North Dakota State
Pick 134 (comp) Jerick McKinnion - ATH Georgia Southern (Corner or Running Back)
Pick 138 (comp) Lache Seastrunk - RB Baylor
Pick 175 (comp) Loucheiz Purifoy - CB Florida
Pick 194 Ty Zimmerman - S Kansas State

UDFA
Chirs Young - OLB / S Arizona State
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So unrealistic.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Mock Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:

Pick 134 (comp) Jerick McKinnion - ATH Georgia Southern (Corner or Running Back)

UDFA

How would we have room for 3 OLBs?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Mock Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

UDFA

How would we have room for 3 OLBs?

Barr is a pass rusher, I'd project Shazier inside a la Darryl Washington, and Young is a Kam Chancellor type.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too upset with this scenario playing out except for them not getting a safety in the first three rounds. To me that's about as sure of a bet as there can with the Ravens this year. They absolutely need somebody that is good enough to play right away and be at least a decent compliment to Elam. In this case I would replace Shazier with a safety since I don't see inside linebacker being addressed anywhere near that high. He would be a good value there and I do like him as a prospect but it's pretty much the same thing as Baltimore going after Mosley in the first round. It's just not a need regardless of value.

Taking two running backs is a little sketchy. McKinnon is definitely a running back in the NFL, and any possible value as a potential cornerback isn't too relevant with him that high. Just too much of a developmental prospect. I'd be pretty happy with Seastrunk at that point in the draft. Purifoy reminds me a lot of Fabian Washington and that's not a great thing but at that point he'd be okay if the off-field stuff checks out. That kind of seems like a huge if though.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrifying (in a good way). No Terrance West is the only issue I would have with this.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. But I think there's a better chance of Barr and Shazier both being off the board by 17 than available at those spots.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love the Barr pick but I think Mack/Clowney go top 4 and so he'd be the next guy I could see being taken and not sure he slips there.

Tuitt is a realistic option there and I'd be a fan.

I think you have Shazier going about 35 picks too late.

Moncrief would be a solid pick there.

I think you have ASJ going about 45 picks late.

I'd like the Seatrunk pick -- reminds me a bit of Jamaal Charles which I think would be a good complement moving forward for Pierce.

I think Purifoy goes earlier than that too.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I'd love the Barr pick but I think Mack/Clowney go top 4 and so he'd be the next guy I could see being taken and not sure he slips there.

I think you have ASJ going about 45 picks late.

I think Purifoy goes earlier than that too.

Think ASJ falls because of the DUI's and Purifoy because of the bath salts, snitching, and slow 40.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can buy Purifoy falling that far. His off-field issues seem serious and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wasn't even on Baltimore's board. Sefarian-Jenkins is probably alright though. He had one DUI incident last year and I think that's it for anything like that. Here's a link that describes it:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-red-flag-report-Austin-SeferianJenkins.html

Right now I think it's more unlikely than not he's available at 94. The way I see this tight end class there's the top grouping of Ebron, Amaro, Sefarian-Jenkins, and Niklas, then Fiedorwicz is kind of on his own in not being as good as those mentioned above but better than everybody else, and after them it's just whoever your personal preference is. Teams will strike early to get their guy.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand... every mock draft and heck even the real draft.. has prospects fall for xyz reasoning. But Anthony Barr is for sure a top 20 prospect, him falling to pick #30... even with some teams hating him... no way I believe every NFL team (besides two) hate the guy enough to not want him with their first rounder.

That said, Anthony Barr is the one pass rusher in this draft that I would for sure take if he were available at pick #17... I know we have needs and trading down would best fill those needs... but Barr is going to be a special pass rusher at the next level. Heck special player. His explosive burst off the LOS is just insane. I don't care what anyone says, watching his tape and then watching Clowney or Mack's tape... I see a noticeable difference in burst in favor of Barr. The 40 time and the 10 yd splits be damned. It may not be a quantifiable measurement that backs that extra burst up... but it's there. He lacks the moves and development of Mack, but with Monachino coaching him up... this guy would develop into a HOF talent.

Moving on...

I like the Stephon Tuitt pick mucho.

I very much doubt Shazier falls that far. You don't run a 4.3 forty and not have some team pull an Al Davis (at the very least). Consider his talent and there's no way I see him making it past pick #50.

Moncrief is cool at that spot. Though recent stock watch has him going higher. That said with the plentiful amount of receivers in this class, I'm sure many teams will vary in opinion about which receivers rank where exactly and that makes the range a receiver in that late 1st to late 3rd round quite wide. Any receiver could probably go anywhere in that cluster and it not particularly surprise me. It's more of a who's your favorite game.

I think it's possible ASJ makes it to the early 3rd, but again, late 3rd doesn't seem likely. It's possible but it's quite wishful to assume he'll be there.

Haven't watched Turner tbqh.

I'm definitely a fan of McKinnon at RB. Very explosive burst. He reminds me of Jamal Charles.

No need to double dip into the RB spot back to back. I think if we get a 2nd back it's more likely to be an UDFA option. There's no need to divert plentiful draft resources drafting a RB in the 4th round when we already have multiple capable backs already on the roster with Rice, Pierce, and Forsett.

Purifoy is interesting. He definitely fits the profile of a physical, tough, defensive guy that we tend to like. However he has a history and his athleticism in shorts could explain why he's often getting beat deep in college for a guy who looks rather fast on film.

I love Zimmerman. I think he's a starting safety in the NFL and probably the most underrated player I've scouted in the draft process. No way I can understand how he a) didn't get a combine invite and b) he's not rated better than so many of the safeties that most analysts have in front of him. Just makes no sense to me.

All in all, I think this mock is too unrealistic. Which actually hurts it. I feel like if you're going to go the unrealistic route then I want to see Terrance West in the 5th round, Jordan Matthews with our 3rd rounder, Tuitt with our late 2nd, and Ward with our first 2nd rounder. Go big or go home.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Anthony Barr, and think he'd be a great fit for the Ravens. He also seems like a thoroughly decent guy who will make the most of whatever opportunities he gets.

But I see other teams wanting to snap him up once Clowney and Mack are off the board. And if he is there at #17, or wherever the Ravens pick, I just think that there will be other players they rate higher.

Having him as Suggs' successor would be an enticing prospect, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: