Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 2014 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage1331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: My 2014 Mock Draft Reply with quote

1.) Bradley Roby CB OSU- Gilbert and Dennard are the pick if they are there, but I don't see them falling to us. That leaves one of Roby, Verret, and Fuller for the picking... Leon is a huge question mark after his second Achilles surgery, Newman is 35 and slowing way down, and pacman is average at best anymore. Roby had a down year, but he is still an incredible option at CB. He's very fast, average size for the position, and anyone who has watched him play, knows that he is really good in run support.

2.) Marcus Martin C USC- Martin is the best Center in the draft, and we could use an upgrade there! Getting rid of cook was the best thing that could've happened for us, and I just don't buy the idea of Pollak being the answer for us a C!

3.) Joel Bitonio T/G Nevada- start him at LG and let him learn the speed of the game. As soon as big whit is done, kick Bitonio out to MY.

4.) Jordan Tripp OLB Montana- this kid is a freak athlete that will be a special teams demon from day one. He will also be good injury insurance and maybe even push for time on the strong side.

5.) Aaron Lynch DE USF- was once a top d line prospect and was playing the part of a top prospect his freshman year at Notre Dame. Transferred to USF, and his play dropped off significantly... His size and measurables are very much like MJ93s... Let's hope we can get him to play like him!

6a.) DeAnthony Thomas WR/KR/PR/RB Oregon- I think the fact that we considered matching Cleveland for babay hawk isn't just indicative of his.play, but how we value the position that he played! Thomas looks like a clone of Hawkins!

6b. Aaron Colvin CB/IR Oklahoma- we can afford to allow Colvin a red shirt his rookie year,but look out next year! I like the sound of Kirkpatrick, Roby, and Colvin as our 3 deep for 2015!

7a.) Storm Johnson RB UCF- Storm has incredible size and speed. He was another highly touted prospect that ended up just playing OK after a school transfer... I would lime to see anyone make BJGE expendable!

7b.) Logan Thomas QB VT- sorry guys, but Andy is our QB... He give us our best shot regardless of your arguments. But Logan Thomas has awesome size and could push for a spot on th PS!
DatDudeKB3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High ceiling, low floor. Risky pick that I would be fine with (bigger Roby supporter than most), but I'd rather go Verrett if he's on the board

Prefer Richburg. Martin isn't ready to play right away. Offers good potential though.

Don't think he makes it here. Love it though. I'd take him a 55.

Like Tripp. Good pick, even though I don't think grabbing a mid-round backer is necessary.

Boom or bust, I'm leaning towards bust. I'd rather grab a DE earlier as well. With all that being said, I'd take gamble on him here, good pick.

Good pick if he's on the board.

Good pick, sit him for a year and we have a 2nd round talent if he recovers properly. He'll go in the 4th or 5th imo though, along with Brandon Thomas (who tore his ACL last week, expecting to see him in future mocks haha)

Doubt he's here, I'd LOVE it though. Spoiler alert, he's the 5th round pick in my next mock.

Would rather grab a QB earlier. I'd be good with Thomas here, though I expect a team to gamble on his upside in the 4th-5th range.

Last edited by DatDudeKB3 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Martin in the 2nd. I like the Lynch pick and Thomas would be awesome IMO. I dont see Storm being around that late. I am Ok with Thomas since he can sit and wait

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan, to be honest.

- Don't like Roby in the 1st. I have no idea why so many Bengal fans feel we HAVE to take a CB in the 1st round. I honestly don't get it. We do need a young CB but do you see a rookie (other than Gilbert/Dennard) taking away time from Hall, Newman, Jones, and Kirkpatrick next season? I don't. I will say that I'd rather have Roby than Verrett or Fuller though.

- I think the Bengals are set on going with Pollack at center. We clearly need a lineman in the first three rounds though.

- Don't like using two of our first three picks on the OL or the idea of starting two rookies next season. I'd like the pick more if you went another route in round 2.

- I really like Tripp. Good pick.

- I really can't stand Lynch and hate the pick. I don't think he'll ever live up to his potential; he sure as hell didn't in college. I wouldn't be shocked if he's out of the league in three years. The dedication just isn't there.

- Thomas would be a great pick in the 6th round. Not sure he slips this far though.

- Colvin would be okay in the 6th I suppose, but I don't like the fact he won't be able to contribute as a rookie.

- I don't know anything about Johnson but I won't be upset if we wait until the 7th to draft a RB, or ignore it completely.

- Logan Thomas is terrible. He simply isn't a QB. Great size and a cannon for an arm but he throws it to the guys in the wrong jersey far to often. I disagree with your assessment at QB. I agree that Dalton gives us the best chance to win next season but we need to draft a mid-round QB to groom. The vast majority of us have serious doubts about Dalton's ability to be the long-term answer at QB, and we need to develop some sort of contingency plan in case Dalton doesn't pan out next season. Logan Thomas isn't that contingency plan. He'll probably have to move to TE if he wants to stick in the NFL.
kage1331

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about the Bengals of new, is that not everyone had to come in, start, and change the franchise in year one. Pollack hasn't played center since he was in college, and he has a penchant for getting injured... And I think everyone feels we should go CB with the first pick because it's a premier position that is easily evaluated on film. We get decimated by injuries at the position every year. We will be incredibly lucky if Hall plays another down! I'm not saying he can't or won't, but recovering from an Achilles surgery at a position lik CB is incredibly impressive! He is an anomaly, and I don't think he will be very good after tearing both... The other 2 are dinosaurs and Dre is just coming on... CB has to be our first pick
wrminning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kage1331 wrote:
The best part about the Bengals of new, is that not everyone had to come in, start, and change the franchise in year one. Pollack hasn't played center since he was in college, and he has a penchant for getting injured... And I think everyone feels we should go CB with the first pick because it's a premier position that is easily evaluated on film. We get decimated by injuries at the position every year. We will be incredibly lucky if Hall plays another down! I'm not saying he can't or won't, but recovering from an Achilles surgery at a position lik CB is incredibly impressive! He is an anomaly, and I don't think he will be very good after tearing both... The other 2 are dinosaurs and Dre is just coming on... CB has to be our first pick

Roby = Taylor Mays = Bust
Great size, great speed, poor awareness, likes to gamble and gets caught flat footed, Roby isn't good at man to man fit for Bengals. I think we are better off with a second round CB, I see us going for a Guard or trading up to the early second.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kage1331 wrote:

I simply disagree with you, especially on your last statement. It doesn't HAVE to be our 1st pick. No position for any team HAS to be their first pick. The best teams tend to go BPA in the draft, not reach for a lesser prospect just because it's a perceived need.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Martin a lot, and have mocked him myself once or twice. But I don't think they would have cut Cook if they didn't feel good about Pollak. So I don't think we will draft a center. But if we do, Martin is the one I want.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB needs to be a lot higher still. Until Dalton gets an extension otherwise, They can still afford to draft a young future backup QB.

LB should not be a high draft need. They are loaded with options there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: