Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A-Dub to reunite with Cardinals???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we Sign A-Dub?
Hell yes!!!!!!!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Hell no!!!!!!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

holeman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: A-Dub to reunite with Cardinals??? Reply with quote

basic summary of him: A-Dub = Adrian Wilson, SS, was with Arizona for a good amount of time and was a Pro Bowler while with us, has good size at 6'3"...

so I heard that Adrian Wilson was released by the Patriots a couple days ago as he was a cap casualty, he also was a bit of a disappointment in 2013. the thing about him that he "lost his legs." personally I think that he should be given another chance chance, a 1 year 2M$ (.5M guaranteed) deal sounds like a order, he can contribute by helping cover TE's (which, for the most part are not super fast). he can also help us by busting the trenches wide open as his run defense was not that bad last year.

ideas? opinions? comments?

Last edited by holeman1 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your homework. A-Dub was poor in coverage last year? He got injured in preseason. Didn't play a single down for the Patriots last season as he was on injured reserve.

Pay him 2 million? He wasn't even averaging that on the contract he got cut from and now he's coming off a major injury. Vet minimum...

Also you don't need to do a summary of who A-Dub is on this forum Laughing

I'll pass on him though I'd like to see him ceremoniously sign with us and retire the next day if that's what he wants.
holeman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Do your homework. A-Dub was poor in coverage last year? He got injured in preseason. Didn't play a single down for the Patriots last season as he was on injured reserve.

Pay him 2 million? He wasn't even averaging that on the contract he got cut from and now he's coming off a major injury. Vet minimum...

Also you don't need to do a summary of who A-Dub is on this forum Laughing

I'll pass on him though I'd like to see him ceremoniously sign with us and retire the next day if that's what he wants.

oh, im so sry, there was this dude ranting on the article I was reading about how bad he was last season...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to answer the poll because the answers don't express my thoughts very well.

I would welcome him back on the vet minimum for veteran presence alone and a chance to give a guy a play or two off every now and then. Would he start, no, but veteran presence is important to any locker room.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think he is done. He was losing a step towards te end of his run here and was not too good in coverage ever really. Now he is coming off a major injury, so no. He deserves to be in our Ring of Honor however.

Justo on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At minimum I'd like to see him sign a 1 day contract and retire a Cardinal.

If he would except a back up role, I'd like to see him on the roster.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom Line for me; He's still a better player than Yeremiah Bell. We have no player to play that SS role; one that does not require a lot of coverage ability in the Bowles scheme.

I would like to see him back, at worst you get a veteran presence in the locker room, at best you can get a top notch run defender, a solid blitzer and a guy who can help out in coverage if needed.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
JLW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Bottom Line for me; He's still a better player than Yeremiah Bell. We have no player to play that SS role; one that does not require a lot of coverage ability in the Bowles scheme.

I would like to see him back, at worst you get a veteran presence in the locker room, at best you can get a top notch run defender, a solid blitzer and a guy who can help out in coverage if needed.

A year and a torn Achilles later, are you sure he's still better than Bell?

Hopefully we grab someone in the draft so that we don't need either, because I don't really want either one of them back and playing many snaps for this team.

Also, how sure are you Bowles was using his SS that way by design as opposed to just getting what he could out of what he had in Bell?
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets a 1 day contract and retiers a one team player

last year doesnt count for me
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
A year and a torn Achilles later, are you sure he's still better than Bell?

Hopefully we grab someone in the draft so that we don't need either, because I don't really want either one of them back and playing many snaps for this team.

Also, how sure are you Bowles was using his SS that way by design as opposed to just getting what he could out of what he had in Bell?

1 - Yes
2 - Having the find a particular spot in the draft is always risky, leads to prioritizing need over talent, that is how bad teams stay bad.
3 - We cannot be sure; but it worked.

JLW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying they should draft for need, just that I hope we end up with a competent safety so neither of those guys have to play for us again.

Also, Jurecki is saying they offered Bell a one year contract and that he is leaning towards retirement.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, when Wilson was healthy in his last year in AZ, he was benched in favor of Rashad Johnson because he was losing a couple of steps and was not as effective in coverage. Even in run support, Wilson was not as able to shed block or set the edge (probably because he was still recovering from a torn biceps the year before). Now couple that with the fact he suffered what is typically a career-crippling injury at age 34, I do not see reason to think he could play meaningful snaps, let alone be an improvement on Yeremiah Bell.

This is a big opportunity for Tony Jefferson to step up and win a starting job, just like Bell was able to do as an undrafted free agent with Miami.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
The way I see it, when Wilson was healthy in his last year in AZ, he was benched in favor of Rashad Johnson because he was losing a couple of steps and was not as effective in coverage.

Except he was never benched. No idea where that myth comes from. He still started in 14 of 15 games he played in and still played 78.4% of the teams defensive snaps all season.

Johnson played more defensive snaps than Wilson in ONE game all season when Wilson was active.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: