Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DT's Mock.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: DT's Mock.1 Reply with quote

Alright, so I've been kicking around the idea of putting a mock together based off of what I think KC should do, and what I am hoping is realistic. Now I am aware for the record that those may not be the same thing.

I'll tack on a couple of FA moves I'd like us to make, but in reality I think we'll likely wait until the draft at this point, then see where our team needs stack up. Then make a move or two after June 1 cuts.

But, anyway here goes.

Sign Thomas DeCoud - Still young, lots of upside coming off a bad year. I could see him as a one year veteran guy who could start or push Commings. This is me being nervous about the unproven Commings, and nervous about injury stuff. Plus, arguably one of our biggest needs. Creates flexibility in the draft.

I tweeted Daryn Colledge and asked him what it would take for him to come play with his boy the Shermanator in KC. He tweeted back, a phone call. I'll add him too as a veteran guard who can play both positions and C in a pinch.

I think those 2 FA moves really really free up our draft possibilities. After completing my draft, through a short analysis on players I know I've ignored the DL until late which seems unlikely in the real world, though I fully expect us to add a veteran or two after June 1. I really wanted to but the man/bear Shade Tree McCullers to us in the 4th, but I was trying to not be a total homer for KC.

Round 1 pick 23 Traded to Cleveland in exchange for pick 26 and pick 71. Cleveland knows that SD (where Rivers isn't getting any younger) and Cincy (Where the Red Rocket has yet to be extended) are sitting behind us and get nervous about being able to snag the QB they passed at 4. KC picks up an additional pick to slide back just a few spots.

Round 1 pick 26 - Odell Beckham Jr. I'm seeing a lot of press about the Jets and Eagles being interested in the combination of Cooks and Lee is some order. By a stroke of luck ODB falls to us.

I've been preaching about ODB for a while. Great speed, long arms, big hands, strong and with a good vertical. It can't be overlooked how well this guy catches the ball. Something KC sorely needs. Leads to Donnie Avery being expendable after June 1 if we're hurting for cap room.

Round 2...snooze fest. At least Alex has been playing well. With 2 3rd round picks we could consider moving up, but I doubt it. Unless someone would really drop.

Round 3 pick 71 - Joel Bitonio G/T from Nevada. A versatile lineman to challenge basically any position, but I see him taking the RG spot.

Round 3 pick 87 - Pierre Desir - Another big bodied (6'1") CB that Dorsey likes. Adds depth to a position where we have strength, but were slammed hard in the late season. Security in case Cooper doesn't keep moving forward, and Commings stays at FS.

Round 4 pick - 124 - Dri Archer WR/RB - Reid and Dorsey see in Archer what Pioli saw in McCluster, only they don't blow a 2nd round pick on him, and Archer is faster.

Round 5 pick -163- David Fales - San Jose State - Reid likes to flip QBs. Taking Fales makes sense in that sense, and allows the removal of Daniels' ridiculous contract. They've seen enough of Bray to think he can play, but adding Fales to learn from Reid could be huge down the road.

Round 6 pick - 193 - DE/OLB Shaquil Barrett should fight for PT with Zombo, provide some pass rush from the outside and help special teams. What more can you ask from a 6th round pick?

Round 6 pick - 200 - Adrian Hubbard OLB -Bama. Stock drop off after an outstanding sophmore year leads to his stock falling. Solid all around player with outstanding size. This is a guy who could come booming back onto the seen with good coaching, something it seems our LBs have.

Well there you have it gents. Some FAs I think we could take a look at after the draft (maybe before include Sidney Rice (too much talent to not look), Jason Avant (could run the offense in his sleep, could see this move if we decide Hemingway hasn't made big enough strides or Jenkins just isn't good enough). Anthony Spencer (DE), Brett Keisel (Bring in his beard to compete with McGrath's, Keisel can compete for DE), Johnny Jolly (DT/DE) and Aubrayo Franklin (DT).

Now, let's have it.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but im gonna bet Archer goes way before everyone thinks. Im saying second round.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers traded form 31 to 18 for pick 74 last year
theres no way you trade back 3 spots and pick up 71

i like the draft for the most part though for you guys

new sig... sorry alex
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
49ers traded form 31 to 18 for pick 74 last year
theres no way you trade back 3 spots and pick up 71

i like the draft for the most part though for you guys

You can't really compare compensation in that trade last year to this year. Value of compensation changes with every draft pick regardless of the point value chart.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the possibility of Fales in late rounds if he lasts. Fits really well with Andy Reid.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, yeah I thought him or Logan Thomas could be someone Reid would see as a potential starter down the road or upgrading a pick down the road. It's hard to think about taking a QB when we have needs, but at that point I think we will be going BPA (while earlier rounds would be guided by need/BPA), and for that I wouldn't be shocked if Andy saw QB as a BPA and tried to hit on one.
Flexx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your draft, although I would take Herron over Archer. Very good speed, better hands and better separation.
BTW, check Avant off your FA list. Just signed w/the Panthers.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx, yeah, sucks about Avant, but he was never going to be a difference maker for us. That's why I think the draft is our answer for a WR.

I'm not really a fan of Herron, but I'll look at him some more. It's pretty hard not to like Dri when you watch the highlights.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: