Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fox extended three years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Fox extended three years Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10731691/denver-broncos-john-fox-agree-3-year-deal-per-sources
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Broncos re-did Fox's contract a year early to avoid a higher demand next year if Fox leads the team to another Super Bowl.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good with this move. He deserves it, despite what some think. The team has won 3 straight AFCW titles, back to back 13-3 seasons and a SB appearance. That's good coaching.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this got done. It was kind of put on the back burner I think because all sides recognized that would eventually get done and there were more pressing matters at hand.

While he has his (un)fair share of haters and detractors in both the media and the fanbase, Fox is exactly the type of coach this team needs - one that is good leader, creates a good lockerroom atmosphere, is both liked and respected by his players and is not married to one and only one way of doing things.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I'm glad this got done. It was kind of put on the back burner I think because all sides recognized that would eventually get done and there were more pressing matters at hand.

While he has his (un)fair share of haters and detractors in both the media and the fanbase, Fox is exactly the type of coach this team needs - one that is good leader, creates a good lockerroom atmosphere, is both liked and respected by his players and is not married to one and only one way of doing things.

The Superbowl made me question his leadership considering how unprepared this team was for it and how loose this team was during the Superbowl. The same thing pretty much happened in 2012 against the Ravens. The only reason why I have no issue with it is because Fox started this whole thing in the Peyton era so let him finish it off. I mean Peyton only has three years max, likely less.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid signing. He needed to not be a lame duck coach heading into a potential championship run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: