Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Prospect Thread (IT WAS ME, SABO - IT WAS ME ALL ALONG)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Random thought: Winston's throwing motion is going to get destroyed during the draft process next year.

Yep. Along with his footwork, character, busted finger, and anything and everything else about him that anyone can come up with. Laughing
There's already comparisons to Leftwich out there. It's going to get ugly. After all the nitpicking late in the process on Teddy, it seems like next year's crop is going to be torn apart from the start of the scouting process through the draft, just so no one is behind on the tear down.

As a disclaimer...I still like Bridgewater better than Winston at this point (obviously Jameis has another year or two to refine some things), but i haven't seen this "Next Andrew Luck" that i've seen Jameis touted as.

That said...Comparing prospects to Leftwich is just mean and uncalled for. Shocked

There is something oddly similar in his footwork, the way he moves, and his throwing motion though, through his whole body though. It's not nearly so elongated, and really not the same at all, but he has some weird (i suspect baseball related) idiosyncrasies in there which you're right...are going to get shredded by "The Process" if he doesn't clean them up significantly this year.

I think the biggest Leftwich-related thing that bothers me about Winston is the way he tends to bring his knees together as he throws a decent amount of the time. It's as though he's not opening his hips to the throw.

For such an "athletic guy", he at times looks spectacularly unathletic and almost downright uncoordinated, which is really strange.

The one potential saving grace for him in the "draft process", is that the media isn't necessarily going to bail on him because he's an "Exciting" prospect, he's easy to hype, and he has the sort of "Personality" that ESPN is going to love to trot out there on TV as much as possible. In a lot of actual draft rooms though, there are going to be questions i think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people not realize that Winston has reportedly told many people he is not going to declare after next year? He loves FSU and Baseball.
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Random thought: Winston's throwing motion is going to get destroyed during the draft process next year.
I have seen it being trashed already.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Do people not realize that Winston has reportedly told many people he is not going to declare after next year? He loves FSU and Baseball.

That is a year away, way too much time to believe something like that.

#CYPSQUAD
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Yep. Along with his footwork, character, busted finger, and anything and everything else about him that anyone can come up with. Laughing
There's already comparisons to Leftwich out there. It's going to get ugly. After all the nitpicking late in the process on Teddy, it seems like next year's crop is going to be torn apart from the start of the scouting process through the draft, just so no one is behind on the tear down.

I mean he's less developed than what Manziel was his FROSH year...throwing motion is long - but I am more concerned with his pocket presence and ability to read the field....

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
IAJags wrote:

That is a year away, way too much time to believe something like that.

Yea, I bet if someone from a team told him he was a lock for a Top-5 pick or something, he would bolt. Not saying that about his character but plenty of people will leave at the chance for 20 million

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still gonna keep pimping Keith Reaser as a late round pick for us...hes not the tallest guy (about 6 foot even) but he is one of the strongest prospects at DB and would be a riser in the draft process if it wasnt for a set back in his recovery from a Torn ACL injury that sidelined him for the 2nd half of the 2013 season.

Highlights

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:
Still gonna keep pimping Keith Reaser as a late round pick for us...hes not the tallest guy (about 6 foot even) but he is one of the strongest prospects at DB and would be a riser in the draft process if it wasnt for a set back in his recovery from a Torn ACL injury that sidelined him for the 2nd half of the 2013 season.

Highlights

5'11 is hardly a major hindrance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Highlights

When our defense relies on big physical guys with long arms, it can be.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
JagsFanInNY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Highlights

yeah, his nfl.com combine profile has him at 5'10 and 30 3/4 arms. Not really a fit based on that combination. Even Gratz, who prior to his being drafted I only knew he was sub 6', has 32 1/8 arms.
MJD4MVP5455

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Highlights

yeah, his nfl.com combine profile has him at 5'10 and 30 3/4 arms. Not really a fit based on that combination. Even Gratz, who prior to his being drafted I only knew he was sub 6', has 32 1/8 arms.

I think he can come in and be a future nickle back in this defense...even though he has smaller arms than our current group he still led all DBs in the bench press and also has 4.3 speed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD4MVP5455 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
MJD4MVP5455 wrote:

Highlights

I think he can come in and be a future nickle back in this defense...even though he has smaller arms than our current group he still led all DBs in the bench press and also has 4.3 speed

Based on that highlight pack, he certainly looks willing to make a hit. So that's nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a guy responded to my criticism of him having Savage at #39 to the Jags that Teddy at 3 would be a worse pick than Savage at #39 and that Teddy gets too much love on this site and Savage too little. How do you even answer such a ridiculous remark?! I mean I could kind of get it if someone said a QB like Garoppolo at #39 is better value than Teddy at #3 even if I disagree. But Savage?! WHAT!?
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
So a guy responded to my criticism of him having Savage at #39 to the Jags that Teddy at 3 would be a worse pick than Savage at #39 and that Teddy gets too much love on this site and Savage too little. How do you even answer such a ridiculous remark?! I mean I could kind of get it if someone said a QB like Garoppolo at #39 is better value than Teddy at #3 even if I disagree. But Savage?! WHAT!?

I dont understand where all the savage hype is coming from

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:

I dont understand where all the savage hype is coming from
Height, weight, arm strength. Savage is ideal, Bridgewater isn't. That's all it is.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: