Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A-Dub to reunite with Cardinals???

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we Sign A-Dub?
Hell yes!!!!!!!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Hell no!!!!!!
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author Message
holeman1


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 614
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: A-Dub to reunite with Cardinals??? Reply with quote

basic summary of him: A-Dub = Adrian Wilson, SS, was with Arizona for a good amount of time and was a Pro Bowler while with us, has good size at 6'3"...

so I heard that Adrian Wilson was released by the Patriots a couple days ago as he was a cap casualty, he also was a bit of a disappointment in 2013. the thing about him that he "lost his legs." personally I think that he should be given another chance chance, a 1 year 2M$ (.5M guaranteed) deal sounds like a order, he can contribute by helping cover TE's (which, for the most part are not super fast). he can also help us by busting the trenches wide open as his run defense was not that bad last year.

ideas? opinions? comments?


Last edited by holeman1 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apollo14000


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 4221
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do your homework. A-Dub was poor in coverage last year? He got injured in preseason. Didn't play a single down for the Patriots last season as he was on injured reserve.

Pay him 2 million? He wasn't even averaging that on the contract he got cut from and now he's coming off a major injury. Vet minimum...

Also you don't need to do a summary of who A-Dub is on this forum Laughing

I'll pass on him though I'd like to see him ceremoniously sign with us and retire the next day if that's what he wants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holeman1


Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 614
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Do your homework. A-Dub was poor in coverage last year? He got injured in preseason. Didn't play a single down for the Patriots last season as he was on injured reserve.

Pay him 2 million? He wasn't even averaging that on the contract he got cut from and now he's coming off a major injury. Vet minimum...

Also you don't need to do a summary of who A-Dub is on this forum Laughing

I'll pass on him though I'd like to see him ceremoniously sign with us and retire the next day if that's what he wants.


oh, im so sry, there was this dude ranting on the article I was reading about how bad he was last season...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5172
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to answer the poll because the answers don't express my thoughts very well.

I would welcome him back on the vet minimum for veteran presence alone and a chance to give a guy a play or two off every now and then. Would he start, no, but veteran presence is important to any locker room.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think he is done. He was losing a step towards te end of his run here and was not too good in coverage ever really. Now he is coming off a major injury, so no. He deserves to be in our Ring of Honor however.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3509
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At minimum I'd like to see him sign a 1 day contract and retire a Cardinal.

If he would except a back up role, I'd like to see him on the roster.
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50813
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom Line for me; He's still a better player than Yeremiah Bell. We have no player to play that SS role; one that does not require a lot of coverage ability in the Bowles scheme.

I would like to see him back, at worst you get a veteran presence in the locker room, at best you can get a top notch run defender, a solid blitzer and a guy who can help out in coverage if needed.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
JLW


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 165
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Bottom Line for me; He's still a better player than Yeremiah Bell. We have no player to play that SS role; one that does not require a lot of coverage ability in the Bowles scheme.

I would like to see him back, at worst you get a veteran presence in the locker room, at best you can get a top notch run defender, a solid blitzer and a guy who can help out in coverage if needed.


A year and a torn Achilles later, are you sure he's still better than Bell?

Hopefully we grab someone in the draft so that we don't need either, because I don't really want either one of them back and playing many snaps for this team.

Also, how sure are you Bowles was using his SS that way by design as opposed to just getting what he could out of what he had in Bell?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5147
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets a 1 day contract and retiers a one team player

last year doesnt count for me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50813
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLW wrote:
A year and a torn Achilles later, are you sure he's still better than Bell?

Hopefully we grab someone in the draft so that we don't need either, because I don't really want either one of them back and playing many snaps for this team.

Also, how sure are you Bowles was using his SS that way by design as opposed to just getting what he could out of what he had in Bell?


1 - Yes
2 - Having the find a particular spot in the draft is always risky, leads to prioritizing need over talent, that is how bad teams stay bad.
3 - We cannot be sure; but it worked.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
JLW


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 165
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying they should draft for need, just that I hope we end up with a competent safety so neither of those guys have to play for us again.

Also, Jurecki is saying they offered Bell a one year contract and that he is leaning towards retirement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7211
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, when Wilson was healthy in his last year in AZ, he was benched in favor of Rashad Johnson because he was losing a couple of steps and was not as effective in coverage. Even in run support, Wilson was not as able to shed block or set the edge (probably because he was still recovering from a torn biceps the year before). Now couple that with the fact he suffered what is typically a career-crippling injury at age 34, I do not see reason to think he could play meaningful snaps, let alone be an improvement on Yeremiah Bell.

This is a big opportunity for Tony Jefferson to step up and win a starting job, just like Bell was able to do as an undrafted free agent with Miami.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50813
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
The way I see it, when Wilson was healthy in his last year in AZ, he was benched in favor of Rashad Johnson because he was losing a couple of steps and was not as effective in coverage.


Except he was never benched. No idea where that myth comes from. He still started in 14 of 15 games he played in and still played 78.4% of the teams defensive snaps all season.

Johnson played more defensive snaps than Wilson in ONE game all season when Wilson was active.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group