Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Philip Rivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
itisthumper


Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 29
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers will bounce back this year and be elite again with Norvy gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPPT1974


Joined: 01 Aug 2013
Posts: 63
Location: Seymour TN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did awesome in the playoffs. But Denver and even New England will be challenging for the team.
_________________
NFL Camps Are Here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NFLguy2014


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 20
Location: Lawrenceburg, TN
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- What do you think of Philip Rivers right now? Agree/Disagree his skillset is declining?

I don't believe that his skillset is declining. He's finally got people back around him that are great players, and he's on a role. Not much can stop him. I had the opp to meet with him, I know his mother and family personally, and he's a smart guy. Tough, durable. I'll probably be working out with him one of these days to improve my WR skill-set.

- Do you think you should begin to look at developmental replacement prospects for him? Not now. I don't mind the Chargers getting a backup, because he's been healthy for a long time, and defenses are going to start taking shots at him. But a potential replacement, I don't believe they should begin looking for one until 2016 or so.

- How much time do you believe he has left as a starting QB in San Diego?

I think he has at least 3 years. I'd think up to 5, but personally, I think SD is going to win the Super Bowl this year.

- Who would you like as an eventual placement (either specific QBs, or a type of QB)?
I think a smart QB with the skillset of Alex Smith would be a great fit in SD.
_________________
Go Philip Rivers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24432
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLguy2014 wrote:
- What do you think of Philip Rivers right now? Agree/Disagree his skillset is declining?

I don't believe that his skillset is declining. He's finally got people back around him that are great players, and he's on a role. Not much can stop him. I had the opp to meet with him, I know his mother and family personally, and he's a smart guy. Tough, durable. I'll probably be working out with him one of these days to improve my WR skill-set.

- Do you think you should begin to look at developmental replacement prospects for him? Not now. I don't mind the Chargers getting a backup, because he's been healthy for a long time, and defenses are going to start taking shots at him. But a potential replacement, I don't believe they should begin looking for one until 2016 or so.

- How much time do you believe he has left as a starting QB in San Diego?

I think he has at least 3 years. I'd think up to 5, but personally, I think SD is going to win the Super Bowl this year.

- Who would you like as an eventual placement (either specific QBs, or a type of QB)?
I think a smart QB with the skillset of Alex Smith would be a great fit in SD.


No.

Nonononononononononononononono.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 663
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that Alex Smith is bad, but all I can think about when reading that is Boltstrikes' sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20580
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers rebounded & Schaub finished his collapse

50%

better than most NFL GMs

hire me
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 22859
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Rivers rebounded & Schaub finished his collapse

50%

better than most NFL GMs

hire me

You had to dig up this thread? I hate you.

Now I have to be reminded of how I actually thought I saw moldable qualities in Braxton Miller.

I'm going to go find a nice bridge to jump off now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20580
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Rivers rebounded & Schaub finished his collapse

50%

better than most NFL GMs

hire me

You had to dig up this thread? I hate you.

Now I have to be reminded of how I actually thought I saw moldable qualities in Braxton Miller.

I'm going to go find a nice bridge to jump off now.


other people bumped it first then it stayed on your front page and I saw it so blame your FF fans!
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6006
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith had an amazing year though.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group