Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: FFMD '15 - Owners Meeting Reply with quote

FFMD ’15 – The future is in your hands

We are a small group of members also known as the A-Team, tasked with the job of collaborating, researching and developing an overall better experience for Football’s Future Mock Draft, better known to us all as FFMD.

This venture will be closely scrutinized by several site moderators to insure this project follows the guidelines of Footballsfuture.com, as well as our vision of a final product is parallel to that of the site moderators.

We understand that the concept of FFMD is meant to be fun, provide a means for group discussion, be educational, allow for bragging rights, and anything else that draws us mockers together once a season.

This project we are working on isn't going to be just a one week long or even one month long event because we plan to dissect every portion of the current process, determine if it works, how well it works and if/how it can be improved. If it can be improved, we’ll start drawing up ideas and concepts. We’ll test these concepts for flaws and once we feel we have a viable solution to the issue, we’ll present it to the moderators for their approval to make sure that it falls with the forum guidelines and that it is keeping within their concept of FFMD. Once that is done then we’ll look to you, for your input.

Which brings me to what I like to call the “Owners Meeting”. This committee will be established to discuss, to provide additional proposals on, and finally vote on the concept we present. We only anticipate one person from each team forum to represent the best interest of their team and the future of FFMD. We are asking that the team representative aka “owner” internally discusses our proposals with his fellow war room buddies and provide input, suggestions, and comments.

So we are asking all teams to nominate an “owner” for this process. Someone with a bit of recent FFMD experience would make the most sense - but that’s up to each individual forum.

This is your chance to make an impact on the future of FFMD.

If no one is nominated, we will start knocking on doors and peeking in windows until you do……not really but that was my scare tactic to get you to nominate someone.

Thank you
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a specific nominee, but it seems obvious to me that the choices should be between Pastor Dillon, amazingandre, and jch.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was PMed and asked to speak on behalf of the texans

The main thing they have been talking about is making FFMD a continuous thing, so basically you keep the rosters from the previous year

I am opposed to this for a number of reasons, but leaving that aside I dont think it even possible to keep the interest up in something like that

thoughts?

Im also suggesting some kind of system to award a winner or at least Awards, so that there is some kind of purpose to it

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
King Blonde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston Texans trade wide receiver Andre Johnson to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2014 second-round pick and 2014 fifth-round pick

espn.go.com

is this true??????? somebody help me to understand
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Blonde wrote:
Houston Texans trade wide receiver Andre Johnson to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2014 second-round pick and 2014 fifth-round pick

espn.go.com

is this true??????? somebody help me to understand

not sure this is the right thread, but no thats not true

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I was PMed and asked to speak on behalf of the texans

The main thing they have been talking about is making FFMD a continuous thing, so basically you keep the rosters from the previous year

I am opposed to this for a number of reasons, but leaving that aside I dont think it even possible to keep the interest up in something like that

thoughts?

Im also suggesting some kind of system to award a winner or at least Awards, so that there is some kind of purpose to it
I suggest the same - speaking of which, I need to load our final roster from this year's FFMD into the "Final Roster" thread so it can be judged
Leading tackler - Game 1
1 missed goal line FF (stupid refs Wink )
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all for keeping rosters that the previous year made. I think it would be more forum involved because we won't want guys screwing up the team, plus those bs contracts with no regard to the future would be gone.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Im all for keeping rosters that the previous year made. I think it would be more forum involved because we won't want guys screwing up the team, plus those bs contracts with no regard to the future would be gone.

The main issue is that in 3 years we won't be the texans anymore. We won't have many of our favorite players that the team gets in the draft, or from trade or free agency.

New people won't want any part of it because it will be weirdo and crazy to them.

It's not a bad idea as a separate thing if people want to do it but replacing FFMD with it would kill the intended purpose

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elect me as owner and I will fight so hard to never have Tebow, favre, and Johnny manziel on this team.

I like the idea of keeping over rosters. It's been the main reason I never get involved anymore with FFMD.

It being its seperate thing might work better but the current model is so meh.

What would happen with incoming rookies?
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Elect me as owner and I will fight so hard to never have Tebow, favre, and Johnny manziel on this team.

I like the idea of keeping over rosters. It's been the main reason I never get involved anymore with FFMD.

The logistics just don't make sense. You can create this super team on FFMD and your team suck in real life and you still get the top pick in the FFMD.

Rookies would all be on teams other than the team that drafts them in real life.

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

The logistics just don't make sense. You can create this super team on FFMD and your team suck in real life and you still get the top pick in the FFMD.

Rookies would all be on teams other than the team that drafts them in real life.

Thats why there is a committee, to make it work.....its pointless to do ffmd and NOT keep the turnover from year to year. Its pointless, not very fun for veteran posters and did I mention pointless?

At least by keeping a running team year to year it would make it more interesting. Maybe propose a 5 year run or 3 year run and then reset the teams.

And if you are so worried about unrealistic moves, don't elect a crappy GM Wink
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who ran FFMD a long time ago (and, basically ran it into the ground) allow me to say this: Less is more.

Advise those in charge (the mods running it) that things such as the Talent Agency (a HORRIBLE idea, enacted by yours truly) and trade advisory board are no longer needed. If someone wants to orchestrate a lopsided trade, let them do so. If someone wants to spend $15MM on a FB, let them. If someone wants to trade their entire draft for the #1 pick, let them. Tell those in charge that mitigating trades and/or signings for some false sense of balance ruins the spirit of the game. Fair game is fair game. Have at it, GMs!

I'm sure I have more ideas between now and then, but this is what I'm thinking now. Tell the mods that run the show that less is more. Let the free market reign, let decisions be made in real time, no worries on balancing the real world to this simulation. Let the free will of everyone involved dictate when and how things work, and you will have a simulation that is full of shock, surprises and everything in between.

- ET

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: