Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yoin's Mock Off-Season #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoinesh123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Yoin's Mock Off-Season #2 Reply with quote

RELEASED/CUT:

WR Austin Pettis
When Bradford was around he was the go to guy. But when Bradford tore his ACL he became a non factor. We have seen the extent of his talent.

DT Jermelle Cudjo
Cudjo had a good 2012, which earned him an extension. He sucked last year so we release him.

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:

DT Alex Carrington (6’5 / 303)
Add's a versatile Lineman going into his prime.

WR Kenny Britt (6’3 / 213)
Troubled Kid. Only 25 Years old. Still has a ton of Talent

QB Shaun Hill (6’5 / 211)
Great Add IMO one of the best Backups in the League

OG Davin Joseph (6’3 / 311)
We sign him to be a mentor to our younger guards

2014 NFL DRAFT:

TRADE: STL sends 2014 1st to ATL for 2014 1st, 3rd and 2015 1st

1. OT Greg Robinson (6’5 / 331) - Auburn
Robinson is very strong for his size and moves extremely well. He does an amazing job of sustaining his blocks to keep his defenders from making tackles. Robinson also has quickness and good feet to be a pass-blocker in the NFL, though he will need more refinement in this capacity. Has a chance to be the next Larry Allen

1. FS Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix (6’1 / 209) - Alabama

Clinton-Dix totaled 50 tackles, two interceptions and four passes broken up in 2013. H. Clinton-Dix was suspended for two games for taking a loan from an assistant, but Nick Saban reinstated him before the game against Arkansas. Clinton-Dix didn't have his best game against Auburn as he got caught on a few misdirection runs.

2. WR Jordan Matthews (6’3 / 212) - Vanderbilt
Matthews collected 112 receptions for 1,477 yards with seven touchdowns in 2013. He ran a 4.46 40 yard Dash diminishing any concerns about his speed.

3. CB Phillip Gaines (6’1 / 193) - Rice
Gaines was another star of the Combine who used the opportunity to really help his draft stock. He ran very well in the 40-yard dash and did well in the field drills, so he used the Combine to his advantage to command more attention from teams. Great Prospect to develop behind Johnson and Jenkins
3. RB Jeremy Hill (6’0 / 232) - LSU
Hill is occasionally a dominant runner. He was the best of a talented group of running backs for LSU over the past two seasons. Hill has the size of a power runner like Steven Jackson, but also has a burst to the hole and the second level of the defense. The main problem is that He has gotten in Legal Trouble a lot.

4. QB A.J McCarron (6’3 / 220) - Alabama
In 2013, McCarron completed 67 percent of his passes for 3,063 yards with 28 touchdowns and seven interceptions. A decent arm and great accuracy
5. OG Chris Watt (6'3 /310)- Notre Dame
Watt was very respectable for the Fighting Irish in 2013. He had a good performance against Arizona State's Will Sutton. Watt's run blocking is ahead of his pass protection for the NFL, but he could be worth developing as a third-day pick. Watt ran slow and didn't impress at the Combine.

6. DT DeAndre Coleman (6’5 / 315) - California

- He’s the long and big DT type that Waufle likes.... Coleman recorded 40 tackles with nine tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks this year. He played well for California and did well at the Senior Bowl. Coleman didn't run at the Combine.

6. FB Trey Millard (6’2 / 247) - Oklahoma

- His 2013 injury killed his stock. He’s an extremely athletic fullback. He’s a solid blocker, but excelles at catching the ball.

7. CB Aaron Colvin (5'11/ 195)
Colvin totaled 55 tackles with five tackles for a loss, one sack, one interception and three passes broken up in 2013. H
7. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis (6’0 / 232) -Boston College
In 2013, Pierre-Louis ended up with 108 tackles, six sacks, 10.5 tackles for a loss, one interception and a pass broken up. He was impressive at the Combine.

7. WR Jeff Janis (6’3 / 219) - Saginaw Valley
It isn't easy for small-school players to get invites to the Senior Bowl, especially at the skill positions. Offensive and defensive linemen have more luck getting invited to Mobile, Alabama, but the skill position players are less likely to get invites. Janis was able to buck the trend and participated in the most high-profile all-star game. At the Senior Bowl, he was solid but unimpressive.

7. TE Blake Jackson (6’4 / 238) - Oklahoma State
-A receiving threat type TE, who missed most of 2013. The Rams have met with him and seem to be interested.

2014 DEPTH CHART:

QB: Sam Bradford / Shaun Hill / A.J McCarron
RB: Zac Stacy / Benny Cunningham / Jeremy Hill/ Isaiah Pead / Daryl Richardson
FB: Trey Millard
TE: Jared Cook / Lance Kendricks / Corey Harkey / Blake Jackson
WR: Tavon Austin/ Chris Givens / Kenny Britt
WR: Jordan Matthews / Brian Quick/ Jeff Janis
SLOT: Stedman Bailey
LT: Jake Long
LG: Greg Robinson / Chris Watt
C: Scott Wells / Barrett Jones
RG: Rodger Saffold / Davin Joseph
RT: Joe Barksdale

DE: Robert Quinn / Eugene Sims
DT: Michael Brockers / DeAndre Coleman
DT: Kendall Langford / Alex Carrington
DE: Chris Long / William Hayes
OLB: Alec Ogletree / Daren Bates
MLB: James Laurinaitis / Ray-Ray Armstrong
OLB: Jo-Lonn Dunbar / Kevin Pierre-Louis
CB: Janoris Jenkins / Brandon McGee
CB: Trumaine Johnson / Phillip Gaines
SLOT:Greg Reid/ Aaron Colvin
FS: Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix / Rodney McLeod
SS: TJ McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
PR: Tavon Austin
KR: Greg Reid

[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I don't get but love the draft and off season overall. What good signing Britt does for the Rams. He's no where near as good as he gets credit for. Career high 45 receptions? And why draft a FB. It takes playing time from Harkey who was actually very good for us last year. Oh personal preference of Matthews over Robinson.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Two things I don't get but love the draft and off season overall. What good signing Britt does for the Rams. He's no where near as good as he gets credit for. Career high 45 receptions? And why draft a FB. It takes playing time from Harkey who was actually very good for us last year. Oh personal preference of Matthews over Robinson.

Well, we signed Britt so........

Good mock Yoinesh, although I'd rather grab another CB instead of Jordan Matthews. Nothing against the player, just that we really need to double dip at CB, IMO.

Also congratulations on becoming an owner of FFMD Saint Louis Rams. We're co-owners, but I call exclusive rights to deciding the location for our new outdoor stadium.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
yoinesh123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks The J.R.S gratz on being the owner too and deciding where the new stadium is all yours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoinesh123 wrote:
Thanks The J.R.S gratz on being the owner too and deciding where the new stadium is all yours

The easy choice to make is the site of the old Chrysler Plant near the intersection of Interstate 44 and I-270.

It's got more than enough space for parking and supplemental venues (Bar, restaurant, etc.). Most importantly, the infrastructure is already present to support the energy needs for the site.

It hurts to move the team out of the City of Saint Louis, but let's face it, there's no good place within city limits.

yoinesh123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
yoinesh123 wrote:

The easy choice to make is the site of the old Chrysler Plant near the intersection of Interstate 44 and I-270.

It's got more than enough space for parking and supplemental venues (Bar, restaurant, etc.). Most importantly, the infrastructure is already present to support the energy needs for the site.

It hurts to move the team out of the City of Saint Louis, but let's face it, there's no good place within city limits.

I agree also there is a site in Maryland Heights near 270

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoinesh123 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
yoinesh123 wrote:

I agree also there is a site in Maryland Heights near 270

I assume you're talking about just west of Creve Coeur Park, off of 367?

That's difficult, there's a lot of undeveloped land and not nearly the amount of infrastructure that would be needed.

yoinesh123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah there isnt much infrastructure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture this: we get Watkins with the sixth pick, and we get Moses with our 2nd round pick
FRO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a hard time trading away Clowney which I assume you did by trading down with Atlanta. I just think the guy is way too good to pass on. DE will be a need in a year or two. Might as well get a phenom now while you can.

Other than that, good job.
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of the mock and mine looks quite similar. I'd prefer a guy like Fales over McCarron and perhaps a guy with more upside than Matthews at WR, but that's nitpicking. Great job

^El Ramster^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: