Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OILCHIEF's Mockdraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
Latimer or the best WR who will fall to this spot.

Mayock (I think) has us taking Latimer in the first. I don't think there is any chance Latimer or Landry make it to the third round.

I was going off cbs rankings just because they are the more comprehensive.

Someone is going to fall. It sounds like everyone is rising right now but there just isn't enough openings for WR's in the league to warrant that many high picks

Tamba Hali
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBJ3, Gaines, and Gardner are A+ picks, IMHO.

Nit-picking :

I doubt OBJ3 is available at 23.

I doubt Gaines is even there at 87... and I would like KC to draft a single-high S over another CB.

Not liking the value of Leno in rd 4. I;d think KC can do better... Chris Watt from ND? Trai Turner from LSU? Even sliding Mike Schofield from UM or James Hurst from NC inside?

Gardner was down to 262 lbs at his pro day, and convinced me that he could play OLB in similar fashion to how Hali plays. Since KC has Catapano bulked for DE, I think Gardner should play rush LB. I have my doubts about him making it out of the 5th rd though.

KPL is an interesting choice... and might be a good option in the 3 safety looks that KC runs. Still missing a very good single-high S though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
Latimer or the best WR who will fall to this spot.

Mayock (I think) has us taking Latimer in the first. I don't think there is any chance Latimer or Landry make it to the third round.

No, that was McShay and Steve Muench. I really like Latimer, but #23 is too rich for him, IMHO. Still couldn't hate the pick, and would be optimistic.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/4/10/5601254/todd-mcshay-updated-mock-draft-kansas-city-chiefs

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/5143/chiefs-should-be-happy-with-this-draft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
OBJ3, Gaines, and Gardner are A+ picks, IMHO.

Nit-picking :

I doubt OBJ3 is available at 23.

I doubt Gaines is even there at 87... and I would like KC to draft a single-high S over another CB.

Not liking the value of Leno in rd 4. I;d think KC can do better... Chris Watt from ND? Trai Turner from LSU? Even sliding Mike Schofield from UM or James Hurst from NC inside?

Gardner was down to 262 lbs at his pro day, and convinced me that he could play OLB in similar fashion to how Hali plays. Since KC has Catapano bulked for DE, I think Gardner should play rush LB. I have my doubts about him making it out of the 5th rd though.

KPL is an interesting choice... and might be a good option in the 3 safety looks that KC runs. Still missing a very good single-high S though.

Love the feedback!

I did a little research on the guys you mentioned.

Watt seems like a classic guy that can come in and do the job. However, I'm looking for guys who can take it to the next level. Watt just doesn't seem to have the athleticism to ever be more than an average starter.

Turner seems more athletic but still his shuttle and 3 cone are pretty slow. Would he fit on this oline with the lack of agility? 40 time is an impressive despite it not meaning much.

Schofield doesn't impress me much with his numbers and Hurst hasn't done as drills due to his injury it seems.

The reason I chose Leno is because he was impressive across the board in his drills showing great athleticism, has a lot of experience and he doesn't relly have anything that would hold him back.

I also see Gardner as a OLB. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hope we take him. In the 6th or earlier if need be.

KPL is a developmental guy but he has all the tools. He's already heavier than Jordan was so size won't be an issue. I think you're exactly right with his role in year 1. Sub Linebacker that isn't counted on to stop the run straight out of the draft.

I wanted to add a safety in my draft somewhere but the only one I have much confidence in is Jimmie Ward but I feel he is too much of a reach at #23 and he surely wont be there at #87.

Thanks for the comments!

Tamba Hali
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

Sure thing. I find myself to be a big Chiefs fan these days after watching all of the games as last year progressed.

( not life-long fans like you guys, so no disrespect )

As for 40 times and other drill results, I wouldn't focus much on them.. especially for OL. It's obviously great to have an OL that can run like a gazelle outside on screens and pulls... but ultimately, KC needs an OL that can drive open a run lane and keep the QB clean. Anything else is just whip-cream on top. It's not as if Schwartz or Allen looked all that athletic last year, am I right?. Not thinking KC is in perfect conditions to demand the perfect OG.

Anyway... GO CHIEFS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

Sure thing. I find myself to be a big Chiefs fan these days after watching all of the games as last year progressed.

( not life-long fans like you guys, so no disrespect )

As for 40 times and other drill results, I wouldn't focus much on them.. especially for OL. It's obviously great to have an OL that can run like a gazelle outside on screens and pulls... but ultimately, KC needs an OL that can drive open a run lane and keep the QB clean. Anything else is just whip-cream on top. It's not as if Schwartz or Allen looked all that athletic last year, am I right?. Not thinking KC is in perfect conditions to demand the perfect OG.

Anyway... GO CHIEFS!

Yeah I don't focus much on 40 times. 10 yard splits would give much more information on what you want you Oline to do.

I look at the combine as a great way to find out how athletic guys are. If you are feeling up to it go check out all the best centers. Look at their shuttle times and almost all of them are between 4.4 and 4.5. As it goes down the less likely you are to dominate a a center. Obviously a straight number won't tell much as I'd rather a guy a 330 pounds who runs a 4.55 then a 300 pound guys who runs a 4.45.

Combine brings a lot to my evaluations. I'm just careful in what I use to evaluate and how I evaluate.

Schwartz is a decent athlete for his size but he fits best in a power scheme and Allen, IMO, will never be a great guard. He hasn't shown much yet.

We do have have a few holes and beggars can't be choosers but I think once you start drafting to fill needs instead of try to find the very best players you are doing your future team a disservice.

Tamba Hali

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: