Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD II Jernigan-Watkins-Sankey-Thomas-Tripp-Janis-Mitchell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddie mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick 63 coming up in 4 picks

Best players on the board in no particular order

DeMarcus Lawrence DE
Scott Crichton DE
Kareem Martin DE

Marcus Martin OC/OG
Cyril Richardson OG
JuWan James OT

Allen Robinson WR

Carlos Hyde RB

Jaylen Watkins CB
Pierre Desir CB
Phillip Gaines CB
Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB

Start voting

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin or Watkins

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
eddie mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kareem was gone or I would've strongly considered him cos he's a Fox/Del Rio size guy, anyway

We've traded down with the Jets

63 for 80, 115 and 233 so we'll be OTC tomorrow at midnight ET

elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie mac wrote:
Far too many fall into the trap of the drafting for need scenario.

Jernigan was by far the best player on the board.

Plus I also see him as an immediate contributor as we swtich from 4-3 and 3-4 fronts with Ware and Miller on opposite sides.

Could've taken the safe option by drafting XSF or a CB but why do that, when the draft is full of them rds 2-4.

We took Williams in the late 20's last year and I think Jernigan is far better than him as do most scouts.

Two starting DT's in contract years, schematic versatility, faller with big upside. Great pick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone goes on about BPA but I really think we are all in this year. Taking a 4th string DT just isn't really my cup of tea.

Anyway I do like that trade back. If anything it softens the impact of going DT in the first because it gives us more picks to find starters at need position.

Now what we absolutely need:

-Base 4-3 MLB
-Cover LB to play with Trevathan in the nickel
Note that if possible we could get one player to fill both these roles. Depends if you think Borland can do it. If not then we can look at Pierre-Louis or Avery Williamson in the late rounds and a thumper like Max Bullough

-A corner who will play significant snaps on the outside

-Possibly a starting Guard or Right Tackle

Now taking BPA at an immediate need, the guys I like are Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Pierre Desir and Chris Borland
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaylen Watkins when we look back at the 2014 draft will be one of the best corners from the class.

Two great picks and values

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
eddie mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can everyone send me their big boards via pm for 95 and 115, send approx 30-40 players by rank if you can and maybe that can cover our next 3 picks.

I'll develop a list today and send to each of you of my bog board or top 50 from this point.

eddie mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After lengthy discussions today/tonight via pm and looking over the only 2 big boards we had, Paul Mac and myself agreed that Bishop Sankey was the no2 player on our board after the Colts took Travis Swanson at 90. We attempted to trade up with the Colts to nick Swanson but I guess they saw through this and asked for 95 and 115 to move up 5 spots.

They got a thanks but no fffing thanks.

A little dickybird then advised us that the Pats really liked our no2 target so we shopped around and the Panthers picking at 92 were prepared to do the deal for 95 and 233 (the 7th rd pick we got from the Jets in the trade down).

I didn't hesitate.

Now I know full well that Montee Ball is our no1 RB and that Anderson has shown some flashes albeit it was during pre-season but IMHO there is no way we go into 2014 with only Ball, Anderson and the incumbent Hillman.

Personally I think Sankey is everything Hillman was supposed to be when we drafted him and a little more, so that's why we couldn't pass up the value there.

Some may say the Broncos major needs are CB, OL and MLB but when I look at the roster I see depth needs everywhere, that is why this staff wont reach just for need in this draft. Sankey is Mayock's no1 RB in this class, personally I think Mason and Hyde are more well-rounded no1 backs but for what we want from Sankey, I feel he's our no1 back in this class.

eddie mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick 115 is OTC at 8pm ET tonight if not before that depending on how quickly teams draft.

131 is OTC tomorrow at 12-30pm ET

Updated BB will be prepared today and sent out.

germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a great draft, IMO. It reminds me of the one back in 2010 where we targeted BPA and got great value on players. I think we ended up with Joe Haden, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Jermaine Gresham, and Ben Tate.

This draft is similar. Jernigan is great value at #31. Sankey is my #2 RB behind Tre Mason and getting him toward the end of the 3rd is excellent value. While Brandon Thomas may not make an impact this season, his value at the end of the 3rd is exceptional. Most believed he was a lock for the 2nd round before his injury. Jordy Tripp is another guy that many think will sneak into the 3rd, grabbing him in the 4th is another good value pick.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
This has been a great draft, IMO. It reminds me of the one back in 2010 where we targeted BPA and got great value on players. I think we ended up with Joe Haden, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Jermaine Gresham, and Ben Tate.

This draft is similar. Jernigan is great value at #31. Sankey is my #2 RB behind Tre Mason and getting him toward the end of the 3rd is excellent value. While Brandon Thomas may not make an impact this season, his value at the end of the 3rd is exceptional. Most believed he was a lock for the 2nd round before his injury. Jordy Tripp is another guy that many think will sneak into the 3rd, grabbing him in the 4th is another good value pick.

Don't sleep on Watkins. He has the potential to be a very good physical player at CB

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
eddie mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our latest additions, two which I believe will go earlier than we drafted them especially Mitchell who is starting to get some well deserved buzz.

Quote:
With the 171st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft

The Denver Broncos select.

Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley State

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a tall, muscular body type – has worked hard to fill out his frame…fleet of foot with very good build up speed to accelerate away from defenders…controlled routes and shifts his momentum well with smooth footwork in/out of his breaks – good hesitation to sell patterns…good tracking skills and judgment on deep throws…good functional strength for the position, making it a chore for tacklers to finish him off…strong competitor with an intrepid, fearless approach to the game…very tough and holds onto the ball after jarring hits…ambitious worker with strong intangibles and excellent character on and off the field – try-hard player who gets the most out of his ability…productive resume (37 career starts) with back-to-back 1,500+ receiving yard seasons the past two years – holds the school record for single-season receiving yards (1,635), single-game receiving yards (300) and single-game catches (eighteen).

WEAKNESSES: Marginal initial burst and needs a few steps to get back up to full speed after gearing down…bad habit of rounding some routes and will try to freelance too much…will have some double-catches and fight the ball at times – hand/eye coordination appears to very average…limited after the catch and lacks suddenness in space to create much separation – not the most consistent in traffic…limited experience as a return man on special teams…career production and experience came against a lower level of competition.

SUMMARY: An overlooked high school recruit, Jeffrey “Jeff” Janis didn’t receive any Division-I (FBS or FCS) scholarship offers, staying close to home at Division-II Saginaw Valley State. After redshirting in 2009, he quickly established himself as a starter and set multiple school records as a junior in 2012 with 106 catches for a Division-II-best 1,635 yards and 17 touchdowns, earning First Team All American and All-GLIAC honors. Janis again earned All-Conference honors in 2013 as a senior with 83 catches for 1,572 yards and 14 scores, finishing his career second in GLIAC history with 4,305 career receiving yards. He isn’t the most developed or elusive route runners, but he has excellent speed and natural athletic traits to be an effective pass-catcher at every level. Janis has impeccable football character and gets the most out of his ability, but needs to be more reliable finishing catches and gaining separation to be reliable – potential No. 3/4 WR in the NFL who will be tough to cut.

Quote:
With the 207th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft

Terrance Mitchell DB Oregon

STRENGTHS: Solid height and overall frame…light on his feet with natural body control and movement skills…stays low in his pedal to redirect easily and drive on plays in front of him – smooth accelerator…quick read/diagnose skills and stays alert on each snap, using his eyes well to bait-and-react…plays bigger than he looks and fights for the ball in the air, displaying reliable ballskills and focus to time his jumps and highpoint well…works hard in run defense to fight around blocks and arrive at the ballcarrier…experience on ST coverages…experienced resume (38 career starts) with solid production, collecting 32 passes defended and 7 interceptions over his career – tallied a team-best 5 interceptions in 2013.

WEAKNESSES: Skinny body type with narrow hips, small hands and short arms/wingspan…lacks elite long-speed and tops out quickly – will get caught with his eyes stuck in the backfield, struggling to recover…tends to get a tad wild and overrun his target or misread his angles…too grabby in the deep half of the field and needs to show better coverage discipline…needs to load more ammo into his hands to initiate a pop at contact, whether at the LOS in press or run support…not overly physical in run defense and needs to shore up his tackling technique to be more reliable in this area…little experience as a blitzer and spent most of his college playing time lined up 10-yards off the LOS...never earned All-Conference honors in college.

SUMMARY: A three-star CB recruit, Mitchell received a few Pac-12 offers, but committed to Oregon very early in the process, redshirting in 2010. He earned a starting job as a redshirt freshman in 2011 and led the Ducks with 12 passes defended, including a pair of interceptions. Mitchell’s production dipped in 2012, but he led the Ducks in passes defended (12) and interceptions (5) in 2013 as a junior, starting every game the past two seasons – somehow shutout of All-Pac 12 honors. Mitchell has ordinary size, strength and length for the position and lacks ideal speed, allowing receivers to get behind him vertically, but he is quicker than fast with good short-area burst. He is average in run support, but does his best work with his eyes to diagnose the action and break on the ball to make plays for the defense and prevent plays for the offense.

Janis will come in and develop in 2014 behind our 4 regular WR's. He should be ready for 2015 in the event that Welker is not re-signed and Sanders moves inside to the slot position.

Mitchell will get an opportunity to compete this year with the amount of DB's the Broncos normally have on the field defending leads. His addition also gives the Broncos some versatility to look at Watkins for the FS role if Moore is 100% or if he leaves in FA in 2015.

The Broncos were interested in Max Bullough and Brock Vereen in the 6th rd but both were drafted just before our selection.

KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful haul. Let Irving play in running downs and Tripp could play ILB on passing downs

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
eddie mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With the 246th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft

Cassius Marsh DE UCLA

STRENGTHS: Possesses a tall, lean-muscled body type with good arm length…light on his feet with good initial quickness and redirection skills…flexible with natural bend when he chooses to use it…tough at the POA with aggressive, active hands…nose for the ball and works through the echo of the whistle to finish at the ballcarrier…always alert and plays hyper, rarely turning off the switch when he’s on the field…confident with a team-first, band-of-brothers type of attitude…used in short-yardage and goal line situations at times on offense – two career catches, two career receiving scores…versatile experience, lining up mostly nose-to-nose with the OT in UCLA’s three-man front, but has experience moving inside, outside and dropping into space…solid resume (36 career starts) with 24.5 tackles for loss over his career, steadily improving his production each year.

WEAKNESSES: Struggles to consistently disengage blocks with disappointing functional strength and immature hand technique…streaky pad level and doesn’t show a natural understanding of leverage…swift swim move, but needs to develop more counter moves to fool blockers and keep them guessing…doesn’t always have method to his madness and needs to have a plan as a pass rusher…needs to keep his cool and stay under control emotionally on the field…tends to freelance at times and not play assignment sound football…needs to find a comfortable playing weight, fluctuating from 270 to 300 and now down to 250 pounds…lacks a position identity with tweener flashes.

SUMMARY: A four-star DT recruit out of high school, Marsh originally committed to LSU as a senior in high school, but switched to UCLA the week before signing day. He played at 300-pounds as a true freshman and provided quality depth up front before dropping weight and lining up in more of a 5-technique role as an upperclassman. Marsh combined for 109 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and 13.0 sacks over his final two seasons for the Bruins, earning All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention honors. He is a high intensity competitor with the motor that doesn’t quit, but appears to have an identity crisis at times, flashing tweener traits and needs to settle in at one position. Marsh has a cut, muscular frame, but isn’t as strong as he looks and needs add power to his quick, active hand use – might have some value on the offensive side of the ball as well in goal-line situations. He projects as a NFL back-up, best suited as a one-gapping DE in a four-man front who can also move inside on passing downs or stand up and drop into space – mid-to-late round prospect who offers versatile depth.

Cassius was highly rated on a couple of our boards and was just sitting there in the late 7th waiting to be picked. You can never have enough pass rushers and Marsh is rated as a 5th/6th rd prospect at worst on various boards. He has a real shot at sticking on the roster this year after Phillips and Ayers left in Free Agency.

paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a 5th round grade on Cassius Marsh, good to get him in the 7th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: