Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason April 2nd
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Out of curiosity, what makes Nix a top 20 pick and Justin Ellis a 3rd rounder?

I would probably go Dennard/Bucannon/Ellis with my top 3. Same positions drafted, just a different order.
What's the difference between Michael Floyd and Marvin McNutt? Nix and Floyd were just that much better at everything.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:

I would probably go Dennard/Bucannon/Ellis with my top 3. Same positions drafted, just a different order.
What's the difference between Michael Floyd and Marvin McNutt? Nix and Floyd were just that much better at everything.

I think it takes more talent to play WR in the NFL than it does to play NT, for starters.

Granted, Ellis has his deficiencies in locating the football but if we are asking our NT to clog running lanes and pressure the pocket on passing downs... why not wait until the third?

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:

I think it takes more talent to play WR in the NFL than it does to play NT, for starters.

Granted, Ellis has his deficiencies in locating the football but if we are asking our NT to clog running lanes and pressure the pocket on passing downs... why not wait until the third?
You do it if you want a much more talented player at that position. I personally have us going NT in round 4 or 5 so I don't agree that we need a 1st round NT but we're still not sure exactly what the system will be so maybe we will need an impact NT.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:

There are less people walking the planet that can play NT than there are guys who can play WR.

Being able to move, be athletic and perform at 330lbs is not easy.
SLCbear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:

if we are asking our NT to clog running lanes and pressure the pocket on passing downs... why not wait until the third
?

Position talent is more or less relative unless you are talking QB or to a much lesser degree the Trenches, as this is how and where NFL Football Games are won. If you did not have an elite QB or even a good one, would you draft Warren Sapp or Andre Johnson??
Over the course of a game, a dominant rookie WSapp is more valuable than a dominant rookie AJohnson; esp. where there is not a proficient QB capable of getting him the ball consistently --or if there is an opposing LOCKdown Corner keeping the ball away from him.

My point is that there is freakish talent, difference-making talent at every position according to team needs> Look no further than my boy #75KyleLong and the OG position ha!

ADOPT-A-BEAR #23KyleFuller *INT3 / PD4 / FF2 / COMB19
MemphisBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Nix wouldn't fit in a 4-3 is like saying he's just too big, 330 pound lineman can only play 3-4 NT.

I like the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: