Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First But Definitely not Last 2014 Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: First But Definitely not Last 2014 Mock Reply with quote

Ok so first and foremost sorry in advance for lack of pictures. I am doing this on my iPhone as I get ready for work so work with me here people. Second; this is what I could see happening. It's a little different than most but in all honesty you can never know for sure what's gonna happen. So without further interruption here it is

Round 1 pick 2- Greg Robinson, tackle, Auburn. This will be debated for the next week and 2 days but I just see such upside with him. He can step in as a guard day 1 and get ready to man the left side when Jake leaves or gets hurt or next year bump to RT when and if Barksdale walks. I see a very Larry Allen esque play type in him just more athletic.

TRADE!!

Philadelphia trades # 22, #52, #122 and a 2015 first to select Johnny Manziel. Chip Kelly is in love with him and I don't believe it's a smoke screen. We walk away with a kings ransome

Round 1 pick 22- Marquise Lee, WR USC. I think lee will step in and have an immediate contribution. Two years ago he was talked about as a potential top 7 pick but he fell off a little but in my eyes he can still be a legit number 1 and is given very good value at 22

Round 2 pick 44- Jimmie Ward FS NIU. I'm seining on here people either love or hate him. I'm the former. I could see this kid being a perennial pro bowl type player. I do see some Earl Thomas in him and think he along with TJ would form a great back end to the secondary.

Round 2 pick 54- Ryan Shazier OLB THE Ohio State. People have Khalil Mack as a possibility for us at 2 but I just can't see it. I see Shazier coming in next to JL55 and locking the SAM spot down. Starting to piece together a very scary looking defense.

Round 3 pick 75- Anthony Jonson DT LSU. I think Langford is on his way out along with his large cap number. At 6'3" 308 lbs pairing him with former LSU teammate Michael Brockers in the middle will just kill opposing interior lines.

Round 4 pick 110- Cyril Richardson OG Baylor. I know. Basically the second guard picked already but I think he would be the BPA and could really learn behind Saffold and if Greg Robinson ends up moving to a tackle spot at any time thoughout the year he would have it covered.

Round 4 pick 122- Jared Abbrederis WR Wisconsin. I can honestly say I feel like he has been playing college football for 9 years but he's finally turning pro. I think with him he will come in and hit the books before anything else. Abbrederis is not gonna blow anyone out of the water with measurables and won't run by everyone in the secondary but from what I've heard his work ethic is amazing and is a real perfectionist. I will take that combination anyday.

Round 5 pick 153- Tom Savage QB Pitt. Here is kind of a shock because people are saying he could go in the mid second. Not so fast. I don't see him being anywhere close to the 3rd let alone the 2nd. He can come in and learn from Sam to be a very good back up. This regime is behind Sam 1,000% and won't be looking for his replacement. IMO.

Round 6 pick 188 Terrance West RB Towson. Running back is probably the only position you can get quality talent in the final day of the draft and I think that's what we can do here. I believe Terrance will come in right behind Zac Stacy and be his back up for the next few years. I think Benny will take over the 3rd spot and D-Rich will be shown the door. I could be wrong I could be right but that's just how I see it playing out.

Round 6 pick 214- Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech. We have tru and Jenkins as the 1 and 2 CB's but we need that slot corner and I think Exum will come in and be exactly that. At 5'11 213 lbs he's a big corner and could project as a safety but he can run. Flat out. And I think with some of the receivers we face in the NFCW we could bump jenk inside and put Exum outside.

Round 7 pick 226- Devon Kennard OLB USC. I like the production the kid had playing at the only pro football team in LA

Round 7 pick 241- Tre Boston FS UNC- I think he will step in and contribute heavily on special teams and push for a roster spot. I do like a lot of what I've seen on his tape and think his game projects well to the nfl.

Round 7 pick 249- Donald Hawkins Tackle Texas. Hey you can never have too many offensive linemen right? I'm a die hard Texas fan and had to incorporate a longhorn in here somewhere. But in all honesty he is a pretty athletic line mean for his size. I would like to see what he can do with some good coaching

Round 7 pick 250- Jeremy Gallon WR Michigan. He is almost like a Tavon type of player at 5'8 175 lbs. same thing as Tavon dude can fly. Thinking maybe putting him back getting punts would take Tavon out of harms way and still having a real playmaker back there would help us not lose talent there.

Ok guys what do you think? Obviously this is my first mock of the year and trying to break the same mock over and over again and see some other possibilities of what may or may not happen in 9 days.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wont happen, but itd be cool with me.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Which part don't you think will happen? The trade or players?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

The trade. The eagles might trade up but it wont be for JM

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
SJax39

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely don't see that trade happening. Also doubt that Shazier and Savage would make it to those picks.

I'm not as big of a Lee fan as a lot of people, but I wouldn't hate it.

[b]CLOWNEY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST #2
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Idk man I can absolutely see it. Chip has been public got the lads year plus on his feelings for Johnny football. He would fit that offense to a T and I think Philly is a big enough market that his persona would work well there too. Idk i do think it's a long shot but her with this draft you can't be sure about anything.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Idk man I can absolutely see it. Chip has been public got the lads year plus on his feelings for Johnny football. He would fit that offense to a T and I think Philly is a big enough market that his persona would work well there too. Idk i do think it's a long shot but her with this draft you can't be sure about anything.

There's no way we'd get that much in that trade even if it were to happen (it won't).

^El Ramster^
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 wide out is too many. Who would and would not make the team in your scenario?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell would the Eagles trade up for Manziel when Nick Foles just had a fantastic season in his first year as a starter? Makes zero sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Why the hell would the Eagles trade up for Manziel when Nick Foles just had a fantastic season in his first year as a starter? Makes zero sense.

My thoughts exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

That also caught me. Foles was, arguably, one of the best QB's in the league last year and set a record for efficiency. No possible chance they take Manziel, zero.

Also, a few of those guys your being very generous in the round spot we are taking them (Shazier, Abbrederis, Savage, West, Exum). I guess if it happened, I wouldn't be terribly upset, but is a very unlikely scenario.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: