Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh/#10 bait for trade up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Suh/#10 bait for trade up? Reply with quote

hardlion wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
hardlion wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
hardlion wrote:
What do you think Clowney was in town for? No way his agents let him visit Detroit w/o some proof of Lions ability to move up and get him. IMO the front office is getting a little tired of Suh's act and his cap hit over the next two years is about $48 mil if they have to franchise him in 2015. Send him and #10 to Jax and assure the Lions a stud(Clowney, Watkins, Mack) and get some cap relief. Not my first choice but if Suh is showing signs of not wanting to be here long term it's time to make a deal that lands us top quality talent at a more cap friendly number. Just a thought.

If the Lions trade Suh, an all-pro, AND their top pick for a draft pick, they ought to be fired on the spot. That's terrible value.

Really? $22 mil cap hit this year! $26 mil next year if forced to franchise him. Or let him walk for nothing. That's not even a tough decision.
"If forced"? They could use the transition tag, which IIRC signs him to a smaller contract and also gives them the option to match any contract he signs.

How'd that work out for Cleveland? Highest paid C in football. Greeeaaaat!

Better than valuing him as a second round pick and putting him on par with the likes of Darius Slay.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean what's even the point of drafting if your just going to trade away the good players you develop? Suh's problems are way overblown as well, would rather have a fiery guy like him that maybe needs to tone it down a bit than a guy who doesn't care. Hell give me 22 guys like Suh and I'd be happy, would just have to work on not letting them get too fired up.

CallMeBarrett wrote:
The Legion of Whom*
hardlion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I mean what's even the point of drafting if your just going to trade away the good players you develop? Suh's problems are way overblown as well, would rather have a fiery guy like him that maybe needs to tone it down a bit than a guy who doesn't care. Hell give me 22 guys like Suh and I'd be happy, would just have to work on not letting them get too fired up.

No doubt! I get ALL that!! SALARY CAP!!!!! Jeez, we can't pay 3 players top three at their positions and remain viable for long.
amaru0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardlion wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

No doubt! I get ALL that!! SALARY CAP!!!!! Jeez, we can't pay 3 players top three at their positions and remain viable for long.

I don't care about being "viable for long," I just want to be a champion once. After that we can work on keeping it together. In the spirit of winning that one big one, I say we avoid trading the best DT in the game as he enters his prime for a prospect who may be Reggie White or may be Courtney Brown.
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardlion wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

Calm down Bertha, that still doesn't excuse the fact that the value is terrible.

CallMeBarrett wrote:
The Legion of Whom*
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Suh/#10 bait for trade up? Reply with quote

hardlion wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
hardlion wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
hardlion wrote:
What do you think Clowney was in town for? No way his agents let him visit Detroit w/o some proof of Lions ability to move up and get him. IMO the front office is getting a little tired of Suh's act and his cap hit over the next two years is about $48 mil if they have to franchise him in 2015. Send him and #10 to Jax and assure the Lions a stud(Clowney, Watkins, Mack) and get some cap relief. Not my first choice but if Suh is showing signs of not wanting to be here long term it's time to make a deal that lands us top quality talent at a more cap friendly number. Just a thought.

If the Lions trade Suh, an all-pro, AND their top pick for a draft pick, they ought to be fired on the spot. That's terrible value.

Really? $22 mil cap hit this year! $26 mil next year if forced to franchise him. Or let him walk for nothing. That's not even a tough decision.
"If forced"? They could use the transition tag, which IIRC signs him to a smaller contract and also gives them the option to match any contract he signs.

How'd that work out for Cleveland? Highest paid C in football. Greeeaaaat!
And? Suh deserves every penny he'll get. He has that kind of impact. It would be dumb to trade him for a chance to maybe get Clowney.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardlion wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

If we draft well and spend smartly in FA then yes we for sure can be "viable for long"
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
hardlion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
hardlion wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

I don't care about being "viable for long," I just want to be a champion once. After that we can work on keeping it together. In the spirit of winning that one big one, I say we avoid trading the best DT in the game as he enters his prime for a prospect who may be Reggie White or may be Courtney Brown.

I never said it had to Clowney. It's just his visit that has put moving way up on the board and thinking that, in the long run, moving Suh over trading away picks might make sense. But Phil Coke just got a RHB out, so what really makes sense anymore? Lol.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4dalock

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they found a trade partner. the top of the draft is not set in stone,we could possibly have four qbs go before ten. lets say we have something with the browns in place..houston drafts a qb,rams go OT, jags could grab a qb we just don't know. might aswell bring him in for a visit..

no way in hell id trade suh
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team may well be frustrated that Suh isn't attending voluntary workouts. I'm sure they want him there just as CJ and Stafford are.

Even with that he alone is worth multiple first round picks. It would be foolish for the Lions to trade him and the 10th pick to move up.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the idea of trading Suh was absurd when it was brought up before.

But I was thinking about Fairley the other day, and I believe the time he was at his best, was when Suh was suspended back in 2011. I wonder if Fairley would flourish if he wasnt in Suh's shadow? I honestly think Fairley has more ability than Suh. Is it possible that we could move Suh and not miss him? Just a thought.

I dont see a trade very plausible because we would still be on the hook for a ton of money IIRC.

But if that wasnt much of an issue, I must admit I would consider it.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
andjordand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Stafford sucks it up again this season, I would not be opposed to a sign & trade Suh to a Jacksonville or Oakland for the #1 pick for a chance to draft Jameis Winston. Sit Winston for a season behind backwardshat and trade Stafford like Alex Smith.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
If Stafford sucks it up again this season, I would not be opposed to a sign & trade Suh to a Jacksonville or Oakland for the #1 pick for a chance to draft Jameis Winston. Sit Winston for a season behind backwardshat and trade Stafford like Alex Smith.

I'm pretty sure any team bad enough to get the top pick will want a QB more than we do if jameis is as good as expected as a prospect.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
El Duderino

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're looking at the wrong DT as trade bait.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: