Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shawne Merriman Signs.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Shawne Merriman Signs..... Reply with quote

With the WWE

Rotoworld wrote:
Retired LB Shawne Merriman has reportedly been hired to wrestle for WWE.
Greeted by a frigid market, Merriman "retired" in March 2013, but was stumping to play again by July. He ended up going unsigned for 2013, and has made just 18 appearances since 2009. Merriman turns 30 next month. As if it wasn't clear already, his football career is over.

Wonder if he'll incorporate his dance into his finisher?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How silly would it be to say he had a top 8 peak of any outside rusher? Although I started liking football when he was peaking, so I may have been highly impressionable at the time...
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
How silly would it be to say he had a top 8 peak of any outside rusher? Although I started liking football when he was peaking, so I may have been highly impressionable at the time...

Not as silly as most people are going to think. At his best, he had 17 sacks in 12 games or something like that...If he lasted 3-5 more years like that, he'd be up there with the all time bests.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

Not as silly as most people are going to think. At his best, he had 17 sacks in 12 games or something like that...If he lasted 3-5 more years like that, he'd be up there with the all time bests.

It annoys me when people say his dropoff was cuz he got off steroids. I always thought it was clear that blowing out his achilles (an injury that historically destroys a player's explosiveness) is what did him in.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merriman and Von Miller. Two players that were special but an injury derailed their march to the hall of fame.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von can still march to the HOF...

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Von can still march to the HOF...

Could but I wouldn't bet on it. Injuries and maturity issues will lead him down Shawnes path I'm afraid; which sucks, all the ball skills to be an all time great.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

It annoys me when people say his dropoff was cuz he got off steroids. I always thought it was clear that blowing out his achilles (an injury that historically destroys a player's explosiveness) is what did him in.

People that say that have no idea what they are talking about. It was pretty clearly injuries that did him in and nothing else.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandiegoraider1 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

People that say that have no idea what they are talking about. It was pretty clearly injuries that did him in and nothing else.

I think the biggest thing that the Steroids did for him was in fact keep the wear and tear from getting to him. When he stoped using steroids, he was used to being able to avoid a lot of self preservation stuff that most football players used, and while he could stay alright for a season, the muscles and possibly tendons/ligaments getting weaker and the lack of self preservation treatment of little things lead to his injury IMO. I know a lot of people dont look at it that way, but that's just the athletic trainer in me speaking....lol

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, he was just an idiot for not getting surgery done in the offseason.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: