Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detfan Final Mock Pre-Draft

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Detfan Final Mock Pre-Draft Reply with quote

1. Hou- Clowney
2. Stl- Jake Matthews
3. Jags- Bridgewater
4. Clev- Manziel
5. Oak- Watkins
6. Atl- Greg Robinson
7. TB- Aaron Donald
8. Min D. Dennard
9. Buffalo Evans

10. Detroit- DE/OLB Mack.....the versatility Mack brings to the table is off the charts. I still not sure he drops to 10 but based on how things are shaping up he could. Big Gilbert fan but would take Mack in this scenario given the comp picks that came out.



10. OLB/DE- Mack- Buffalo
45. TE- A Seferian-Jenkins- Washington
76. CB- Jaylen Watkins- Florida
111. WR- Martavius Bryant- Clemson
133. DE- Chris Smith- Arkansas
136. SS- Craig Loston- LSU
189. C- Gabe Ikard- Oklahoma
227. DT- Shamar Stephen- UCONN
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mijags


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 3167
Location: kalamazoo, mi
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant is one of my top 5 WR targets. Dude would be great here. His hands are inconsistent, but that can be improved upon....dude has home run potential with the deep ball...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
Bryant is one of my top 5 WR targets. Dude would be great here. His hands are inconsistent, but that can be improved upon....dude has home run potential with the deep ball...


He is by far my fav WR in draft. I think he may go a bit sooner but just going with his current projection right now.

He may go as early as 2nd come draft day.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 22853
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Mack. Would be a A+++ pick. Seferian-Jenkins would be okay, but he's not too different than Pettigrew IMO, so I may prefer a different type of TE. Not bad value in the 2nd though. Watkins is a nice pick because he can play well at pretty much any DB spot other than a traditional SS role. Bryant has 1st round physical skills, so to get him in the 4th would be great. Smith seems to fit the mold of long explosive DE's this FO likes, but I don't love his tape, and while he has long arms he also is on the short side for DE's. Wouldn't be bad with our 1st comp pick though. Loston at that point wouldn't be that bad. Would be a developmental guy underneath Ihedigbo and would ideally be able to help on special teams early on. Ikard isn't one of my favorite OC prospects, but getting a guy to develop under Raiola in the 6th wouldn't be too bad of a pick. Haven't seen Shamar Stephen, but I know some like him. Will have to watch some of him at some point soon.


Overall, I like it. Gets some immediate help, but also gets some high upside guys as well. Good value at most picks too.
_________________


R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Love Mack. Would be a A+++ pick. Seferian-Jenkins would be okay, but he's not too different than Pettigrew IMO, so I may prefer a different type of TE. Not bad value in the 2nd though. Watkins is a nice pick because he can play well at pretty much any DB spot other than a traditional SS role. Bryant has 1st round physical skills, so to get him in the 4th would be great. Smith seems to fit the mold of long explosive DE's this FO likes, but I don't love his tape, and while he has long arms he also is on the short side for DE's. Wouldn't be bad with our 1st comp pick though. Loston at that point wouldn't be that bad. Would be a developmental guy underneath Ihedigbo and would ideally be able to help on special teams early on. Ikard isn't one of my favorite OC prospects, but getting a guy to develop under Raiola in the 6th wouldn't be too bad of a pick. Haven't seen Shamar Stephen, but I know some like him. Will have to watch some of him at some point soon.


Overall, I like it. Gets some immediate help, but also gets some high upside guys as well. Good value at most picks too.


I took Ikard because of versatility. He played a lot of time at guard too for Okie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvin-Stafford


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 267
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack would be an epic pick, especially if we don't have to trade up for him. Love his game in our front seven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin-Stafford wrote:
Mack would be an epic pick, especially if we don't have to trade up for him. Love his game in our front seven.


I mocked him in one of my very first mocks but he was a reach at that point. He has shot up the boards but I think he will come back down a few.

I am still not sure he makes it to 10 but other teams in front of us have bigger needs with top talent falling to those needs.

Should be interesting
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amaru0


Joined: 24 Dec 2004
Posts: 2620
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Mack starts sliding, someone will move up to take him before we get a shot. But if this worked out, I could definitely live with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
I think if Mack starts sliding, someone will move up to take him before we get a shot. But if this worked out, I could definitely live with it.


I agree he is a viable trade up guy for many teams.

Long shot but wanted to go a different route my last mock.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4337
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love for Mack to fall to us but I see him going #2 to the Rams.

I dont get the love for ASJ. He looks solid, but not worth a 2nd. I wouldnt be surprised if he were buried on the DC if we took him. I think this TE class is pathetic.

I think you questioned Watkins strength in another thread, yet as big as Bryant is, Watkins plays with more strength than him. Bryant also has poor hands. Yet, he has size and explosiveness, and I think will be overdrafted be it in the 2nd or 3rd.

Rest is solid.
_________________
Team Stylish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Would love for Mack to fall to us but I see him going #2 to the Rams.

I dont get the love for ASJ. He looks solid, but not worth a 2nd. I wouldnt be surprised if he were buried on the DC if we took him. I think this TE class is pathetic.

I think you questioned Watkins strength in another thread, yet as big as Bryant is, Watkins plays with more strength than him. Bryant also has poor hands. Yet, he has size and explosiveness, and I think will be overdrafted be it in the 2nd or 3rd.

Rest is solid.


Diff is Bryant can go up and get a ball. Huge in red zone. Stafford is known to throw high and often. Poor fit for Sammy period but solid for a tall WR like Bryant.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4337
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
Would love for Mack to fall to us but I see him going #2 to the Rams.

I dont get the love for ASJ. He looks solid, but not worth a 2nd. I wouldnt be surprised if he were buried on the DC if we took him. I think this TE class is pathetic.

I think you questioned Watkins strength in another thread, yet as big as Bryant is, Watkins plays with more strength than him. Bryant also has poor hands. Yet, he has size and explosiveness, and I think will be overdrafted be it in the 2nd or 3rd.

Rest is solid.


Diff is Bryant can go up and get a ball. Huge in red zone. Stafford is known to throw high and often. Poor fit for Sammy period but solid for a tall WR like Bryant.


Even if he doesnt catch the ball?

And maybe Staffords tendency to throw high has to do with the personnel we have.

Only reliable players in the redzone last year were CJ and Fauria.

Stafford had no problems getting the ball to Nate and Titus when they were able to play.
_________________
Team Stylish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
Would love for Mack to fall to us but I see him going #2 to the Rams.

I dont get the love for ASJ. He looks solid, but not worth a 2nd. I wouldnt be surprised if he were buried on the DC if we took him. I think this TE class is pathetic.

I think you questioned Watkins strength in another thread, yet as big as Bryant is, Watkins plays with more strength than him. Bryant also has poor hands. Yet, he has size and explosiveness, and I think will be overdrafted be it in the 2nd or 3rd.

Rest is solid.


Diff is Bryant can go up and get a ball. Huge in red zone. Stafford is known to throw high and often. Poor fit for Sammy period but solid for a tall WR like Bryant.


Even if he doesnt catch the ball?

And maybe Staffords tendency to throw high has to do with the personnel we have.

Only reliable players in the redzone last year were CJ and Fauria.

Stafford had no problems getting the ball to Nate and Titus when they were able to play.


Watching his film the majority were high even to those two. Bryant can catch just fine. He had a RB playing QB so that did not help. Boyd could get ball to Sammy all day in screens etc but he sucked as a QB for WR like Bryant.

He could do the Gimmick Watkins thing all day
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4337
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Boyd didnt help much, but I still see poor hands with Bryant.

He'll make a really hard catch, and then drop a couple easy ones.

I would love to get him in the 4th, but theres reasons why he isnt considered a higher round pick.
_________________
Team Stylish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48891
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I agree Boyd didnt help much, but I still see poor hands with Bryant.

He'll make a really hard catch, and then drop a couple easy ones.

I would love to get him in the 4th, but theres reasons why he isnt considered a higher round pick.


He is likely going to go higher. You cant teach speed/size. I think he may even sneak into the 2nd
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group