Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ramsfan24 New Look Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Ramsfan24 New Look Mock Draft Reply with quote

I decided to make a mock of what the Rams should do if we traded our premium pick to the Cowboys. I think that even with the drop off in elite talent, the Rams could leave this draft ready to seriously compete for a playoff spot.

2014 NFL Draft

***The Rams trade (14) #2 pick to the Dallas Cowboys for (14) pick #16, (14) pick#47, (15) 1st round draft selection and DB Morris Claiborne.***

Les Snead and the FO have been great at maximizing their draft picks. Les does some excellent selling as he gets a 2nd Rounder out of the original rumored proposal. Now we are sitting with 2 first, 2 seconds, a 1st next year and the rights to Morris Claiborne. Morris will come right in and fill the empty spot that Cortland left in our secondary. Hopefully Greg Williams can turn around this very talented corner into the playmaker that he is supposed to be.

1A.) Aaron Donald-DT, Pittsburgh

The Rams just traded out the top 10 but still landed one of the most explosive and talented prospects in this draft. Donald will give the Rams absolutely one of the best defensive lines in the NFL period.

1B.) Hasean "HA Ha" Clinton-Dix-FS, Alabama

Hasean will complete a very dangerous Greg Williams defense, as he gives us the coverage safety that we have been needing for quite some time. Ha Ha has great range, good hands, great instincts and is a solid tackler. With this addition we should have our defense ranked around the top 5 this year or better.

***The Rams trade picks (14) #44 and #47 to the New England Patriots for pick (14) #28.***

Yes the Rams aren't playing around in this draft, they decided to bundle their 2nd rounders in order to get the player that they had the highest grade on in the draft at their position. They jump in front of the Broncos who is definitely in need of this position.

1C.) Xavier Su'a Filo-OG, UCLA

Yes the Rams jump up and grab arguably the best guard in this years draft. Xavier would compete our offensive line, day one starter with pro bowl ability. Now Sam and Zac can smile knowing that the Rams finally drafted a very talented mauler and protector in the bottom of the first.

3.) Antonio "Tiny" Richardson-OT, Tennessee

Antonio would come in as a security for Jake Long, he will be our swing tackle. Tiny has a lot of talent, big and quick for his size, He will need to get stronger and learn better technics. But we have one of the best oline coach's, Paul should be able to prime him for the future.

4.) E.J Gaines-CB, Missouri

The Rams now don't have to worry about having 2 rookies at the corner position because of the Cowboys trade. Gaines can come in and compete for the 4th corner spot, and be a special team contributer. He has the intangibles to be a really good corner in the future.

5.) David Fales-QB, San Jose State

David will come in and compete for the second position as our bag up quarterback. David has the skill set to make some plays and win some games in relief duty if Bradford goes down.

6A.) Brandon Thomas-OG, Clemson

Yes, this would be a steal if he drops this far down as the experts our predicting. Brandon is a second round talent that just lowered his draft stock with a Acl tear recently. The Rams now can start to stock pile on talented players like Seattle and the 49ers have done in the same division. Thomas wouldn't have to rush back from this injury, and would be our security blanket for Roger if he goes down later in the season.

6B.) Tre Boston-FS, North Carolina

Tre would come in as much needed depth at the free safety position. Boston would give us another thumper on special teams, and another safety to grow in Greg Williams defense. Boston made alot of plays in college, just needs to work on his technical issues.

7A.) Ronald Powell-OLB, Florida

Ronald would come and compete on special teams, and would add great depth to our roster. Powell has 3rd round talent, but falls to the 7th because of the 2 Acls injuries that he had. Powell has the ability to be a starter one day, great addition at this round.

7B.) L'Damian Washington-WR, Missouri

The Rams decide to take a flyer on a talented prospet in Washington. He has the height and speed that you look for in a receiver, he will absolutely need to get stronger.

7C.) LaDarius Perkins-RB, Mississippi State

Another possibility to try and see if he has what it takes to make the team and push the other running backs on the team.

Well let me know what you all think, this is something different, but even with this mock I truly believe that we would have an dynamic team next year.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never be a fan of Clinton-Dix in the first round. Not really a fan of Washington either. Love the Donald and EJ picks Obviously.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I'll never be a fan of Clinton-Dix in the first round. Not really a fan of Washington either. Love the Donald and EJ picks Obviously.

Thanks for the response, what don't you like about Ha Ha going in the 1st?

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it a lot. This might be my favorite draft that doesn't end up with us taking Jake Matthews. Adds some quality to what I think are our two weakest units, OLine and secondary.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Like it a lot. This might be my favorite draft that doesn't end up with us taking Jake Matthews. Adds some quality to what I think are our two weakest units, OLine and secondary.

Thanks alot , I feel if this happened that we would really be a dangerous team, especially playoff bound if the team plays to its potential.

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this draft. How likely is that trade from the Boys? I really like that even though you dropped us out of the top 10 you added a pick for next years 1st round.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
I like this draft. How likely is that trade from the Boys? I really like that even though you dropped us out of the top 10 you added a pick for next years 1st round.

Hey thanks for the response man, I appreciate that. There is a draft rumor going around that Dallas might be interested in jumping up to pick #2 in exchange for their 1st this year and next year, and Morris Claiborne also. So I just did a what if this became true mock. Now knowing how good Les has been with draft compensation, I felt that a 2014 2nd would really make up for the fact that we jumped completely out of the range of the elite talent.

ajhicks11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamsFan24 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:

Hey thanks for the response man, I appreciate that. There is a draft rumor going around that Dallas might be interested in jumping up to pick #2 in exchange for their 1st this year and next year, and Morris Claiborne also. So I just did a what if this became true mock. Now knowing how good Les has been with draft compensation, I felt that a 2014 2nd would really make up for the fact that we jumped completely out of the range of the elite talent.

Not to mention we get Mo.
cover2man_flats

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of being able to pick up Clairborne, but it seems like with all of the depth at the skills position in the draft, you didn't pick up much outside of the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cover2man_flats wrote:
I like the idea of being able to pick up Clairborne, but it seems like with all of the depth at the skills position in the draft, you didn't pick up much outside of the trenches on the offensive side of the ball.

Thanks for the response, now as far as the skill position I did draft a receiver and running back even though it was in the 7th round. I just felt like after we missed out on Watkins and Evans in the 1st, and Benjamin, Matthews and Robinson in the second with the 2nd round trade. I just felt like there wasn't another receiver worth taking that didn't already have the same type of abilities on the current roster. I truly believe that if we did address the draft this way that we would be building a monster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: