Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would the Jags make the playoffs if....

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Would the Jags make the playoffs if.... Reply with quote

...we take Watkins at 3, Teddy falls to mid-late first and we trade up for him, manage to get Swanson or Richburg, hit on a tailback and right guard late in the draft, and Blackmon comes back next year?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 46861
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all those players are successful as rookies? Maybe.

But still probably not likely. Year two though...
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84229
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean yea, if all of those things happen we have a shot, but the odds of all of that happening is probably less than our chance at making the playoffs as we stand Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be so specific.

If Dave finds his quarterback, it'll give the team a chance, should young peices develop.

Teams make leaps year in and year out and no team is too far away to do so - quarterback being the hurdle.

Saying we're two years away is no more realistic than guaranteeing a playoff birth. Pieces, the biggest being the quarterback, have to come together. There's no blueprint via mock draft.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I mean yea, if all of those things happen we have a shot, but the odds of all of that happening is probably less than our chance at making the playoffs as we stand Laughing
I think 4 out of the 5 have a realistic chance of happening. I'd say the only thing that's unlikely in that scenario is getting one of the centers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84229
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I mean yea, if all of those things happen we have a shot, but the odds of all of that happening is probably less than our chance at making the playoffs as we stand Laughing
I think 4 out of the 5 have a realistic chance of happening. I'd say the only thing that's unlikely in that scenario is getting one of the centers.


banking on hitting on a tailback and a guard in round 4-7 is also still statistically unlikely
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bruce Wayne


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teddy is not gonna survive watt+clowney
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vino


Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Posts: 1838
Location: Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I mean yea, if all of those things happen we have a shot, but the odds of all of that happening is probably less than our chance at making the playoffs as we stand Laughing
I think 4 out of the 5 have a realistic chance of happening. I'd say the only thing that's unlikely in that scenario is getting one of the centers.


banking on hitting on a tailback and a guard in round 4-7 is also still statistically unlikely
Maybe in normal drafts, but this one is very deep at both positions.

Bruce Wayne wrote:
teddy is not gonna survive watt+clowney
Carr is the same size as Bridgewater. Brick wall
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jags


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 2619
Location: Florida (Thanks to Kempes on the sig)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all those factors being played in, I still do not believe that the Jaguars would make it to the playoffs this year. Those young guys would have to develop and the Jaguars D would still have to mold an additional year.
_________________


DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84229
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Wayne wrote:
teddy is not gonna survive watt+clowney


What QBs can? Please enlighten us, because it sure as hell isnt that guy in your sig
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2831
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all starts and ends with the QB for me. This roster IMO is better than the roster Luck had his first year, and he made the playoffs. So if Teddy/Johnny/Blake turn out to be a first year hit, then we have a shot. I'm not saying they have to be Luck good, because I think we currently have better pieces to work with, but they're going to have to be better than serviceable.
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84229
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
It all starts and ends with the QB for me. This roster IMO is better than the roster Luck had his first year, and he made the playoffs. So if Teddy/Johnny/Blake turn out to be a first year hit, then we have a shot. I'm not saying they have to be Luck good, because I think we currently have better pieces to work with, but they're going to have to be better than serviceable.


Indy set themselves up well to allow Luck to succeed though. Drafted Castonzo(sp?) and Ijalana before Luck and then in the same draft as getting Luck they got Fleener(who Luck was familiar with), Allen and Hilton.

Their roster was comparable before the draft, but they pretty much ignored the defense in the draft to give Luck every chance to be successful his rookie season. I hope if we take Teddy #3 or in a trade up, we do something very similar
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group