Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Free Agent Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Ian Rapoport:

Quote:
Safety Major Wright has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the #Bucs, source says.

Wish it was for 2 or 3 years but i like it alot
He's taking a one year prove it deal, b/c this was supposed to be his big pay day, then the DL and Chris Conte decided to be horribad.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutley 100% stoked we didn't pursue Desean Jackson.
Quote:
“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.
“Yes, you can say he was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss—everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it—did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one.”
Why didn’t Andy Reid or Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets’ offensive coordinator, want any part of Jackson before he signed a three-year, $24-million contract with the Redskins on Wednesday?
They apparently knew the potential headache Jackson was.
Kelly received some culpability in the opinion of some. But numerous sources confirmed that “Big Balls” Chip should have been canonized St. Chip after putting up with the instigating Jackson in 2013.
“You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source said. “I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in ‘D-Jax world’ and we just happened to be there.
“With Reid, [Jackson] tried pushing boundaries there, too, but he looked at Reid, I think, much differently than he looked at [Kelly]. Reid came in with an NFL pedigree. He was the guy that drafted [Jackson]. He was the one that called him on draft day and laid the law down right then: [Reid] wouldn’t tolerate any outside interference from anyone. Now you get this college guy [Kelly] and he’s not going to tell [Jackson] what to do. [Kelly] has a vision for this team—and he is a very old-school coach in a lot of ways. But there’s only so much [a coach] can take.”
In 2012, under Reid, Eagles’ management did reward Jackson a new five-year deal worth $48 million. He did have some minor flare ups with the law. In 2009, Jackson was pulled over by police for having illegally tinted windows and it was discovered he had marijuana in the car.
Still, Jackson stayed.
“That was all [Reid’s] doing,” opined someone close to the situation that asked that his name not be used. “[Reid] thought he could control [Jackson]. He could, to a degree. Kelly put up with [Jackson] behind closed doors. A lot of guys didn’t like how he talked to [Kelly]. And a lot of guys just didn’t like him. They thought he was too into his rap label than he was about winning games. The guy performed, there’s no questioning that. But you had to keep a constant eye on him. Guys put in extra time. He didn’t. It’s like he never grew up.”
Asked why the Eagles have been reluctant to go public with how difficult Jackson was to deal with, sources said Kelly likes to keep in-house dirt in-house.
“That’s [Kelly’s] way,” said one source. “It pisses me off that [Kelly] comes off looking like the bad guy here. It wasn’t just [Kelly] that wanted him gone. [Kelly] got a lot of feedback from guys that felt we were better off without [Jackson], too. [Kelly] is very much a player’s coach. His office is open to anyone. Now [Jackson] is the Redskins’ problem. We have something good going here and it’s going to get better without [Jackson]. He had to go.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/04/04/sources-desean-jackson-was-a-problem-for-kelly-eagles-in-locker-room/#.Uz7x1OAoVgk.twitter

Enjoy to those of you who wanted him.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Said one source"

"Another source said"

"Said one source"

Applause

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I'm sure the writer made it all up risk tarnishing his career and any credibility he has. Obviously it wasn't bc the players interviewed wanted their names to be anonymous.

Rolling Eyes Brick wall d'oh!
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard before that he had a "Keyshawn Johnson" type of attitude, but this is the first time that I have seen it all described like this. Good luck Jay Gruden.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day of OTAs for the skins. Desean Jackson takes vacation and misses first week. Posts pictures on Instagram as well.

Again gladly we didn't sign this dip ****

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pvsports9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
You're right. I'm sure the writer made it all up risk tarnishing his career and any credibility he has. Obviously it wasn't bc the players interviewed wanted their names to be anonymous.

Rolling Eyes Brick wall d'oh!

Sincerely,

Shattered Glass

haha
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
First day of OTAs for the skins. Desean Jackson takes vacation and misses first week. Posts pictures on Instagram as well.

Again gladly we didn't sign this dip ****

I mean you do realize he probably planned this way before he was cut by the eagles and communicated this with the Redskins when he was signed....

I mean there's only a few routes that Desean runs, how hard is it going for him to be to learn when he's running a go or a post?

Once again overreactions

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs signed Levelle Hawkins.... haven't really heard him do much since his rookie season but oh well it's depth
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly would not mind giving Miles Austin a look if we don't manage to draft a WR in the first three rounds.

Jackson-Austin-Murphy-Hawkins

Lets be honest Austin really isn't that much of a downgrade to M-Will anyway, its just that guy is always hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88
Page 88 of 88

Jump to: