Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Mock Draft Detroit Lions 4/5/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewsosa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: 2014 NFL Mock Draft Detroit Lions 4/5/14 Reply with quote

1st Round - Anthony Barr OLB/DE - Caldwell wants to add a pass-rushing outside linebacker. Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, and the two top tackles will be off the board by the time we pick. He is our best choice unless you would rather draft Justin Gilbert.

2nd Round - Deone Bucannon S - The Lions are keeping safety options open even after signing James Ihedigbo (30 years). He is a first-team All-American who finished this year with 78 solo tackles. Also, he has 15 career interceptions.

3rd Round - Donte Moncrief WR - The Lions would love to continue to add offensive weapons. Donte is 6'2" and 221LBS. At the combine, he ran a 4.40 in the 40 and also had a 39.5 vertical jump. Time and time again, he flashed be play making ability. I believe he will be a steal in this years draft and is an example of a good player on a bad team.

4th Round - Phillip Gaines CB - The Lions need to continue to add talent and depth to the cornerback position. Gaines has good sized and good speed. He is a four year starter at Rice and has good experience both in man and zone coverage.

4th Round - Caraun Reid DT - Adds good depth and can play in Detroit's rotation. He has a big frame and is very quick of his first step.

4th Round- Jon Halapio OG - Adds depth to our offensive line.

6th Round- Larry Webster DE - Lions hosted Larry Webster early in march. He has a very long frame like Devin Taylor. Larry can help add depth.

7th Round - Anthony Fera K- The Lions desperately need a kicker.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like it outside of Barr who isn't at all worth #10.

I also find it funny how so many now think we are going to draft a pass rushing OLB because "Caldwell said so" when like a month ago people were saying we wouldn't because "Caldwell said so" then too. Might be crazy, but I don't think Caldwell will be making our draft plans public any time soon. Laughing
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that starts with Barr I don't like. Some of the other picks aren't bad, but Barr just doesn't fit, especially not that high.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like that second pick..bucannon don't get enough love imo
ThugCityGrunt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

I also find it funny how so many now think we are going to draft a pass rushing OLB because "Caldwell said so" when like a month ago people were saying we wouldn't because "Caldwell said so" then too. Might be crazy, but I don't think Caldwell will be making our draft plans public any time soon. Laughing

Now now he said pass rushing OLB is a need. He never said we were going to draft one. Barr is a pretty good fit for us as far as being BPA (definitely arguable) and scheme fit. I mean, I think he'll be the next Boss Bailey here, but he fits the mold. If Evans and Ebron are gone, it'll probably be one of Barr or Gilbert and I dont think we'll be able to trade down.

AAL Golden Tate
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThugCityGrunt wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Now now he said pass rushing OLB is a need. He never said we were going to draft one. Barr is a pretty good fit for us as far as being BPA (definitely arguable) and scheme fit. I mean, I think he'll be the next Boss Bailey here, but he fits the mold. If Evans and Ebron are gone, it'll probably be one of Barr or Gilbert and I dont think we'll be able to trade down.

I really think Donald should be in the convo. I know Fairley is younger than Backus, but we did draft Reiff before we "needed" him. And it sort of looks like the writing's on the wall for Fairley.

Regarding the OP: Solid draft, high potential. Think Gaines is great value where you get him and understand but don't love the Barr pick at 10. I think Bucannon is more of a 3rd round grade, but I've only watched a few games of his so I owe him more time. Moncrief in the 3rd is good value.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this.

I was a bit skeptical of Bucchannon at first, but Ive come around him and think he is a legit 2nd rounder.

Moncrief has 1st round talent and Id love to get him in the 3rd.

Question for those who dont like Barr: Is it more his fit with us (a defense we havent seen yet), or is it his rawness?

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: