Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can this team beat the Seahawks now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
roar2014 wrote:
If we are plus Clady, Moore, ward, talib, ware,miller,Harris,Wolfe,vickerson! + we got rid of some weak links like decker, Holliday, and overrated Beadles than ya we could put the whooping on them!

Right....

Decker was a "weak link"

Laughable

Weak link was a strong word but he was an inconsistent player that would at times really help this team and at times really hurt this team. The thing Denver should have done and I think they did do was use Decker as a decoy when going up against Sherman which would let Thomas go up against Maxwell/Thurmond or anyone else and Thomas would win those matchups handily.

I actually don't think Decker and Thomas were a great combo. They were the exact same player except Thomas was better than Decker at just about everything.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
roar2014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker was pretty decent but he was the weak link of the receiving core.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not until we change philosophy on offense, PM and Gase realize football is a marathon, not a sprint, and we put quite a bit more emphasis on a balanced attack. Not until the "p" word associated with our offense is patience and not panic.

In other words, a return to conventional, hard nosed football. We'll always have the ability to switch to a fast pace, but when that's your norm you've no where else to go.
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well face them in the preseason and reg season so well have two opportunities to find out next year. I'm still pissednoff over the superboel.

I really wanna see anLG taken high and draft or find a full back and become less one dimensional.

Oh and some of you just remember the bad with decker at times he was pretty clutch. I do agree we should look for a receiver who adds a different dynamic to thisnoffense , not convinced Wallace is that guy
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even bet on Seattle if they replayed the Superbowl. I don't know if it was a crap gameplan or just the worst execution in Superbowl history but it was out of the normal expectations for such a great team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opportunities for the Broncos to stay close in the Super Bowl were there. It's just every time they came close, they made an error. Something they had not been doing. D.T. got stripped, Peyton hit while throwing and intercepted when DT would've had a big gain. Lynch was not the major factor that he was being hyped up to be. I knew nothing good was going to com from a squib kick to open the second half. Prater kicks it deep in the end zone on a routine basis, why tell him different? And I noticed someone else mentioned it, the ends rushing Wilson gave him all the space to do what he wanted. That being said, I can't wait for the Broncos to stomp them this season!!!!!
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that gets a little overlooked is just how awesome our defense played in the playoffs, WITHOUT Miller, Vick, Moore, Wolfe, and for 2 1/2 games Harris.

The first two games so 2 of the best QBs in the league almost completely shutout for three quarters. We never looked like losing either of those games mostly because our defense was playing brilliantly so the offense only telly had to make a handful of big plays.

Then in the Superbowl, the defense managed to keep the score respectable for as long as they could. After the early safety they managed to limit the Seahawks to field goals in the next two short drives before they ran away with it

Given that we are getting healthy and have a few new impact players I expect us to be top 3 defense this year
oldunclemark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Seattle..
You only look to beat the teams in your division because that's your key to the playoffs..The Broncos are unlikely to see Seattle in the post-season again this coming year...Don't worry about them.

....I like what Denver did adding a pass rusher and coverage people to take on KC and San Diego....
The AFC West is a division of largely immobile QBs and DeMarcus Ware will like that a lot...
SD, Oka and KC are the teams we have to beat..and it would help to add a run stopping linebacker to help against all 3

While KC did almost nothing in the offseason and SD did little...Denver got better....
the best way to win the Super Bowl is to sweep your division and go from there..
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I wouldn't even bet on Seattle if they replayed the Superbowl. I don't know if it was a crap gameplan or just the worst execution in Superbowl history but it was out of the normal expectations for such a great team.

To be honest, the outcome has been repeated frequently when the best offense plays against the best defense. The 49ers over the Broncos was the only time offense won and the 49ers had a top 5 defense then anyways.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
EySlothy

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say this, but if Denver and Seattle played again, my money would be on Denver, that game was a joke. Denver just played sloppy.

Seattle isn't a better team then Denver IMHO.
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk. Still think we'd lose. Just not nearly as bad.

I'm right about LeBron regressing. Blasphemy to suggest his stats wouldn't improve & was a worse defender. My prediction that turned out true.
I think you're schizophrenic. Seek help.
Molsted

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EySlothy wrote:
Hate to say this, but if Denver and Seattle played again, my money would be on Denver, that game was a joke. Denver just played sloppy.

Seattle isn't a better team then Denver IMHO.

Even with your honest opinion the SB suggest something else. We lost by more than just sloppiness and "not showing up".

I agree with some of the things that has been put forth, especially ARKANA. The offense needs more balance, the loss was not caused by Manning (per se, as he has say in the gameplan I guess) or Decker or Thomas, it was caused by an inadequate gameplan. We and the team need to put this loss behind us, and not focus on the Hawks but on teams in our own division and beating them for another chance of proving that we are not some lightweight, spineless team. The defense also need to step up. We act like we have a almost elite defense, but the only thing they have going for them is that Manning is putting us up forcing teams to throw at us, which ensure that we can simply pin our ears back. I am not saying the defense is bad, but they are merely mediocre.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two pretty big things we do not know right now.

1. How the personnel changes will affect the team overall. I think the team is both more talented and has better balance.

And 2. What do not know what we would have been like fully healthy. Remember we played the Super Bowl without Clady, Von, Harris, Moore and Vickerson.

Our opening day defense this year will have 8 or 9 players we did not have in the Super Bowl playing starting or major roles - Ware (rush end), Wolfe (closed end), Vickerson (NT), Von (SLB), Harris (CB2/nickle CB), Talib (CB1), Roby (CB3/4), Moore (FS) and Ward (SS).

Young players like Sly and Kayvon should be much improved over their respective rookie years. And we should expect a big jump by both given the way players drafted and coached by this regime have improved from their rookie to sophomore seasons. Look at the first-to-second year improvements made by guys like Moore, Trevathan, Jackson and Ihenacho.

Offensively, I think we will be better, or at least better built to win in more than one way, which last year entailed nothing more than pass, pass some more, pass again, and then pass one or two or 28937 more times until we overwhelm you.

Our OL is leaps and bounds better purely by the return of a healthy Ryan Clady, but the makeup of it and the coaching staff's assertion that the "best 5" will be the starters gives me a lot of confidence. Clady at LT and Vasquez at RG are the only "guaranteed" starters, the other three spots will be filled by some combination of Franklin, Ramirez, Clark, Painter, Montgomery, Schofield, Garland, Paradis and Justice.

Lastly, Adam Gase will have a year of experience as an OC under his belt. Last year Gase simply ran with a "trust Peyton" approach, an approach that bears bushels of fruit so long as Peyton's long documented short-comings do not rear their ugly head (as they did in the Super Bowl).

But does any of this mean we can beat Seattle? Who knows.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post AAA. People forget how good our " banged up" defense was in the playoffs. Phil Rivers and Tom Brady were practically shut out until the fourth quarters, and even in the Super Bowl they did their best to keep it close but were let down by turnovers and special teams.

Having that unit back together AND returners from injury AND new signings, I really think we might have the best defense in football. The offense might take a step back though.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Good post AAA. People forget how good our " banged up" defense was in the playoffs. Phil Rivers and Tom Brady were practically shut out until the fourth quarters, and even in the Super Bowl they did their best to keep it close but were let down by turnovers and special teams.

Having that unit back together AND returners from injury AND new signings, I really think we might have the best defense in football. The offense might take a step back though.

There is a zero percent chance we will have the best defense in football. Seattle, Carolina, SF are three that are absolutely better, and you could make a case for a bunch more. Denver just needs to be Top 10-12 in defense and they'll be fine.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: