You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Devery Henderson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D24pick wrote:
sammymvpknight wrote:
PearlRiverSaint wrote:
Concentration? He concentrates in one game and not another? Then he's not consistant with his concentration.

good point. it has less to do with his concentration and consistancy...and more to do with his role on the team. When he was the #3 and #4 WR on our team, he did great. When he was our #1 or #2 he didn't do well at all. He is much better with nickle CB, LBs, and Safeties covering him than starting CBs.

So Deangelo Hall, Charles Tillman, Terrance Newman, and Charles Woodson are all nickles and dimes CB's? Could've swarn they were all starters, could've swarn when Dev scored on them or made a big play on them that he was being played by these guys at #2 spot. I just don't get it. How do you say a guy is inconsistent if he doesn't start every game and play every game and has bigger and greater #'s than the guy yall say is consistent in Copper. Played more games than the guy and still has less production no matter at what slot. Copper has played the same way Dev played last year with Brooks but you don't call him inconsistent, I don't get it

it's all about samples size my friend. sure...devery has made some good plays against good CBs. But Devery isn't the guy who will do that consistantly. Devery is a 3-4 catch a game type of guy...who usually gets one big play a game. That is GREAT for a slot receiver...but for a starter I think that we need a guy who can come acrossed the middle and make a big catch on a consistant basis. Devery is great on GO-routes...but really...what has he done in the short passing game? answer- NOTHING. maybe it is a part of a game that he will improve on...but up to this point he hasn't shown it. Sure, Devery has made big plays on some good CBs (even though Hall is the only guy that you mentioned that I can remember him roasting)...but lets not say that just because he made 4 good catches against good CBs all season long that he can do it on a consistant basis. I love Devery...but I love him alot more as a #3 than a #2.
PhiLSU22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that when Joe is done, whether it be via trade or retirement, Devery should be able to step up and fill in at #2. Yes, I agree he's at his best running go routes from the slot, but with Colston on the other side commanding respect and anther year to get things together, Devery could pull it off.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: