Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Non-QB Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdowner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo, I'm glad you're coming around on Pryor. I think he's a legitimate option at #20. Sort of surprised he hasn't been penciled in as our pick us with S being our top need.

Plucky, I agree he doesn't play that fast on tape but he has decent long speed. He just has a slow get off. He's probably put in a lot of work on getting a quick time. But I absolutely think he's the best receiving option at TE even better than Ebron. He's also a former basketball player so he's obviously a good athlete. Also a great blocker.

He's got off the field concerns but when I've watched interviews of his he sounds like a pretty smart guy. Maybe his off the field stuff will cause him to drop to our 2nd pick.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Apollo, I'm glad you're coming around on Pryor. I think he's a legitimate option at #20. Sort of surprised he hasn't been penciled in as our pick us with S being our top need.

Plucky, I agree he doesn't play that fast on tape but he has decent long speed. He just has a slow get off. He's probably put in a lot of work on getting a quick time. But I absolutely think he's the best receiving option at TE even better than Ebron. He's also a former basketball player so he's obviously a good athlete. Also a great blocker.

He's got off the field concerns but when I've watched interviews of his he sounds like a pretty smart guy. Maybe his off the field stuff will cause him to drop to our 2nd pick.

I just love how aggressive Pryor is on run defense. He takes on blockers, fills the gaps, hits like a hammer, and does everything you need a SS to while defending the run.

In pass coverage, he needs some work but the athletic ability is clearly there and there's very little hesitation when breaking on the ball. He had average interception production in college, 7 in 3 years, but when you combine that with 9 forced fumbles, he's clearly a playmaker. Needs to work on wrapping up as well. Probably leads with his shoulder on 75% of his tackles but that's not what you do in the open field when you're the last line of defense. I think all his problems are fixable with experience and coaching. That's what I'm banking on here. I think his ceiling is TJ Ward and his floor is Brandon Merriweather.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sticks his nose in every play. He's a human missile and jumps out when you watch him. He will occasionally miss a tackle going for a big hit or take a poor angle. But I think he's already working on improving that and NFL teams have asked him to tone it down. He needs to understand as the last line of defense he can't miss tackles. But the dude can hit.

He's got the athleticism to be more rangy as a center fielder. I think he needs work putting himself in the right position to make plays on the ball in zone coverage. He sometimes just gets there too late because he didn't react quickly enough. But he's got the fluid hips and agility to stick with receivers in man coverage.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage I'm 90% sure our pick is going to be a front 7 player unless the team LOVES a guy like Jace Amaro as a seam stretcher at TE.

Ebron won't be there. I don't see us investing early in the secondary, and we have both immediate and future needs in the front seven at end, pass rusher and possibly inside linebacker.

Looking at the guys that would be around at that spot I am looking at Hageman, Shazier, Mosley as being the top 3 likely selections right now. I think we end up waiting on a pass rusher because this class is pretty deep.

I think our staff is going to really like Shazier based on the versatility and athleticism. I don't agree, but what can you do.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
He sticks his nose in every play. He's a human missile and jumps out when you watch him. He will occasionally miss a tackle going for a big hit or take a poor angle. But I think he's already working on improving that and NFL teams have asked him to tone it down. He needs to understand as the last line of defense he can't miss tackles. But the dude can hit.

He's got the athleticism to be more rangy as a center fielder. I think he needs work putting himself in the right position to make plays on the ball in zone coverage. He sometimes just gets there too late because he didn't react quickly enough. But he's got the fluid hips and agility to stick with receivers in man coverage.

He's definitely got some amazing tape: Connecticut, Rutgers

And some awful tape: Cincinnati
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
mtdowner wrote:
Cedric Ogbuehi is returning for his senior season Sad

That's fine, didn't like him anyways. However, I did stumble upon Deone Bucannon and he is a stud. I would take him in the second round.

lol this in January so much for 2nd round
Plucky

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
Personally I think this is the year we grab a vet on a 1 year deal and say prove it. Tons of talented free agent wr's this year, I'm for even bringing back Q. I think we need 2 types of wideouts a possession, work over the middle (i.e Q), and a speedster to stretch the field (i.e tedd ginn). These are not the wr's I would have in mind but I think they could be had. TBH I haven't really scouted the WR class, but I have heard tons of depth even beyond the 3 or 4th rounds. But honestly with larry, floyd, ellington, hell if we draft a TE, not much room going around to pass the ball. I think we are better off getting vet on a cheap deal or draft one really low for a specific role.

lol though this one was funny too. Hi teddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: