Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeSean Jackson Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vinniepaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hereís how it is for McCoy. He plays running back, a position that continues to have less and less value to NFL teams, with each passing year. Heís due to earn a base salary of $7.65 million in 2014. It spikes to $9.75 million, with a cap number of $11.95 million, in 2015.

For a running back. Where the top of the veteran market generated $3.5 million per year in 2014. Where Chris Johnson struggles to get half of the $8 million he was due to earn in Tennessee this season.

In other words, LeSean could be next yearís DeSean.
vinniepaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/lesean-mccoy-defends-desean-jackson
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Quote:
Ex-Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy claims he never saw anything that resembled the rumors of disputes between DeSean Jackson and coach Chip Kelly.
It's the first teammate that's come to Jackson's defense since his release. McCoy also downplayed the idea that Jackson didn't connect with the team and coaching staff. "Itís a surprise for sure," McCoy said. "When you say he didn't bond with the team, I donít know what that means because I was a teammate and we bonded. Iím sure Howie [Roseman] and the guys, they have something up their sleeve. Itís definitely some big shoes to fill."

Shut your mouth McCoy.

Why? What's the problem with what he said?

I knew that if someone would defend DeSean it would be Shady. LeSean isn't a class act himself and I could definitely see McCoy as wanting more money soon or becoming a bit of a diva. Both have similar personalities although I doubt Shady is as "problematic" as DeSean.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Foles supports Desean being a great teammate, to him...

Quote:
"[DeSean] was a great teammate to me," the Eagles quarterback told Gunn. "We had a great relationship on and off the field. Everybody has other things going on, but to me personally, I really enjoyed playing with him and I'm excited that he landed on his feet. He's a heck of a player."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Nick-Foles-DeSean-Jackson-Eagles-great-teammate.htm
risingtothetop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i hate how the eagles are so silent on why they cut him

we probably won't find out the real reason until 3-4 years down the line

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I like how they haven't, why air out the dirty laundry to the whole world? I know we all want closure on this but its pretty clear desean and Kelly had issues. What good does it do for Kelly to come out and say everything that went down and was said? Players and coaches should never throw each other under the bus to the media , its unprofessional and hurts either side down the road anyhow.(which is one of the reasons why Howie didn't trade him)

Desean knows what he did to mess up, he can act all innocent like he doesn't have a clue, but he knows. Mike even said, "deseans going to have to learn from this" basically told me all I need to know. I do not doubt that jax was a good teammate to be around however I do believe he had major problems with chip and possibly his staff which more than likely lead to his departure.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39

Jump to: