Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Here is what needs to happen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRUTH

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Here is what needs to happen! Reply with quote

Sign David Boston,
Trade Simon to bengals for 1st or 2nd round pick
Trade TO for Jerry Porter
Cut Simoneau
Get Peter Boulware
Cut Pinkston
Get a 3rd down pass rusher
Cut Buckhalter
Get a big bruiser to pound it up the middle

Last edited by TRUTH on Tue May 17, 2005 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is what needs to happen! Reply with quote

TRUTH wrote:
Sign David Boston,
Trade Simon to bengals for 1st or 2nd round pick
Trade TO for Joey Porter
Cut Simoneau
Get Peter Boulware
Cut Pinkston
Get a 3rd down pass rusher
Cut Buckhalter
Get a big bruiser to pound it up the middle

Trade TO for Joey Porter -- hell no

Get Peter Boulware -- there are gonna be a lot of other teams that def want him more

most of the other ones i agree with or at least don't have any complaints about (with the possible exception of cutting pinky), especially the one about getting an inside back, i think we definitely need an inside runner to complement westbrook... i was actually kind of pulling for us to get eric shelton with our 1st second rounder
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wuld Porter be such a bad pick up? He's comes from the same general mold as TO just not as polished (yet) and less experienced [plus alot less lip]? How would Boston be any better (have you seen his last two years?) Of course truth, I have no idea how Boston and Porter would coexist though..

What's the benefit of trading Simon for nothing in return now...that's means were stuck with 4 DTs (including Grasmains and Hollis Thomas)
--What about Simon and Tapeh for Henry, Tim Anderson and a 5th? at least that free up a part of the RB glut without leaving ahole at DT and gives us a back to complement Westy.

Isn't Kalu a 3rd down pass rusher (and DOuglas to a certain extent too)? or do you think he'll beat McDOugal out for the starting job?

BOulware's out of our price range and the FO loves the youth at LB (Labanjo, RIchmond, and McCOy) but wouldn't be surprised to see Sim beaten for a job -- at best he's got one year left.

What's Pinky's contract sit like - I thought it was suppose to be heavy for this year but that next year was a definite chance of cutting him.
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyTransplant wrote:
Why wuld Porter be such a bad pick up? He's comes from the same general mold as TO just not as polished (yet) and less experienced [plus alot less lip]?

i just really dont see us trading t.o. i mean i guess its a distinct possibility, especially since a lot of philly fans are against him now... i mean i think a lot of us, or at least a lot of the people i've talked too, kind of enjoyed the stuff he did last year that a lot of the media was critical of, and his personality and stuff, and now in light of this and recent comments, we'll be a lot less happy with him even if he does produce, as well as a lot less tolerant of him.

and yeah, i guess porter could be good, and he is a lot younger, but he hasn't proven anything yet. and in giving up terrell owens, we are giving up a superstar. we don't know if porter is going to be anywhere near that good. we could take the risk, but if we know we can go to the super bowl with this team, why risk it?

either way, we'll see...
Philly Irish

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine moss and TO on the same team.

compitition who could the most media attention every week. would that be fun or what???

probably completely ruin oakland but would be cool to watch
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly Irish wrote:
imagine moss and TO on the same team.

compitition who could the most media attention every week. would that be fun or what???

probably completely ruin oakland but would be cool to watch

yeah imagine either of them trying to share the spotlight with anyone, let alone each other

although if the somehow could coexist thats the best wr core of all time right there... who has a second cb who can cover moss or t.o.? or a 1st cb for that matter? especially if lito got all pro... and you can't double both of them, especially with someone decent like curry at the 3rd wr... providing kerry collins didnt have like a seizure every play or something that offense would be INSANE.

but theyre both too egotistical to let that happen, so we dont have to worry.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh guys
Joey Porter lb Steelers
Jerry Porter wr Raiders
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
aceyalone

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah dont u mean jerry porter WR.. not Joey Porter the LB from pitt.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phila

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can honestly say absolutely none of what you listed above will happen
liquid

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything that you said so much that you should be the G.M. of the Eagles and let's get rid of Reid, Heckert and Banner b/c they obviously know nothing about putting a good team on the field.

If you send me your resume I'll get it to lurie.
liquid

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and P.S.

I'm sure that you have accounted all that dead cap money into the equation by releasing all of those aformentioned players. Also the fact that we could make the simon trade, the porter trade and that the other guys would sign.

If you are so smart why aren't you a GM of a team? Is that b/c you really aren't as smart as you think you are. I mean the Eagles have only gotten to the championship game 4 years in a row. They must be morons and have no clue.
TheFreak93

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to's not goin ne where so drop it, u can say what u want but hes stayin in philly no matter how good the trades sound

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freak -- I agree that the possibility is small but there's always that chance, if AR was offered the right deal then he would have to consider it. Capwise while the team would take a hit they could withstand it. BUt liquids right, cutting everyone in the origianl post would give us absolutely no flexibility (if we could even fit under the cap). And because of the similarity of Porter and TO's contract situations in terms of signing bonus etc - both teams would be affected about the same. I hope that he back and functioning with the Eagles next year. I have the gut feeling he'll try to hold out for a little while than realize that he won't win and then accept "a draw" like Duce did. If he was traded, I'd rather not see him next year on a borderline contender or better (wouldn't it be great to punish him by sending him back to SF?) but we look at possible scenarios no matter how small, just for a discussion.....

And guys who say that we shuldn't even be talking about this stuff because we're not qualified -- we, for the most part, trust in AR and Heckert and Banner but that doesn't mean we shouldn't share our opinions/hopes --> even if it's just so our fellow fans can explain to us why it wouldn't realistically work. You know that AR would never give any info so we wallow in our perplexed anxiety together over this forum rather a with guys at a bar........at least for now.

Back to the original purpose of this thread...what the team should do -- provided that no major injuries occur (yeah, that's going to happen) and TO is not on the field for the Eagles.......which LBs do the Eagles keep? which DTs end up on the opening day roster? On defense/ST that's where battling will occur for roster spots
liquid

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only going to rip someone's qualifications when they state something so proposterouos that it's implausible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: