Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything Thread - Not Weird if it works edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Lions win the division?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you all think it's kind of BS to buy a secondhand engagement ring? I've been with my lady for just over 3 years. I've been wanting to pop the question for a while now, but I'm waaaayyy short on the type of ring I'd like to get her. Long story short one of my work clients is recently divorced and is looking to sell his ring for peanuts. I wouldn't consider it normally because of the bad luck type of feeling that might surround such a thing, but it's such an awesome deal I would be an idiot to pass it up. All input is appreciated.

When you imagine the rest of your life with this woman.... is it because of a ring? The important thing is the commitment, not the jewelry. Now, I'm not telling you to pop the question with a ring pop, but if it's a nice ring, and you can picture her saying yes.... go for it. No one will know but you.
MrDirt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennydagroin714 wrote:
Do you all think it's kind of BS to buy a secondhand engagement ring? I've been with my lady for just over 3 years. I've been wanting to pop the question for a while now, but I'm waaaayyy short on the type of ring I'd like to get her. Long story short one of my work clients is recently divorced and is looking to sell his ring for peanuts. I wouldn't consider it normally because of the bad luck type of feeling that might surround such a thing, but it's such an awesome deal I would be an idiot to pass it up. All input is appreciated.

It depends on what type of woman your girlfriend is. It doesn't really matter if you care, do you think that SHE would care?

You can always buy a smaller diamond now and upgrade it in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I know that she will be fine with whatever I give her. I'm not concerned that the size of a stone is the deciding factor in our relationship. What I'm trying to ask is do you think that buying a ring from a divorcÚ kind of taints the whole thing? Obviously in my opinion it does slightly. That's why I'm asking complete strangers if I am being unreasonable. Im kind of comparing it to getting a great deal on an awesome house where someone died.
Blaze King

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Red Wings..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennydagroin714 wrote:
OK, I know that she will be fine with whatever I give her. I'm not concerned that the size of a stone is the deciding factor in our relationship. What I'm trying to ask is do you think that buying a ring from a divorcÚ kind of taints the whole thing? Obviously in my opinion it does slightly. That's why I'm asking complete strangers if I am being unreasonable. Im kind of comparing it to getting a great deal on an awesome house where someone died.

I don't think it matters. Rings used to be passed down generation to generation, no matter how the marriages worked out. I don't think there's any bad juju from it. Wink
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennydagroin714 wrote:

The ring is nothing more than a symbol. It shouldn't matter one way or the other and why would she even have to know?

Young couples, just starting out have usually got a number of desires that require money. Weddings, housing, honeymoon, and being responsible about what you can afford is more important than the size of the ring or where you purchased it.

When my wife and I got engaged all I could afford was a $200.00 ring. It would give you eye strain trying to see the diamond!

For our 25th wedding anniversary we held a vow renewal ceremony and reception in Las Vegas. Basically we re-did everything right down to her purchasing a new wedding gown. As my gift to her I had her choose a new engagement ring. She wears both with pride and together they symbolize our journey through life together.

It just shouldn't matter and if a woman gets all freaked out about it you should think about that.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo, Kevin Durant?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Soooooo, Kevin Durant?

What about him?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Soooooo, Kevin Durant?

What about him?
hit an amazing shot to help send it to overtime. They were down 5 with like 20 seconds left. He got fouled in the corner and threw up an insane shot and made it (and then made the following free throw).

One of the best shots I've ever seen
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video of the Durant play:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E7F04006CE1070218593872105472_2e9d77707a3.0.0.6336466447320572895.mp4?versionId=_njbPdX.oT3.AlE.It_LweKGKJXs7rxh

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread poll saddens me.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Video of the Durant play:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E7F04006CE1070218593872105472_2e9d77707a3.0.0.6336466447320572895.mp4?versionId=_njbPdX.oT3.AlE.It_LweKGKJXs7rxh

Yup, that will be on sports centre.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 7 games for Matt Cooke is a disgrace. I don't care how long it's been since his last suspension 7 games simply isn't enough. His last suspension was 17 games.

2. Tonight has featured some bad goaltending. MAF sucked and Anderson has let in 2 softies.

SV% simply doesn't matter. Its SV% on scoring chances that's important.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why'd we bench Howard? I know he hasn't been playing great, but Gustafson (sp) is playing terrible to start this game (other than the lucky save with his paddle)

Said the day after the Thanksgiving game.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
why'd we bench Howard? I know he hasn't been playing great, but Gustafson (sp) is playing terrible to start this game (other than the lucky save with his paddle)

He has the flu.

Regardless he's played like crap. His save percentage on scoring chances is about .805.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 73 of 100

Jump to: