Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mack mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Mack mock Reply with quote

Free Agency:
Carlos Rogers-Provides us with an experienced cornerback. He would play NB for us with Slay and Houston as boundary corners. He could move outside if needed.

Draft:
*Trade* Detroit trades their 1st and 3rd round pick to the Oakland Raiders.
1: OLB Khalil Mack- Mack can play a Von Miller role. He gives us a playmaking LB and extra support as a pass rusher.

2: WR Donte Moncrief- Moncrief will be a valuable addition to our offense. He can take the top off of defenses and is a perfect compliment to Megatron and Tate.

*Trade* Detroit trades their 4th round pick and a future pick to move back into the 3rd.
3: SS Deone Bucannon-Bucannon provides valuable depth in the back end and should develop into a starter. He should also provide value as a special teamer.

4: (comp)DE Jackson Jeffcoat-I have seen Jeffcoat projected all over the place. He could easily be gone by this point. He would however provide value in our rotation.

4: (comp) OC Bryan Stork-Stork can add strength and develop behind Raiola.

*Trade* The Lions trade their 6th round pick for K Dustin Hopkins.
This may be unlikely but Hopkins is a superior kicker to anyone available in this draft. He had a fluke injury got bumped by Dan Carpenter. He should fix our K spot for a decade.

7: FS Jonathon Dowling-A rangy, athletic safety. He was a Florida recruit when Austin was DC in there. He has a ton of potential and could develop behind Quin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade, I'm of the opinion if we trade up I'd much prefer Robinson, Clowney or Mack over Watkins. Not a fan of Moncrief at all and especially not in the 2nd. I'm not big on Buccanon either. Overall I'd be a little dissapointed with the value of some of the prospects but having Mack, well I'd get over it. Switch out Moncrief with a better wr there and it'd be a good draft
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually everyone wants to move back and you have us trading up 2 times.

I like the originality.

Sig bet
1King

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lie, I've been thinking about doing a mock with the same exact trade up (same team, compensation, and player). Mad

Early bird gets the worm I suppose.

*sigh*

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DrRay11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather wait for Barr than trade up for Mack.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Mack--if he fell to us. But trading up to get a guy whose only role would be to replace our best defensive player from last season? Can't see it happening.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
I would love Mack--if he fell to us. But trading up to get a guy whose only role would be to replace our best defensive player from last season? Can't see it happening.

Mack's role would be the starting OLB, replacing Ashlee Palmer.

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
amaru0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

Palmer played less than 40% of defensive snaps last season, which was more on account of scheme than his performance. In a division with Green Bay and Chicago, not to mention the NFL as a whole these days, we play so much nickel that the 3rd linebacker is a part timer. Mack would be a luxury pick, and one I'm not against if he falls to 10, but not worth trading up for.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree precisely with amaru. I must say, good to see you as well brother.
1King

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

Palmer played less than 40% of defensive snaps last season, which was more on account of scheme than his performance. In a division with Green Bay and Chicago, not to mention the NFL as a whole these days, we play so much nickel that the 3rd linebacker is a part timer. Mack would be a luxury pick, and one I'm not against if he falls to 10, but not worth trading up for.

Under the old defense...Assuming that will continue to be the same under a new defense?

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
bigc421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

Mack is a very talented pass rusher and whoever drafts will certainly plan on using him in that roll on 3rd downs. Whether you wanna call it a 4-2 nickel or a 3-3-5 we have a coaching staff familiar with multiple fronts. Agree with the principle of your statement though, no sense trading up for a guy who may not have an exact roll. More of a if he's there when you pick and is bpa you can't pass.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:
1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

Under the old defense...Assuming that will continue to be the same under a new defense?

Pretty much has to. We don't have linebackers and/or safeties that can consistently cover receivers, so bringing in an extra corner is essential half the time. Every team in the division played a significant amount of nickel last year, and we won't be able to avoid that situation this year either.

As for the option of using him as a pass rusher, that's where the luxury pick comes in. If he falls and we take him, they'll find a way to use him. But I seriously doubt they even consider moving up for him, given the current state of the roster. Of course, if you through Tulloch or Levy into the deal to move up, the situation becomes slightly more plausible.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:
1King wrote:
amaru0 wrote:

IMO in today's NFL of high powered passing offenses, it would be a serious mistake to do otherwise. I would not want to see the results if we did not run Nickel most of the time.
RIP CITY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack can play DE end too. Wouldn't have a problem with trading up for him but don't really love the idea of trading up from #10 for anyone outside of Clowney. Donte Moncrief in the 2nd is horrible, I'd be OK with taking him with the third 4th Rounder, even then there might be a better WR available, don't like him much at all. Deone Bucannon is good with me, definitely think he'll be a solid starter at some point. Jeffcoat and Stork are good Picks.

Trade Moncrief for a better WR, which will definitely be available at that point and I can get on board with this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love mack. He's not worth trade up though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: