Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Fka's mock draft 3 weeks out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: DJ Fka's mock draft 3 weeks out Reply with quote

My thoughts with under 3 weeks to go

First Round
Xavier Su'a Filio OG UCLA
Fills the RG spot for years, nasty player, improves run game and pass game in one pick, keeps Carson or whoever plays QB upright as well, BPA policy

Second Round
Dominque Easley DE Florida
BPA policy takes over, Dockett 2015 version and beyond, injuries have slowed him, otherwise he would be top 10 pick, watch the tape, dominates, steal here

Third Round
Antonio (Tiny) Richardson OT Tennessee
Our RT of the future, played LT for Vols, but I think he would be a better RT in the pros, solid size at 6'6 and 330 and his issues with speed rushers would be covered by the TE help on the strong side.

Fourth Round
Chris Smith OLB Arkansas
Solid but not spectacular player, similar to Okafor and Acho, hoping we hit on him to play opposite Abraham

Fifth Round
Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech
Taking him here as a TE, who can learn to play QB and fix his issues whilst getting playing time or become a star TE, superb athlete

Sixth Round
Adrian Hubbard OLB Alabama
Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane, that sums it up, if he ever sees himself in the mirror and realises how good he can be, watch out, no risk this late.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan at all of using our first round pick on another guard. We drafted two last year in the first four rounds. Unless a guy is extreme value (Which XSF is not at 20) I don't see us looking at guard inside of the top 100 this year.

Easley is a heck of a player, but how much more can his knees take. Two ACL surgeries, one one each knee BEFORE stepping foot into the pros. Medical issue.

If we are going to take a tackle from Tennesse, give me Juwuan James.

I'm a big Smith fan. I don't see how he is similar to Okafor or Acho though. Far more explosive and quick off the snap that either. Acho is a worker, Okafor is a power player. Smith uses quickness of the snap and strong hands to create pressure. I see him as a nickel rusher early and a guy who could take over from Abraham.

If you want Thomas to sit and learn at QB I'm OK with that. If you want Thomas to convert to TE, I don't see it. Not near enough physicality in his game to make the switch IMO.

Hubbard seems like a bit of a jack of all trades guy. Could be a solid pickup late. Worth any risk here.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khodder, I agree on xsf but unless we take hagemonster, who else?

All the good cbs and oline are gone, we are left with wr at 20, unless we move up or down

I am not sold on Ealy being OLB, everyone else is a reach for me

Easley is a risk, but worth it my mind, reward is worth it

I agree on James but I think he goes top 45, so it leaves us short, dreamland if he is there at 52, Tiny is a nice alternative later on though

Thomas can play TE, he was ranked coming of hs as a TE, Gates was a ball player and he converted to TE, he is athletic enough to convert, watch him run with the ball, hard to bring down

Either way, not long to wait now
TheMachONE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The almighty Steve Keim would never draft like this....

[quote="Childish Gambino"]Funny the day you born that's really your death sentence[/quote]
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After every pick I just kinda went, meh. I wouldn't be too mad but I wouldn't be very happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing that's missing is a impact pick, your missing one, there really is no BIG addition to the team, just a few backups and maybe one starter in File...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holeman1 wrote:
the thing that's missing is a impact pick, your missing one, there really is no BIG addition to the team, just a few backups and maybe one starter in File...

XSF would definitely start year 1

Tiny might start at right tackle

And Easly would probably start year 2.

Just saying

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hubbard would man the SOLB role pretty well. He's a beast in the run game. Chris Smith could be a nice edge rusher on the other side.

I don't mind XSF in round 1 at all. Would give us 2 talented interior players.

One concern is not addressing the safety position.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
After every pick I just kinda went, meh. I wouldn't be too mad but I wouldn't be very happy

Underwhelming is what I was aiming for Smile
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

XSF would definitely start year 1

Tiny might start at right tackle

And Easly would probably start year 2.

Just saying

We lack depth on this team

A lot of our starters wouldn't be on better teams and our backups aren't as good, this draft lacks star quality agreed, but I think XSF and Tiny start day 1, Easley is rotational DL and starter in 2015 after DD moves on, Smith competes for starting spot in 2014 and again in 2015 with Abraham gone. Thomas is a risky pick, but could surprise at TE and Hubbard is special teams and backup OLB.

You cannot draft 6 starters in 6 picks, I was hoping to get 2-3 starters and a few solid backups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: