Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
there are over a hundred other QBs who ended up not making it with the same measurables.
Like who? Who are the pocket passers who didn't bulk up to the size necessary to play at the NFL level?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
Vino wrote:
RandomCampBody wrote:
Vino wrote:
You may look at it that way, but you know that teams don't. It's easy to go to Brady, but he's also the only example. For that one Brady, there are over a hundred other QBs who ended up not making it with the same measurables. Brady is one of a kind. Basically hoping for a miracle isn't going to move these front offices.

There are others like Rodgers, Brees, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Eli Manning and some other those were 5th year seniors so 23 at the draft.

Bridgewater is 21, he is naturally going to get bigger.
Huh? Alex Smith, Eli, and Ryan all had stronger arms than Bridgewater coming out...and were bigger too. Plus none of them play in the NFC North in the first place making it a moot point. And Brees went in the second round so that's just more indication that teams will pass on QBs they don't thin fit the physical mold of what they need.

And i am saying teams are wrong for dropping QB's because of size not where they end up in the draft.
Then we're not really disagreeing about anything, I'm just explaining why they think that way.

iPwn wrote:
Vino wrote:
there are over a hundred other QBs who ended up not making it with the same measurables.
Like who? Who are the pocket passers who didn't bulk up to the size necessary to play at the NFL level?
?? I wasn't talking about guys not bulking up, I'm talking about guys with that background who actually end up being Tom Bradys. Tom Brady is the only one. Like I said, using Brady as justification isn't going to fly in a GM office, it's the same as asking for a miracle to happen.

When you take a QB with the 8th pick you're expecting them to start immediately. There aren't a lot of people in the league who think Teddy would be able to start immediately apparently, especially in Minnesota. And I don't necessarily disagree. In an outdoor stadium in those conditions he'd probably under and overthrow receivers a lot on deeper routes and those throws he was making in college will be interceptions in the NFL. We're not talking about him sitting and developing the arm strength and mechanics, we're talking about him starting immediately.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
?? I wasn't talking about guys not bulking up, I'm talking about guys with that background who actually end up being Tom Bradys. Tom Brady is the only one. Like I said, using Brady as justification isn't going to fly in a GM office, it's the same as asking for a miracle to happen.

When you take a QB with the 8th pick you're expecting them to start immediately. There aren't a lot of people in the league who think Teddy would be able to start immediately apparently, especially in Minnesota. And I don't necessarily disagree. In an outdoor stadium in those conditions he'd probably under and overthrow receivers a lot on deeper routes and those throws he was making in college will be interceptions in the NFL. We're not talking about him sitting and developing the arm strength and mechanics, we're talking about him starting immediately.
So then who are all these players that failed for these reasons?

And again, even if he's going to have an issue,it's going to be for one month of his rookie year, effectively 2 home games. Anyone who would not draft a player because of that isn't thinking intelligently.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After his shoulder surgery, Chad Pennington only threw 49mph, and before the surgery, he was at 55mph. He played most of his career in a a windy stadium and is the most accurate QB in NFL history.

Teddy throws at 57mph, which is very good. The threshold for success at the NFL level has been 55mph.

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Teddy is going to be there at 40, seems teams think late second is the earliest he goes.
IAJags

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
Sounds like Teddy is going to be there at 40, seems teams think late second is the earliest he goes.

We pick at 39.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:

I just have this weird feeling that he gets drafted by Cleveland(either 4 or 26) or Minnesota and then we all look like fools thinking he'd drop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
Hello, what are the Jaguars needs in the 1st round?
Example The 49ers #30 overall needs is WR/CB. will be shocked if it isnt.

any details would help like raning of needs. trying to make myself a draft guide

All the positions. Though a lot of them probably not premium enough to justify a top-3 selection in the 1st round.

Really, QB is an obvious priority. Henne isn't the answer. A young pass rusher to play LEO would also be a great thing to add. Those are probably the two most "premium" positions that would encourage a 1st round pick.

But we could also use a great WR with Blackmon's future being uncertain at best, and Shorts III having some durability issues. Watkins is potentially the calibre of prospect that would make sense there.

Really the only positions we don't need to upgrade or add at probably P/K, SS, LT, LG, maybe MLB for the time being. The staff have done a good job of adding temporary stopgaps at a lot of positions to help ease the pressure to draft at a particular spot this year...but as long as the guy is a good scheme fit, it's hard to find many picks who wouldn't be at least some level of "need".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yall for the info
dswinton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be really upset if we draft Jake Matthews at 3.

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:

Because you'd miss the revolving door at right tackle?

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

Did Austin Pasztor get let go or something that I don't know about?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming up to the idea of drafting Manziel. Not necessarily at 3, but somewhere. I could see him as a fit with the scrappy, fun team Gus seems to be leading. I also think he'd really get the best out of Marcedes' huge above-the-waist catch radius in a similar fashion that David did. I could see he and Marcedes really attacking the seams.

If, in whatever scenario, we draft him - I think he'd need another large catch radius guy to go with his style.

- Gus Bradley
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

Nope. He's just not as good at football as your imagination shows him to be. Better than Whimper does not equate to starting-caliber.

- Gus Bradley
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
dswinton wrote:

Nope. He's just not as good at football as your imagination shows him to be. Better than Whimper does not equate to starting-caliber.

Laughing

Get over yourself.

I think your the one mistaken. Last year was his first year at RT and he played very solid, he's also 23 years old, and can most definitely continue to get better. Just because he isn't a top 10 RT doesn't mean he needs to
be replaced. You're not going to have a stud at every single position.

Show me this terrible tape of the guy, i'd love to see it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 78 of 100

Jump to: