Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hokie Mock 3.0; 2 round mock with Bengals picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
If the Browns first 2 rounds look like this, I think they instantly jump into competing for the divisional crown. They will probably have the most talent on offense, they would just be incredibly.

From two rookies? That seems premature. They were a disaster on offense last year...

Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon would instantly be the best tandem of WR's in the NFL. All they need is a QB, if they get Carr, I think that solves that issue. Plus getting one of the top OT in the draft? Yes, I would say their offensive talent would be tops in the AFCN... Defense was never an issue for them. I could certainly see them compete for the division either this year or next if the first 2 rounds fell like this.

I mean, it's possible. That just seems rash given that 50% of first rounders are busts, and the hit rate gets worse the later you go.

If that's your opinion of those prospects, that's fine. It just doesn't scare me one bit.

IMO the Steelers and Ravens still have a better shot at righting the ship than the Browns do. They at least have proven talent on offense outside of one guy. (and let's be real here: Gordon is great, but his stats are going to regress, and he leaves a lot to be desired as a blocker)

What makes you so sure that Gordon is going to regress? He has one of the best TE's in football, will have a much more stable QB situation and a monster like Watkins across from him. Besides all of that going for him, he is in his prime. Usually players do not regress in their prime without some outside variable. In this scenario, things seem to suggest he would only get better...

Statistically he could improve, but most guys who post monster statistical years go on to have lesser years the next year. I'm just playing the odds. And i'm not saying he's going to get worse so much as i don't think the same kind of ridiculous numbers will be there. There's a difference.

I know there are other factors that say there's no way he can't post 1800 yards and 15 TD's, but i sincerely doubt they all hold. Football has a way of bringing great players back to earth. Gordon had some things going for him last year - lack of proven options around him, Cameron doing almost nothing in the second half of the season, always playing from behind. I mean the offense was almost literally "chuck it deep to Gordon". I'm taking the under on 1646 yards. I'll take a push on the TD's. So call it 92 catches, 1412 yards, 9 TD's.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: