Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Free Agent Landing Spot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7188
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Barber was a good back up RB. People just can't forget that one play.

Barber did exactly what he was brought in to do, which was spare Matt Forte a beating down near the goal line. And Forte went to the Pro Bowl that year.

Remember when Ron Turner tried to make Jason McKie the goal line back? Shocked
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19366
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Barber was a good back up RB. People just can't forget that one play.

Barber did exactly what he was brought in to do, which was spare Matt Forte a beating down near the goal line. And Forte went to the Pro Bowl that year.

Remember when Ron Turner tried to make Jason McKie the goal line back? Shocked


Well...Ron Turner also liked running Wolfe right into Pat"Planet"Williams.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7188
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
Barber was a good back up RB. People just can't forget that one play.

Barber did exactly what he was brought in to do, which was spare Matt Forte a beating down near the goal line. And Forte went to the Pro Bowl that year.

Remember when Ron Turner tried to make Jason McKie the goal line back? Shocked


Well...Ron Turner also liked running Wolfe right into Pat"Planet"Williams.

Ugh, Garrett Wolfe. Loved him at NIU, but two things are astonishing to me: that he was drafted in the third round, and that they couldn't find any role for him on offense, even as a gadget/screen guy.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1184
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bears claimed WR Josh Bellamy off waivers from the Redskins.
A 2012 undrafted free agent, Bellamy appeared in five games for the Redskins last season as a special teamer. He'll compete for one of the final spots on the Bears' 53-man roster


with what little depth we have at WR, you have to be able to play ST. He will compete with Weems, Hixon, Tolliver, plus everyone else besides marshall/jeffrey/wilson to make the backend of the roster.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 24 |Sacks: 1.5 | TFL: 2 | FR | FF: 1 | PD: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 809
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
Quote:
Bears claimed WR Josh Bellamy off waivers from the Redskins.
A 2012 undrafted free agent, Bellamy appeared in five games for the Redskins last season as a special teamer. He'll compete for one of the final spots on the Bears' 53-man roster


with what little depth we have at WR, you have to be able to play ST. He will compete with Weems, Hixon, Tolliver, plus everyone else besides marshall/jeffrey/wilson to make the backend of the roster.


Also was in the draft class recruited by Phil Emery at KC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krAd6cUkzQA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can make another nice signing or two after these next wave of cuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/15/rams-waive-daryl-richardson/ Could be a good #3 RB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsfan323


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 527
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/15/rams-waive-daryl-richardson/ Could be a good #3 RB.

I concur. Richardson has averaged north of 4 ypc in his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jspiel24


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 6841
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/15/rams-waive-daryl-richardson/ Could be a good #3 RB.

I concur. Richardson has averaged north of 4 ypc in his career.


I doubt he'd sign somewhere to be the 3rd guy, but who knows.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/16/browns-release-greg-little/

Greg Little was released. I think he would be a good fit as a #3-#5 WR. I think he can make our team and have a role. He drops a lot of passes but seems to more lack concentration on deeper balls. Use him as he should as a pure underneath guy and he's a solid addition. With our WCO and his hard work I would be all for him here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1184
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt Lyerla is in Green Bay participating in their Rookie Minicamp Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 24 |Sacks: 1.5 | TFL: 2 | FR | FF: 1 | PD: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5669
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
Colt Lyerla is in Green Bay participating in their Rookie Minicamp Evil or Very Mad
Rich getting richer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5338
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Colt Lyerla is in Green Bay participating in their Rookie Minicamp Evil or Very Mad
Rich getting richer.


There must be a legitimate reason and concern why 31 other teams passed on him in the draft and didn't sign him as an undrafted free agent. I think it's more to do with the fact that Pack are desperate for any kind of TE help. I doubt he sticks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MidwestMonsters


Joined: 16 Feb 2014
Posts: 84
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Colt Lyerla is in Green Bay participating in their Rookie Minicamp Evil or Very Mad
Rich getting richer.


There must be a legitimate reason and concern why 31 other teams passed on him in the draft and didn't sign him as an undrafted free agent. I think it's more to do with the fact that Pack are desperate for any kind of TE help. I doubt he sticks.


Mainly due to off the field issues. Dude has unlimited potential. Add his QB being Aaron Rodgers, this move, IMO is essentially a Burfict type situation. This dude is going to be a headache
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidwestMonsters wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
HuskieBear wrote:
Colt Lyerla is in Green Bay participating in their Rookie Minicamp Evil or Very Mad
Rich getting richer.


There must be a legitimate reason and concern why 31 other teams passed on him in the draft and didn't sign him as an undrafted free agent. I think it's more to do with the fact that Pack are desperate for any kind of TE help. I doubt he sticks.


Mainly due to off the field issues. Dude has unlimited potential. Add his QB being Aaron Rodgers, this move, IMO is essentially a Burfict type situation. This dude is going to be a headache



Burfict wasn't a coke-head.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group