Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Winder23 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Winder23 Mock Draft Reply with quote

I used a few factors with this mock draft. First I am taking Elway at his word when he stated, he wants the Broncos to be more "physical". Next I factored in positions of need. My final criteria was players that fit the Broncos schemes.

TRADE: Broncos trade #31 overall to the Jaguars for #39/#105/#205 overall. Broncos want more picks and Jags want a QB.

2[39] Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss 6'2 221

Moncrief is a great prospect and the Broncos would be lucky to get him at #39. He is fast, physical, and plays hard. Moncrief also does a nice job blocking downfield. With Sanders, Caldwell, and Welker, the Broncos have good quickness, but Moncrief would be a great outside compliment to DT.

2[63] Phillip Gaines CB Rice 6'0 193

Gaines is one of my favorite corners in the draft. He loves to play press coverage and take guys out of games. He has great speed and is superb at mirroring receivers. Needs a bit more bulk, but has all the tools to become a shutdown type player.

3[95] CJ Fedorowicz TE Iowa 6'6 265

One way to be more physical is at the tight end position. JT is a great receiver, but we all know he will never be a true tight end. Green is a nice player, but nothing special. Fedorowicz has a classic skill set. In fact he is a great in-line blocker. He tested great and shows strong soft hands with good speed. He would add a great element to the running game and allow Denver to use more two tight end formations with a tight end who can actually block.

4[105] Travis Swanson C Arkansas 6'5 312

His stock has fallen a bit in recent weeks, but I like his game. He does a great job in pass protection. He struggles some with power, but has improved his strength. That should improve even more in an NFL environment. Has good lateral quickness to slide over for stunts and blitzes. He has good feet and does a nice job getting to the second level. Coluld play some guard too. Has the size and skills to do so. Won't have to play this year, but should be the center of the future.

4[131] Brent Urban DL Virginia 6'7 295

I was very surprised when I started to study Urban. I expected a guy who would get killed with power and physicality, but on the contrary. He is physically dominant at times. He does a great job of using good bend and pad level. Urban also fires off the snap well and is imposing for QB's to throw over. He can play on the nose or on the end. 0 through 7 technique. Would add a good physical inside rusher to the line roation and also allow the Broncos to use him as a 5 tech in 3-4 looks.

Trade: Broncos trade #171/#205 to Bills for #149. Broncos have a targeted player and the Bills need more late round picks.

5[149] Carlos Fields Jr. LB Winston-Salem State 6'2 238

My favorite small school prospect and my favorite linebacker in the draft. His production was stunning, albeit at a small school. He can play any linebacker position and flies to the football. He ran 4.5 forty at his March pro day. Click on the link below if you don't know this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAHhW2PjvNo

6[207] Travis Carrie CB Ohio 6'0 206

Has shown good ability as a return man and had four int's last season. Can play man or zone coverage, but would primarily contribute as a return man early on.

7[246] Stephen Morris QB Miami 6'2 213

Elway seems to love his late round guys. I see no harm in taking a late round QB every year. Maybe some year you get lucky.

That's it, hope you like it. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did a good job here. I definitely could see us trading down.

And, if we draft the Iowa TE, I can see Tamme and Dreessen being released immediately.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how the Broncos get out of this draft without a LB.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I don't see how the Broncos get out of this draft without a LB.

Agreed.

I like the draft though. Need to mix in a MLB somewhere, somehow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did pick a LB. Carlos Fields. If you don't know about him you should. He can play any LB position.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
I did pick a LB. Carlos Fields. If you don't know about him you should. He can play any LB position.

My mistake. I completely looked past this pick. Dont know how.

Never heard of him but that video was pretty legit. He flows to the ball well. Is athletic and very fast. Will need to research more but I like what I see.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

Never heard of him but that video was pretty legit. He flows to the ball well. Is athletic and very fast. Will need to research more but I like what I see.
Not too much to info out there on him. There is another highlight video I found and some pro day info. That is where I found out about him, was his pro day.

Anyhow, he seems to have the "wow" factor I look for in a linebacker. I always fall for these small school high production type of prospects, but this guy could be legit. His close on the ball carrier is amazing.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Winder23 wrote:

Not too much to info out there on him. There is another highlight video I found and some pro day info. That is where I found out about him, was his pro day.

Anyhow, he seems to have the "wow" factor I look for in a linebacker. I always fall for these small school high production type of prospects, but this guy could be legit. His close on the ball carrier is amazing.

Absolutely, he looks the part of an NFL guy. Ive read the Packers, Panthers and Chiefs have shown interest from scouts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fields is intriguing. I would like to see him wear the neck roll in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: