Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

david boston an eagle????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: david boston an eagle???????????? Reply with quote

cant see this happenin as it would be signing 1 problum for another in mitchell.

think he could bring some power to complememt the speed of pinkston and lewis. boston can play n might just need a some tough love from a coach like andy reid to blossom.

also would love troy brown to sign, be a role model to the young recievers like brown lewis mcmullen jenkins. set them a good example off the field unlike T.O.. plus adds an extra leader in the locker room.

what you guys think?
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston signed with the 9ers. I think?

Thanks EAtotheGLE
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone else said that but hes not on their roster on sf49ers.com and nfl.com still has him listed as a dolphin.
UtBDan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
Boston signed with the 9ers. I think?

no, the coach just said he'd be a great sign for what little he'd cost. He's a free agent.
Vikings fan.
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i can see the eagles signing boston.he will go over the middle.is a wide body. never know what will happen with to.also boston will be playing for a contract
phila

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure how good Boston is anymore. He did have a 1.5k yard recieving that year with Plummer as his QB in Arizone but hes been on the decline ever since. He's yet to have another 1000 season. I forgot which team he was in...prior to the Dolphins but he got like around 6-700 yard? It was only because he had like 2 200yard games which saved him from looking as a total disappointment. And David Boston has been exposed for using steroids before as well. When you look at him it looks like hes more of a body builder rather than a football player, the guy only has 5% body fat.

In adition to this, his bad attitude has been widely known. This isnt like TO stirring up drama but rather actual problems with his coaches. This is why the chargers got rid of him that one year, and the dolpins never bothered to resign him. If he were to get back in previous shape and change his attitude, i think the eagles would accept him but as of now thats unlieky. Chances are that if he were to even join the eagles, he'll just [inappropriate/removed] of Brad Childress, Reid, McNabb and even maybe TO. Imagine Boston and TO going at it. well..i guess it would be pretty entertaining but it would be bad for the team in the short and long run anyways just my thoughts Razz
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this will be the year where boston is going to break out of his slump. He is a great football player who has had some major problems over the years, however, i think he knows what hes got to do, and thats shut up and play football. He will have a break out year this year, but i dont think it will be with the eagles.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
I think this will be the year where boston is going to break out of his slump. He is a great football player who has had some major problems over the years, however, i think he knows what hes got to do, and thats shut up and play football. He will have a break out year this year, but i dont think it will be with the eagles.

I honestly can not see Boston and TO co -existing, this could be more problems with your team chemistry. IMO
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston is too injury prone that's why no one wants him. Unfortunately he got too jacked (using steriods) that his joints just give out. I would mind getting Rod Gardner. They said if the Skins can't trade him, he'll probably get cut. This would be perfect deep threat and probably put pinky on the bench- and giving the eagles a much bigger and better #2 for when TO comes back (which I feel he will).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: