Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 LIONS DRAFT THREAD!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
1King wrote:
Hypothetical Idea:


NOTE : I AM NOT OFFERING MY PERSONAL OPINION HERE, JUST THROWING OUT A POSSIBLE IDEA TO SEE OTHER OPINIONS


This is mainly to those people who want or at least would be okay with targeting a DL (i.e. Donald or others) @ #10.


How would you guys feel if we took Minnesota DL Ra'shede Hageman at #10?
How would you guys feel if we traded down and took him?


NOTE: I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR OR AGAINST THIS IDEA, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.
For the "make a big board for your team" thread in the draft forum, I had Hageman at #8, so according to my big board for us he would be fine. I would definitely prefer to trade down if we draft him.
where was donald on your bb
he wasn't
oook. what are you going on measurables
no
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had heard some people call Carlos Fields from Winston-Salem State the "highest upside" LB in the draft, but I never really bothered to watch him assuming he was just some athlete with no real football skills, and there's not going to be a ton out there on a guy from Winston-Salem State, so I never paid too much attention. Well, The LBC posted in the draft forum that he'd take him in the 2nd round, and I respect the hell out his opinion, so I had to check Fields out.

You guys need to watch him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAHhW2PjvNo
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586226/carlos-fields

I know those aren't cut ups, and are highlights, but just look at the athleticism and skills he displays. He was listed at 220 during the season, and weighed 238 at Wake Forest's pro day and ran a 4.51...yeah...

Some comparisons based on measurables:

Carlos Fields:
- 6'1"
- 238 lbs
- 4.51 40 yard dash
- 2.60 20 yard split
- 1.61 10 yard split
- 17 reps on bench
- 38" vertical jump
- 10'08" broad jump
- 4.22 20 yard shuttle
- 7.04 3-cone

Von Miller:
- 6'3"
- 246 lbs
- 4.42 40 yard dash
- 2.57 20 yard split
- 1.57 10 yard split
- 21 reps on bench
- 37" vertical jump
- 10'06" broad jump
- 4.06 20 yard shuttle
- 6.88 3-cone

Ryan Shazier (won't post 40 because we all know that's inaccurate):
- 6'1"
- 237 lbs
- 25 reps on bench
- 42" vertical jump
- 10'10" broad jump
- 4.21 20 yard shuttle
- 6.91 3-cone

Alec Ogletree:
- 6'3"
- 242 lbs
- 4.68 40 yard dash (4.64 at pro day)
- 2.66 20 yard split (2.72 at pro day)
- 1.56 10 yard split (1.65 at pro day)
- 20 reps on bench
- 33.5" vertical jump
- 10'02" broad jump
- 4.39 20 yard shuttle (4.53 at pro day)
- 7.16 3-cone (7.07 at pro day)

Lavonte David:
- 6'1"
- 233 lbs
- 4.57 40 yard dash
- 2.59 20 yard split
- 1.56 10 yard split
- 19 reps on bench
- 36.5" vertical jump
- 09'11" broad jump
- 4.22 20 yard
- 7.28 3-cone

Ernie Sims:
- 5'11"
- 231 lbs
- 4.50 40 yard dash
- 2.64 20 yard split
- 1.54 10 yard split
- 25 reps on bench
- 42" vertical jump
- 10'05" broad jump
- 4.23 20 yard shuttle
- 7.32 3-cone

Navorro Bowman:
- 6'1"
- 242 lbs
- 4.62 40 yard dash (4.70 at combine)
- 2.66 20 yard split (2.64 at combine)
- 1.60 10 yard split (same at combine)
- 26 reps on bench
- 35.5" vertical jump (29.5" at combine)
- 09'09" broad jump (09'07" at combine)
- 4.20 20 yard shuttle (4.59 at combine)
- 6.70 3-cone (6.91 at combine)

Ray Lewis:
- 6'1"
- 240 lbs
- 4.50 40 yard dash (approximate)
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1316
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
So I had heard some people call Carlos Fields from Winston-Salem State the "highest upside" LB in the draft, but I never really bothered to watch him assuming he was just some athlete with no real football skills, and there's not going to be a ton out there on a guy from Winston-Salem State, so I never paid too much attention. Well, The LBC posted in the draft forum that he'd take him in the 2nd round, and I respect the hell out his opinion, so I had to check Fields out.

You guys need to watch him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAHhW2PjvNo
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586226/carlos-fields

I know those aren't cut ups, and are highlights, but just look at the athleticism and skills he displays. He was listed at 220 during the season, and weighed 238 at Wake Forest's pro day and ran a 4.51...yeah...

Some comparisons based on measurables:

Carlos Fields:
- 6'1"
- 238 lbs
- 4.51 40 yard dash
- 2.60 20 yard split
- 1.61 10 yard split
- 17 reps on bench
- 38" vertical jump
- 10'08" broad jump
- 4.22 20 yard shuttle
- 7.04 3-cone

Von Miller:
- 6'3"
- 246 lbs
- 4.42 40 yard dash
- 2.57 20 yard split
- 1.57 10 yard split
- 21 reps on bench
- 37" vertical jump
- 10'06" broad jump
- 4.06 20 yard shuttle
- 6.88 3-cone

Ryan Shazier (won't post 40 because we all know that's inaccurate):
- 6'1"
- 237 lbs
- 25 reps on bench
- 42" vertical jump
- 10'10" broad jump
- 4.21 20 yard shuttle
- 6.91 3-cone

Alec Ogletree:
- 6'3"
- 242 lbs
- 4.68 40 yard dash (4.64 at pro day)
- 2.66 20 yard split (2.72 at pro day)
- 1.56 10 yard split (1.65 at pro day)
- 20 reps on bench
- 33.5" vertical jump
- 10'02" broad jump
- 4.39 20 yard shuttle (4.53 at pro day)
- 7.16 3-cone (7.07 at pro day)

Lavonte David:
- 6'1"
- 233 lbs
- 4.57 40 yard dash
- 2.59 20 yard split
- 1.56 10 yard split
- 19 reps on bench
- 36.5" vertical jump
- 09'11" broad jump
- 4.22 20 yard
- 7.28 3-cone

Ernie Sims:
- 5'11"
- 231 lbs
- 4.50 40 yard dash
- 2.64 20 yard split
- 1.54 10 yard split
- 25 reps on bench
- 42" vertical jump
- 10'05" broad jump
- 4.23 20 yard shuttle
- 7.32 3-cone

Navorro Bowman:
- 6'1"
- 242 lbs
- 4.62 40 yard dash (4.70 at combine)
- 2.66 20 yard split (2.64 at combine)
- 1.60 10 yard split (same at combine)
- 26 reps on bench
- 35.5" vertical jump (29.5" at combine)
- 09'09" broad jump (09'07" at combine)
- 4.20 20 yard shuttle (4.59 at combine)
- 6.70 3-cone (6.91 at combine)

Ray Lewis:
- 6'1"
- 240 lbs
- 4.50 40 yard dash (approximate)
I watched some of his stuff, I like him alot. is he expected to get drafted? I know last yrs draft he probably would of. he was/is one of my seventh rd guys but I wouldn't be surprised if he went higher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I have no clue where he's projected to go. I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him earlier than some project. Just not sure how high I'd go though.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyguy1609


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 2373
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Carolina TE Eric Ebron said he believes the Lions will draft him.
Ebron, the consensus No. 1 tight end in the draft, visited Detroit last week. He'd be an athletic, downfield option to complement current plodders Brandon Pettigrew and Joseph Fauria. We highly doubt Ebron is privy to the Lions' draft plans, but it's clear they're intent on further upgrading Matthew Stafford's weaponry -- possibly as early as No. 10 overall. They've also been linked to a fistful of first-round wideout prospects.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9390/eric-ebron

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/21/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-monday-morning-quarterback/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
bigc421


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing


Speculation? Or someone jumping up and down trying to draw attention to themselves?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing


Speculation? Or someone jumping up and down trying to draw attention to themselves?
Speculation by someone who has real sources (not a media member trying to push an agenda). However, that was prefaced with him saying this is a year when he can find out which of his sources are legit or not, because a lot of people are saying a lot of different things.

I just thought it was interested since almost everyone feels Watkins is a top 5 lock.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 533
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing

I know for sure my head would explode at 10. Unless Clowney or Mack were still on the board, Mayhew had bet be setting a record for least amount of time on the clock in picking Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigc421


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing


Speculation? Or someone jumping up and down trying to draw attention to themselves?
Speculation by someone who has real sources (not a media member trying to push an agenda). However, that was prefaced with him saying this is a year when he can find out which of his sources are legit or not, because a lot of people are saying a lot of different things.

I just thought it was interested since almost everyone feels Watkins is a top 5 lock.


Its not unfathomable just highly unlikely and I'm always skeptical of people making wild predictions they don't actually believe will happen. It would most likely require 3 qbs going top 10 to start. Lean is a big wild card. If lewan and Donald go and someone likes Evans more then I guess it could happen but that's alot of its.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing


Speculation? Or someone jumping up and down trying to draw attention to themselves?
Speculation by someone who has real sources (not a media member trying to push an agenda). However, that was prefaced with him saying this is a year when he can find out which of his sources are legit or not, because a lot of people are saying a lot of different things.

I just thought it was interested since almost everyone feels Watkins is a top 5 lock.


Its not unfathomable just highly unlikely and I'm always skeptical of people making wild predictions they don't actually believe will happen. It would most likely require 3 qbs going top 10 to start. Lean is a big wild card. If lewan and Donald go and someone likes Evans more then I guess it could happen but that's alot of its.
supposedly teams just aren't that high on him.

And, honestly, I get it. If you look at Evans, you have a WR that can play all over the field and in any offense. He plays the ball in the air so well that he'll be a nightmare in the redzone, but he can also get a lot of YAC for a shorter passing offense. He also ran primarily vertical routes at A&M though so his upside is tremendous because he can do pretty much anything you want him to. As for Watkins, you have a WR that ran primarily shorter routes with a lot of screens. He has YAC potential, but a lot of it is because of his speed. He can be a great vertical WR, but his height will limit him some, and again one of his main assets there is his speed. I think, if these rumors of teams not being high on him are true, that he's being viewed as a #2 WR with the potential to play the #1 WR spot between the 20's. There's also Odell Beckham Jr., who isn't too far behind Watkins as an athlete and is another guy that can play all over the field. He, like Watkins, will be a little limited due to his height, but he ran so many more vertical routes in college that it makes sense to me that teams may prefer the slightly worse athlete who has a better chance to be that #1 WR. I don't rank Beckham above Watkins, but if that's how teams are viewing it, then I can't really argue it.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1316
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Interesting...saw some speculation that Sammy Watkins might fall out of the top ten.

I think this forum might explode if we pass on Sammy Watkins Laughing


Speculation? Or someone jumping up and down trying to draw attention to themselves?
Speculation by someone who has real sources (not a media member trying to push an agenda). However, that was prefaced with him saying this is a year when he can find out which of his sources are legit or not, because a lot of people are saying a lot of different things.

I just thought it was interested since almost everyone feels Watkins is a top 5 lock.


Its not unfathomable just highly unlikely and I'm always skeptical of people making wild predictions they don't actually believe will happen. It would most likely require 3 qbs going top 10 to start. Lean is a big wild card. If lewan and Donald go and someone likes Evans more then I guess it could happen but that's alot of its.
supposedly teams just aren't that high on him.

And, honestly, I get it. If you look at Evans, you have a WR that can play all over the field and in any offense. He plays the ball in the air so well that he'll be a nightmare in the redzone, but he can also get a lot of YAC for a shorter passing offense. He also ran primarily vertical routes at A&M though so his upside is tremendous because he can do pretty much anything you want him to. As for Watkins, you have a WR that ran primarily shorter routes with a lot of screens. He has YAC potential, but a lot of it is because of his speed. He can be a great vertical WR, but his height will limit him some, and again one of his main assets there is his speed. I think, if these rumors of teams not being high on him are true, that he's being viewed as a #2 WR with the potential to play the #1 WR spot between the 20's. There's also Odell Beckham Jr., who isn't too far behind Watkins as an athlete and is another guy that can play all over the field. He, like Watkins, will be a little limited due to his height, but he ran so many more vertical routes in college that it makes sense to me that teams may prefer the slightly worse athlete who has a better chance to be that #1 WR. I don't rank Beckham above Watkins, but if that's how teams are viewing it, then I can't really argue it.
I kinda see it that way. its more a preference thing..I wouldn't put evans over watkins but I def feel obj is right there with both. why I don't see the need to trade up for a wr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3405
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking what I saw of Telvin Smith. Watched some of his tape over the weekend. Definitely has the frame to add 10-15 pounds. Would definitely improve our coverage stepping in for Tulloch in passing situations
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27554
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
I'm liking what I saw of Telvin Smith. Watched some of his tape over the weekend. Definitely has the frame to add 10-15 pounds. Would definitely improve our coverage stepping in for Tulloch in passing situations
Said it a while ago that he's a top 20 player for me. After looking into it more, top 20 may have been too high, but the sentiment's the same. He's a great football player. Get him in Jacksonville's scheme and he could dominate.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigc421


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
I'm liking what I saw of Telvin Smith. Watched some of his tape over the weekend. Definitely has the frame to add 10-15 pounds. Would definitely improve our coverage stepping in for Tulloch in passing situations
Said it a while ago that he's a top 20 player for me. After looking into it more, top 20 may have been too high, but the sentiment's the same. He's a great football player. Get him in Jacksonville's scheme and he could dominate.


I like him a lot, 20s to high but he's a good player with a lot of upside. I had us taking him in the 3rd in my mock and mentioned that I liked him enough to consider in the 2nd. Most people didn't like taking him in the 3rd. I actually thought of him when watching those clips of the small school guy you posted above. Not a comparison, it was just my thought " what would Telvin Smith look like running around against that level of competition"

Back to the Watkins discussion above. I just don't see it happening. Just over analysis imo. Watkins is the best wr in this draft and is a top5 talent. I like Mike Evans a lot and Beckhams great value later in the round but Watkins changes the way an offense calls plays and the way a defense defends them. A true difference maker.

you can pick any player and find someone predicting them to slip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group