Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

broncos67 mock draft v.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: broncos67 mock draft v.2 Reply with quote

Figured I'd give this another go after FA has finished.

Round 1-

Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

I could see Denver falling in love with Fuller. He's a physical CB with some size who is tough as nails on the field. He's a fairly good tackler and can play inside or outside, which will be crucial in this defense. I could see him going a bit higher, but I think the pick makes sense.

Round 2-

Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

Allegedly we're working him out, and I think he's the type of WR who will eventually flourish here. Big and nimble, he compares to John Gordon and has deceptive deep speed. Some of his issues are mental in nature, specifically his drops, which seem to be more a function of him letting the balls come to him. He'll have the benefit of lower expectations and training time, but his ability to get deep could be an asset and the sky is the limit talent-wise.

Round 3-

Jordan Zumwalt, LB, UCLA

I'm not sure that Zumwalt lasts this long, but we'll see. Regardless, he's a guy I'd like in the middle of our defense. A violent player with an unstoppable motor, Zumwalt hits like a ton of bricks and is the type of nasty this team needs. He will need to be coached on how to properly hit sometimes, but he'll be a force where we need it.

Round 4-

Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson

I could see Denver making this pick, even trading up to do so. Yes, Thomas suffered a torn ACL, but with the flexibility on the line, Denver can make this pick for the future and let Thomas get healthy. Originally a college OT, Thomas is all but certain to shift inside. He's got a ton of talent and was a possible first rounder, but definite Top 50 lock pre injury. Denver takes a chance here.

Round 5-

TRADE- Denver trades late 5th and 6th to move up to the top of the 5th round.

Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming

I can see Denver doing what they need to do to get Smith in orange and blue, even if it means a trade. Brett Smith, IMO is a complete steal and frankly could be better than Osweiler. If Smith played somewhere that wasn't Wyoming, we're having a different conversation. We've brought him in twice now. He's absolutely on Denver's radar.

Round 7-

IK Enemkpali, DE, Louisiana Tech

I've seen this guy play twice in my life, but I think he's getting slept on in this draft. He's got a little bit of the tweener feel to him, but he racked up pretty good numbers in his time at LaTech. A powerful, athletic dude, he may be able to contribute in a rotational setting. Issues are that he may also lack a true position in this league given his frame. Denver takes a flier.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it, but don't see either Fuller or Moncrief being available when we pick. Fuller has a chance to go before Gilbert or Dennard. Moncrief is quickly rising too. He looks like a top 50 pick right now.

Not a Zumwalt fan myself. Too stiff in coverage and lacks the strength to dominate inside. There are better options.

Thomas isn't a bad pick, but don't think he can contribute this year. Not the worst case scenario to stash a draft pick on IR.

I don't like trading up for Smith. Taking late round development QB's is fine, but using other picks to get them is too much investment in my mind.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Winder. Eagles love Fuller he might end up going 22. And Moncrief night crack the first

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
broncodad313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be a great draft love Fuller
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dats it man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
I don't hate it, but don't see either Fuller or Moncrief being available when we pick. Fuller has a chance to go before Gilbert or Dennard. Moncrief is quickly rising too. He looks like a top 50 pick right now.

Not a Zumwalt fan myself. Too stiff in coverage and lacks the strength to dominate inside. There are better options.

Thomas isn't a bad pick, but don't think he can contribute this year. Not the worst case scenario to stash a draft pick on IR.

I don't like trading up for Smith. Taking late round development QB's is fine, but using other picks to get them is too much investment in my mind.

I definitely don't see Fuller going before Gilbert. Gilbert could be in or just outside the Top 10. Fuller won't go that high. It's possible he's not there but it's not certain.

Moncrief I could agree, but given the depth of the WR position in this draft it's up in the air as to who goes where.

I can see your concerns about Zumwalt. Personally, I don't think he's a superb player, but the attitude and intensity he brings seems like something Elway will covet.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems very realistic according to reports of player the Broncos have brought in for workouts and needs of this team.

Whether realistic or not, I'm on board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: